787 12 2022-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

My tribute to Jethro Tull :-).

Unfortunately, I had no church or other enclosed space available to finally transfer something different than a wide landscape in a panorama. Therefore, it must do a small pond, closely surrounded by trees. The experiment was aimed at testing the stitching quality at small distances and how to fill the zenith with a vertical shot.

Since it was quite stormy, there are unfortunately slight ghosting artifacts in the zenith and because of the large dynamic range, eroded highlights could not be avoided completely. But the result still looks pretty good in my opinion. Software: PanoramaStudio 3 Pro, PS/ACR and Topaz DeNoise and Sharpen AI.

2022-9-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice sphere.  
2022-9-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely woodland scene.
2022-9-13
Use props
davidy61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57037 ft
Australia

Nice shot
2022-9-13
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Hey Bernd that is 200% better than what I tried the other day under a bridge infact it's awesome! You picked a super tricky subject too (trees in wind)  I was a bit rushed and made a horizontal shot for my zenith which was completely useless of course so mean to go back and do properly soon. But I think you are proving it can be done and done well
2022-9-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SPLflyer. Good day and thank you for posting this cool sphere that you have created. Nicely done and have a nice day. .
2022-9-13
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-13 19:04
Hello there SPLflyer. Good day and thank you for posting this cool sphere that you have created. Nicely done and have a nice day.  .

DowntownRDB, Blériot, davidy61 and, last but not least, DJI Stephen thank you very much for your kind comments!
2022-9-13
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

Bussty Posted at 9-13 15:52
Hey Bernd that is 200% better than what I tried the other day under a bridge infact it's awesome! You picked a super tricky subject too (trees in wind)  I was a bit rushed and made a horizontal shot for my zenith which was completely useless of course so mean to go back and do properly soon. But I think you are proving it can be done and done well

Good morning, Andrew, thanks for your kind appreciation. I was surprised myself by the good result. The subject is certainly nothing great, but it perfectly meets the criterion of maximum difficult stitching requirements. It didn't go completely flawless either. To be honest, I had to do some slight retouching on the bark of a tree trunk that had been stitched a little bit out of place ;-). But that was quickly done with the clone stamp. I took the vertical shot directly prior to the panorama. This shot took the position of PANO0003.DNG during stitching, which I removed completely from the process. There would have been duplicate, slightly shifted information in that area otherwise. However, the vertical shot completely filled the space – there were no blank spaces. May be you can consider this in your own experiments as well.

Cheers, Bernd
2022-9-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lovely sphere!
2022-9-14
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

SPLflyer Posted at 9-13 22:35
Good morning, Andrew, thanks for your kind appreciation. I was surprised myself by the good result. The subject is certainly nothing great, but it perfectly meets the criterion of maximum difficult stitching requirements. It didn't go completely flawless either. To be honest, I had to do some slight retouching on the bark of a tree trunk that had been stitched a little bit out of place ;-). But that was quickly done with the clone stamp. I took the vertical shot directly prior to the panorama. This shot took the position of PANO0003.DNG during stitching, which I removed completely from the process. There would have been duplicate, slightly shifted information in that area otherwise. However, the vertical shot completely filled the space – there were no blank spaces. May be you can consider this in your own experiments as well.

Cheers, Bernd

Hey Bernd

Yes firmly of the view it will be luck to get a 100% perfect stitch if the drone is as close as it was in your sphere but as you rightly say is easy enough to retouch.

I think the process you have described is what I have been using on some distant spheres with success but not close in yet.

I do have to pinch myself to be reminded to match colour balance, iso and shutter speed with the first vertical single shot  and the DJI auto sphere as they store their own last settings. This is one little nuisance step that hopefully DJI can eliminate. Would be quite nice to just push that big white button and know it was all taken care of  
2022-9-14
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Nicely done :-)
2022-9-14
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

Thanks for your acknowledgements, too, Montfrooij & MS!
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

SPLflyer Posted at 9-13 22:33
DowntownRDB, Blériot, davidy61 and, last but not least, DJI Stephen thank you very much for your kind comments!

Hi there SPLflyer. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules