After Linking RC to P4P, Didn't have option to Activate drone or.
946 4 2022-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans345b22a5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172569 ft
United States

I recently purchased a used P4P (done only; not controller).  I used my spare P4P RC controller to sucessfully link to the drone.  However, I was never given the option to Activiate the drone or provide a Device name.  Within the DJI GO 4 app, I manually entered a device name in the available input field, and then conducted the initial flight test.  Drone flew fine, but the device name did not appear DJI GO 4 App in the Flight Records, and hence, there was no flight record for the initial flight.   Obviously, I think I need to somehow "Activate" this drone.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Kevin
2022-9-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Used drones dont require activation,  thats only needed once when new.
2022-9-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Used drones dont require activation,  thats only needed once when new.
2022-9-20
Use props
fans345b22a5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172569 ft
United States

Many thanks for the quick response and clarification regarding "activation".   Also, the issue I was experiencing with the flight record not being saved in the DJI GO 4 app was "fixed" by simply re-naming the device to an existing name that was already included in the Flight Records.  Subsequently, the flight record was indeed saved.

Many thanks,
Kevin
2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. If you purchase a 2nd hand DJI aircraft, the Activation process will no longer be available as the aircraft can only be activated once or if the unit is brandnew. We are also glad that you managed to isolate the issue with regards to your flight records. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules