Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daishi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106325 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi,

I´ve got the FPV drone and just received the Avata (drone only).
I am planning to use the goggles V2 for both drones.

Right now it seems like I need to rebind the goggles and controller every time I switch drones and
it only works using the DJI fly app and not with the bind buttons.
Is this normal?

The DJI fly app also tells me that my goggles firmware is inconsistant and I need to update it every time I switch between the drones?!

Does this happen to you guys, too?

BR
Mathias

2022-9-15
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Every time you switch systems you need to re-bind with the aircraft. It should also do this using the buttons.

Make sure you have updated the firmware on both systems, connected to the fly App to make sure you have the latest versions, the goggles contains 3 firmware versions, confirm with the forums that the goggles etc report the correct version for the system you are using (Avata, FPV & FPV System)

With your Avata, while you are connected to the fly app and the internet, go into “profile” then “device management”  and select Bind (don’t remember the exact wording) make sure all your devices are powered up and linked before doing this. This step ensures the controller, aircraft & goggles are all bound to your DJI account. Only then do you have flyaway cover! Once you have done this the message in the bottom right of the goggles should disappear.

It’s rather confusing because you bind the aircraft to the goggles but you also bind the system to your account, it would have been better if they had different names for each process.

2022-9-15
Use props
djiuser_bFT8cCxOErS3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1432585 ft
United States

How do you bind it the same as the fpv model goggles to drone ?drone to remote?
2022-9-15
Use props
daishi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks for the tips,

I updated both aircrafts to the latest firmwares and the goggles and remote, too.
Now I can bind them using the fly app on my phone, but every time I bind the other drone the app still tells me that the firmware of the goggles is inconsistent and needs to be updated.
I do so and it works. Weh I want to bind to the other drone I still need to use the app and the goggles firmware is inconsistent again. The V2 goggles are on 01.03.0000.

And I still cannot bind using the buttons on the drone and goggles. It works for the controller though...
2022-9-16
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

daishi Posted at 9-16 07:13
Thanks for the tips,

I updated both aircrafts to the latest firmwares and the goggles and remote, too.

Ok, let’s try something else, in the v2 goggles, switch it to the FPV system, not the DJI FPV. Restart the goggles and then connect them to assistant 2, update or refresh the FPV System firmware. After that switch them back to Avata and see what that does.

When does it tell you it’s inconsistent? With Avata or FPV or both?

2022-9-16
Use props
madcat0
New

United States

I have the exact same problem, I have a DJI Goggle V2 which I already paired with the DJI FPV Drone, now I bought the Avata, every time I want to switch the drone that the Goggle is paired with I have to connect the Goggle to my phone and do the pairing in the DJI Fly app.

I really want to be able switch the pairing by just press the pairing button on the goggle and get done in a few seconds, which is how every other drone is paired, rather than spending several minutes on the DJI Fly app.

Note the problem is not that we are unable to switch, we can with the app.
But as customers that have thrown in thousands of dollars and purchased both DJI FPV drone and DJI Avata out of love of DJI products, we deserve a more convenient way using the drones we paid for!
2022-9-16
Use props
daishi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Hey,
I found the solution .
There is a new option in the goggles:
Under Options->About->Switch aircraft model it is now possible to switch between the FPV and the Avata.
When I switch to the right model I can now bind with the buttons without using the fly app !

BR
Mathias
2022-9-17
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Ah, not a new option it was there all the time
2022-9-17
Use props
daishi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

There were only two options: for the drone and the fpv system. Now there is a third one for the avata.
2022-9-17
Use props
Haz albuquerque NM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497421 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info.
2022-9-17
Use props
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Flight distance : 1638366 ft
Germany

Is there a way without using the bind buttons every time?
2022-9-20
Use props
madcat0
New

South Korea

daishi Posted at 9-17 02:12
Hey,
I found the solution .

That's a life saver, thank you for sharing.
DJI should have included that to their manuals.
2022-9-21
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

daishi Posted at 9-17 02:12
Hey,
I found the solution .

But this option is only on Goggles 2...not in the V2

Switching goggles and remotes are been nothing but a PAIN, DJI can and should make an easy way to switch. Seems like they are kind forcing me to buy another controller for the AVATA...which is still on back order
2022-10-4
Use props
Cristian.c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1387448 ft
Romania

I do not understand why I have to pair/bind each time, why it is not possible to have both saved and just switch between. Why I so hard to create 'profiles'?  Just switch and you're ready to fly not going each time through pair process.
2022-10-16
Use props
djiuser_MoRFe9OE4lSL
New
Flight distance : 2349272 ft

United States

HDPS Posted at 10-4 14:41
But this option is only on Goggles 2...not in the V2

Switching goggles and remotes are been nothing but a PAIN, DJI can and should make an easy way to switch. Seems like they are kind forcing me to buy another controller for the AVATA...which is still on back order

It is on V2 as well. Same place where you could switch to FPV digital system now there is a 3rd option for Avata. Toggle that, manually reboot and bind buttons on drone and goggles get the job done, no app needed. In my experience I have to reboot the controller as well.
2022-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules