Drone flying crooked - not windy
1305 4 2022-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Newton5
lvl.1

Australia

Hi

For the last couple of hundred flights the FPV drone has always flown with a tilted horizon. Either windy or dead calm, makes no difference. Naturally it will tilt with wind, but this is always, windy or not. Happens in N and S mode, in M of course I can fly it level no issues.  Have run IMU CALIB a couple of times, no difference. I have replaced the camera more recently due to a lens scratch.....still tilted.

Any ideas?  I don't want to return it to DJI, I'm sure it's well beyond warranty after numerous crashes and fixes.  

Cheers
Mark
2022-9-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

ive recently discovered that im leaning on teh sticks a little bit.
2022-9-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mark. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue after you have replaced the camera of your DJI Drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-9-18
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you set it on a flat table, is the camera view crooked?
2022-9-18
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-18 15:48
ive recently discovered that im leaning on teh sticks a little bit.

I discovered exactly the same thing just a couple of weeks ago.

I was quite unconsciously holding the right stick to one side or the other, and thus tilting the horizon.

When I noticed I was doing that, and stop doing that, the tilting stopped!

I did do a test once in some pretty strong (15 - 20 mph) winds. Usually the strong winds around here flow pretty straight down the canyon. I tried an experiment where I put the FPV high enough that the winds would be substantial, and noted how the drone tiled as I rotated it around 360º.

Sure enough, it tiled into the wind in every case.

TCS
2022-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules