Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
molemedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8574140 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mini 3 Pro- Skypixel Product tryout report

I was fortunate enough to be selected as part of the Skypixel product tryout program, The program meant that Skypixel loaned me a DJI Mini 3 Pro and the new RC for a couple of weeks to try out all the new and exciting features to their full extent.

This tiny drone is the perfect part of an adventurer or travellers photography kit as it fits snuggly into my camera bag without taking up much room. Also since the drone is under 250g, here in Australia it is not needed to be registered for recreational usage where as the heavier drones must be.

With the ability to shoot at 4K60 and in a D-Cinelike colour profile, I have been able to use the Mini 3 pro across many of my commercial drone shoots, the quality of the video that comes out of this tiny package is unparalleled, and widely accepted across many sides of the industry that need the flexibility of the flat colour profile to be able to colour grade the footage to match whatever other cameras may be used across the production.

While not to forget about photos, the wide f/1.7 aperture, large 1.⅓-inch sensor, and 48mp mode has allowed me to offer much larger prints than ever before as the image retains so much more juicy details, even in low light scenarios.

My favourite and most used feature of the Mini 3 pro would have to be the True vertical shooting, a feature that hasnt been seen since the original Mavic Pro that was released in late 2016.
One of the biggest downfalls of posting your crisp 4K footage to social media was always having to crop the footage down to a third of its original resolution, but now since the camera can turn 90 degrees at the push of a button to switch between landscape mode and vertical mode, its super easy to shoot then post all my all my photos and video at a full resolution.

Coupled with the new DJI RC, there is no need for me to be fumbling with my phone when im trying to rush to capture a beautiful sunrise or a special occasion, by the time the remote booted up and ready, the drone has already acquired the sufficient satellites and is ready for take off.
Even on the brightest day, the screen of the RC is bright enough to see in direct sunlight, making those midday flights a breeze to see able to frame a shot without having to second guess yourself as you would when using a mobile phone screen.

The new DJI Mini 3 Pro has earned its place in my camera bag knowing that it can handle near any scenario I can put it in without letting me down, from a suburban real estate shoot or production that needs a smaller drone, to a complex photogrammetry mission, or just a simple sunrise flight for fun.
It truly is a remarkable piece of technology.

Thank you DJI and Skypixel for giving me the opportunity to try out the newest drone of the block.

2022-9-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice advert.
2022-9-14
Use props
molemedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8574140 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks
2022-9-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there molemedia. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us and for giving out your positive feedback on DJI. Again, thank you for your valued support and have a nice day. .
2022-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2022-9-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI