Mavic 3 in repair what do they change?
2055 9 2022-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

I got my Mavic 3 in reparation because of blurry images. Today i got mail that they would change the Camera lens module (hasselblad). Price 450€ but it is free because of fabric fault.
Could someone explain what kind of element they would replace? Is it only the lens or the whole gimbal?
2022-9-15
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They will almost certainly send you a new drone. Potentially a refurbished model, but it’s very unlikely you’ll receive the same drone back.

From my experience, you pay (or be advised of what it would cost) for whatever it is that’s broken and they just send you a new drone. Your old drone will most likely be refurbished and await the next person to send in a damaged drone.
2022-9-15
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

CloudVisual Posted at 9-15 07:31
They will almost certainly send you a new drone. Potentially a refurbished model, but it’s very unlikely you’ll receive the same drone back.

From my experience, you pay (or be advised of what it would cost) for whatever it is that’s broken and they just send you a new drone. Your old drone will most likely be refurbished and await the next person to send in a damaged drone.

Heya, Thank you.
The mail told me it would take 2-3 working days to replace the lens. And the online reparation is also on status 'in repair'. Im very curious what they will do
Screenshot_20220915-175432_Chrome.jpg
2022-9-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dji do not repair drones at their center’s around the world they will evaluate the damage then completely replace with new or as new drone. You will see this when it arrives back and you have to re-activate your drone.
All damaged drones are then shipped back to dji china manufacturers to be refurbished and this is how their wheel turns.
2022-9-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed with the above.  You send it in, they send you back a different drone.  It will be like the start of a new relationship.  : )
2022-9-15
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

Thnx guys
If they will replace mostly, why is my case still 'under reparation'? Or Is this normal.
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the drone may be replaced directly instead of repair, please rest assured, the performance will be checked before it is shipped back to you. If you have any further questions with your case, please feel free to ask and let me know your case number, I am here to help.
2022-9-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

blocker87 Posted at 9-15 10:58
Thnx guys
If they will replace mostly, why is my case still 'under reparation'? Or Is this normal.

This is a normal process for DJI.  
2022-9-16
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

After 2 weeks and 5 days in reparation, i am still waiting for reparation or exchange. DJI reparation status told me that they are waiting for parts.  So i really think they will change parts and not whole drone. Someone else also has some days the status "in repair"? What did they do with your case?
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

blocker87 Posted at 9-19 10:12
After 2 weeks and 5 days in reparation, i am still waiting for reparation or exchange. DJI reparation status told me that they are waiting for parts.  So i really think they will change parts and not whole drone. Someone else also has some days the status "in repair"? What did they do with your case?

Hi Mike, we are sorry for the belated reply and the waiting, may I know if the issue is solved? Please tell me your case number, I will look into the details and try to help.
2022-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules