DJI virtual flight with controllers from camera drones
10486 17 2022-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Picomop
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27884 ft
Singapore

Are the controllers for the camera drones (e.g. rc n1, rc pro) compatible with the DJI virtual flight app? Recently I picked up the Avata which sadly did not have a combo with the fpv controller so I have been using my xbox controller on my pc for the time being until my order for the fpv controller arrives and it feels unnatural so I think it would be pretty neat if we were able to connect the camera drones controllers to a device with the virtual flight app. I saw another thread with a similar topic regarding the Dji flight simulator and I think it would be cool if someday Dji could add some compatibility to the camera drone controllers with the FPV app.
Link to the thread; https://forum.dji.com/thread-242998-1-1.html
2022-9-19
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

They aren't compatible with the virtual flight app....
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Virtual Flight simulator is only compatible with 2 remote controllers and that would be; the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 and the DJI Motion Controller. You may download the said software and use it using your mobile device or even your PC can use it. You may download the software using the link below. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/avata/downloads
2022-9-19
Use props
Picomop
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-19 20:34
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Virtual Flight simulator is only compatible with 2 remote controllers and that would be; the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 and the DJI Motion Controller. You may download the said software and use it using your mobile device or even your PC can use it. You may download the software using the link below. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/avata/downloads

I noticed that the dji rc pro is included in the remote controller instructions page. Does this mean that I am able to connect the rc pro to the simulator? If so, how do I do it?
2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Picomop Posted at 9-20 02:49
I noticed that the dji rc pro is included in the remote controller instructions page. Does this mean that I am able to connect the rc pro to the simulator? If so, how do I do it?

Can you please take a screenshot of the instruction page that you are referring to for us to verify? The said simulator is only compatible with 2 RC; that would be the DJI FPV remote Controller 2 and the DJI Motion Controller. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-21
Use props
Picomop
lvl.1
Singapore

ignore this i cant edit it out for some reason
https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/file:///C:/Users/walte/Downloads/WhatsApp%20Image%202022-09-22%20at%2022.28.59.jpeg
2022-9-22
Use props
Picomop
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-21 03:17
Can you please take a screenshot of the instruction page that you are referring to for us to verify? The said simulator is only compatible with 2 RC; that would be the DJI FPV remote Controller 2 and the DJI Motion Controller. Thank you for your understanding and support.

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-22 at 22.28.59.jpeg
2022-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Picomop Posted at 9-22 06:36
https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/202209/22/063409u7ymqzwk5dumun5y.jpeg[/img]

Thank you for your response. The DJI RC Pro does not support the DJI Virtual Flight app at the moment. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-24
Use props
Picomop
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-24 03:11
Thank you for your response. The DJI RC Pro does not support the DJI Virtual Flight app at the moment. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Then is there a reason why the RC pro is in the list of remote controller instructions?
2022-10-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Picomop Posted at 10-6 21:23
Then is there a reason why the RC pro is in the list of remote controller instructions?

We will forward this to our designated team for further clarification, Picomop. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-8
Use props
djiuser_Wf01M8yWFaTZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1276473 ft
Slovenia

How do I enable motion controller in dji virtual flight? It just shows FPV remote controller, no option to switch it. I've powered it up and connected it before and after launching program on the computer. It recognizes the remote, but thinks it is fpv controller.
2023-2-24
Use props
djiuser_LFqy6cSZpjF2
New
United States

djiuser_Wf01M8yWFaTZ Posted at 2-24 23:53
How do I enable motion controller in dji virtual flight? It just shows FPV remote controller, no option to switch it. I've powered it up and connected it before and after launching program on the computer. It recognizes the remote, but thinks it is fpv controller.
I have the , same question, the motion controller is not an option in virtual flight.
2023-3-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Wf01M8yWFaTZ Posted at 2-24 23:53
How do I enable motion controller in dji virtual flight? It just shows FPV remote controller, no option to switch it. I've powered it up and connected it before and after launching program on the computer. It recognizes the remote, but thinks it is fpv controller.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. To use the DJI Motion Controller, please choose it when selecting the Control Method.

If you can share a short video showing how the remote controller is not recognized as a Motion Controller, we would much appreciate it. Thank you.
2023-3-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_LFqy6cSZpjF2 Posted at 3-17 18:23
I have the , same question, the motion controller is not an option in virtual flight.

Hi, DJI Pilot. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. Please refer to the instructions we posted in post #13. We'll be waiting for your update. Thank you!
2023-3-17
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

I had the same issue, So I made this simple (but efficient) trick. Easy to DIY and cheap if you already have an RC controller.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=281722
2023-3-18
Use props
djiuser_TgOH2iIboTHg
New

Spain

Hey guys, there is any possibility to use the motion controller 2 on the virtual flight? I've just bought my first drone and I'm afraid to fly without any virtual training... there is any expectation of new updates? thanks!!
2023-4-13
Use props
kovbenc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128560 ft
Hungary

DJI please, please, please make the Motion Controller 2 compatible with the Virtual Flight app!!!!! A simple app update would do the trick..... We don't even need functions like flying reverse or using the joystick, if it would work like the MC 1 then we'd be already happy!!!! We spent a lot of money on the drone & MC2 controller, and we feel like we're not appreciated by DJI. :-( So please add MC2 compatibility soon!! :-)
2023-6-11
Use props
Higher Perspectives
lvl.2
United States

Picomop Posted at 2022-10-6 21:23

This is a bit late, but you can sideload the android app onto the RC Pro
1-19 05:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules