Used Mini 2 link in a 'gray' zone - how to use it indoors?
638 11 2022-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Soundsmith
lvl.1

United States

I bought this used from eBay, looks like new. The drone acts like it is working fine - lights blink appropriately, a couple times I have had the Fly app oen and pulling the joysticks down started the motors, so I believe everything is working. It just refuses to connect, either by the no-app connection (which ACTS like it connects, then loses it) or via the app which always says failed, Retry.)
I am in a 'gray' zone near an airport. I get that I cannot FLY, but is there a way to make it CONNECT, so I can update and work inside till I can get to a legal zone? THanks.

2022-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there The Soundsmith. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out . May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-9-16
Use props
The Soundsmith
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-16 19:53
Hello there The Soundsmith. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out . May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. I have an iPhone 11Pro latest software iOS 15.4.  It appears because I live near an airport and are in a  gray zone, the aircraft does not want to operate. Although it DOES appear to sync for a moment, the app always says Failed, Retry. I will be taking it out tomorrow to a flyable zone and see if this persists. (Bought used but looks like new, this is almost certainly user error/ignorance. Not my first drone, but first DJI. I am not a Part 107 flyer, so i have several dead  beasties in my garage...) I'll update tomorrow evening.
2022-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

The Soundsmith Posted at 9-16 20:05
Thanks for the reply. I have an iPhone 11Pro latest software iOS 15.4.  It appears because I live near an airport and are in a  gray zone, the aircraft does not want to operate. Although it DOES appear to sync for a moment, the app always says Failed, Retry. I will be taking it out tomorrow to a flyable zone and see if this persists. (Bought used but looks like new, this is almost certainly user error/ignorance. Not my first drone, but first DJI. I am not a Part 107 flyer, so i have several dead  beasties in my garage...) I'll update tomorrow evening.

Hi there The Soundsmith. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2022-9-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The NFZ areas have no impact on the drone connecting etc,   the only thing it would do is give you an unable to take off message when you tried to start the props.
2022-9-17
Use props
The Soundsmith
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-17 01:19
The NFZ areas have no impact on the drone connecting etc,   the only thing it would do is give you an unable to take off message when you tried to start the props.

What I get is an "RC not connected" message even directly after performing the linkage dance. I should mention I am inside most of the times I've been testing.
2022-9-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Soundsmith Posted at 9-17 14:09
What I get is an "RC not connected" message even directly after performing the linkage dance. I should mention I am inside most of the times I've been testing.

That sounds more like a cable problem between your phone and the remote.   Being inside is not a problem,  Ive flown all my drones inside at some time or another.  
2022-9-17
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

The normal startup procedure is
Double press and hold on the bottom of the drone, until blades buzz and tones, then gimbal movement...multi coloured lights during boot... yellow flashing light on back.
Double press and hold on the controller until upward beeps.
Phone does various things
Displays visuals with no contact with drone.
Displays visuals with view in your room and battery percentage
Drone flashed red, for no GPS.

Then you override the GPS warning, and hit your cabinet.
2022-9-17
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Zoooom Posted at 9-17 23:59
Double press and hold on the bottom of the drone, until blades buzz and tones, then gimbal movement...multi coloured lights during boot... yellow flashing light on back.
Double press and hold on the controller until upward beeps.

'override GPS warning and hit your cabinet'

Can you explain? I don't understand!
2022-9-18
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 9-18 01:37
'override GPS warning and hit your cabinet'

Can you explain? I don't understand!

Cabinet.  Flying indoors.
2022-9-18
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 9-18 01:40
Cabinet.  Flying indoors.

LOL! I missed that.
2022-9-18
Use props
The Soundsmith
lvl.1

United States

Zoooom Posted at 9-17 23:59
Double press and hold on the bottom of the drone, until blades buzz and tones, then gimbal movement...multi coloured lights during boot... yellow flashing light on back.
Double press and hold on the controller until upward beeps.

I only get the second screen. I will replace the phone cable and try that way. BTW, this is my recording studio, all the walls have FOAM... (But the cabinets are still vulnerable...

YES! Different cable, immediate connection! Thank you all for your help, I'm SURE I'll have more, but this one is working!

2022-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules