DJI Googles 2 alternative power supply
5699 7 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bukkNZouGB07
lvl.1
Poland

Hello DJI family,

My first post here - just bought Avata (Pro-view combo) 2 days ago as my first drone ever :-)
Question related to Googles 2 - any chance to use other power supply and not the original battery? will it work with a powerbank?

Thanks!
2022-9-14
Use props
Wexter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2215259 ft
Czechia

Yes, you just need USB-C cable for Goggles 2 (can be found on Aliexpress) and powerbank which support Power Delivery (45W or 65W).
2022-9-14
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The permissible voltage range should be carefully observed!  
It is lower on the Goggles 2 than on the older FPV Goggles V2.
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our designated team for further clarification. We will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you.
2022-9-19
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

Wexter Posted at 9-14 08:27
Yes, you just need USB-C cable for Goggles 2 (can be found on Aliexpress) and powerbank which support Power Delivery (45W or 65W).

The Goggles aren’t powered via USB C but rather via a 2 wire DC supply from the battery
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for patiently waiting. It is recommended to use the original DJI battery. If you would like to use a third-party battery, please ensure its voltage should be no more than 11.1 V in case that the drone is scorched. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-19
Use props
fredbotton75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832001 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi G2 users!

I'm looking for clarification on powering the G2. I've gotten myself an USB-C to G2 DC cable (that one).
- DJI original battery does not power on with that cable (double tap sequence fails)
- Regular Powerbanks I own do not power mask through USB-C.
- 20W USB-C plug powers mask ok (haven't tried long though as it mentions 20V/1A).
My questions:
- What characteristics are required from a Powerbank to power G2? (QC? PD? xxWatts?). How do I make sure it won't send more than 11,1V but still powers it? Does the USB-C to G2 DC cable characteristics matter?
- Is there an XT60 to G2 DC cable somewhere on Amazon or Aliexpress (or anywhere else)? Would love to power using one of my big 3S Lipos.
- Why is the DJI original battery not powering on using third-party cables?
- Will DJI sell spare original G2 cable?

Thanks!
2022-11-7
Use props
fredbotton75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832001 ft
  • >>>
France

Update on previous post:  Powerbank with QC USB-C 25W output seems to work properly with USB-C to G2 DC cable. Done 6 flights, no loss of power/video.
2022-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules