Fatal bug in manual mode?
4206 28 2022-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Flight distance : 1638366 ft
Germany

It seems there is a fatal bug in manual mode.
Fly carefully before it is fixed.

2022-9-20
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

I have already seen many videos that bring up this problem. I hope it will be fixed soon. I don't see why it is trying to straighten up while in manual mode
2022-9-20
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

interesting...
2022-9-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

From the video it sure looks like he experienced yaw washout.  
2022-9-21
Use props
PROPELLA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189265 ft
Germany

After contacting the DJI Support and send them my Video (https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/comments/x7iof0/wtf_did_happend_mid_air_with_my_avata/) with the Blackbox-Data they say: theres no Bug.
IMU-calibration helps sometimes, but not every time.

As long as DJI does not recognize the bug itself, nothing will be fixed.
2022-9-21
Use props
fansebae
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7672598 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Welcome to the world of small cinewhoops. Physics at play. Yaw washout can and will happen. The only way to avoid motor mixer going bonkers, is to change how you fly.

hint for DJI (if they're listening): Give priority to yaw in the mixer and revise FF to lessen the problem.
2022-9-21
Use props
New2Mini2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3895528 ft
Canada

There is a growing list of fatal crashes in manual mode. I think I'll stick to the MC until DJI does a FEW more updates. Great drone, but my confidence in it is dwindling. Maybe they didn't package the RC2 with the drone because they knew it was a problem?
2022-9-21
Use props
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Germany

The bug still seems to persist. Be careful.

2022-9-22
Use props
Elendel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458904 ft
Philippines

Gregor Queck Posted at 9-22 15:00
The bug still seems to persist. Be careful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yERiaEnK2ps

That is crazy! DJI you should address this misbehaving issues. This is supposedly a more safe drone because it has prop guard but this sudden misbehaving issues something is really wrong. You should listen to your consumers who have encountered this because most of them are already experienced pilot. Please fix this as soon as possible.
2022-9-22
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

does the motors cut out ?
2022-9-23
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I WAS going to try and learn manual mode and got a FPV Controller 2 a week back from DJI store.  I am trying to return it now; the manual bug is just too risky.
2022-9-23
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.reddit.com/r/Multico ... ling_out_of_a_dive/
2022-9-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Bob Brown Posted at 9-23 12:52
I WAS going to try and learn manual mode and got a FPV Controller 2 a week back from DJI store.  I am trying to return it now; the manual bug is just too risky.

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please tell us more details about your issue?
2022-9-23
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 9-23 23:15
Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please tell us more details about your issue?
Here are some examples: I search for "DJI Avata Crash Manual Mode"

2022-9-24
Use props
Elendel
lvl.4
Philippines

Bob Brown Posted at 9-24 03:29
Lots of videos out there about pilots using this controller and then flipping to/using manual mode to have the drone act irradically and nose dive into the ground and flip crashes.   Seems to be a bug perhaps in the ESC power programming? Hard to explain but seems like the controls are over sensitive perhaps or taking "phantom" input.

Here are some examples: I search for "DJI Avata Crash Manual Mode"

It is always on the left yawing that the DJI AVATA acts weird and causes to crash when in Manual Mode, why can't DJI realize that? It isnt hard to notice.
2022-9-24
Use props
AirKhanFPV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 322887 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I also had exactly the same issue like in this video, but luckily i was able to recover my avata before it kissed the ground, i immediately reported it to dji with the video file, it was before the second avata update release, but it seems the issue is still there.
2022-9-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope they fix it.
2022-9-26
Use props
Codegit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141719 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

i am going to keep my Avata grounded until DJI fix this bug. I only use the motion controller in NORMAL or SPORT and not 100% sure if this bug will cause me any issues. In South Africa we do not have any care plan option, losing this drone due to a bug in the software is just not an option that I can afford. This is not a cheap drone.
2022-9-26
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Codegit Posted at 9-26 03:09
i am going to keep my Avata grounded until DJI fix this bug. I only use the motion controller in NORMAL or SPORT and not 100% sure if this bug will cause me any issues. In South Africa we do not have any care plan option, losing this drone due to a bug in the software is just not an option that I can afford. This is not a cheap drone.

I have to agree with you 100%. I told my wife that when I got it back I am going to be scared to fly it now... will probably just sell it at a loss and carry on. My Avata suffered a catastrophic failure of a prop and crashed 4 foot to the concrete foundation of a park pavillion. They fixed for free, but is now a huge liability and scares me to fly anywhere near people at this point. I can't have props splitting in two and drones falling out of the sky. I am super glad that nobody got hurt, but will now be something always on my mind that during that tight turn or dive it could fail and fall doing damage or injuring to someone.

Here is my forum post and videos of the failure.
Avata Propellar Failure - Cheap or Fluke? [WARNING]
2022-9-26
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-21 03:07
From the video it sure looks like he experienced yaw washout.

No he did not!
2022-9-27
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

And a great next bug

https://youtu.be/AlwZYTHKYg0
2022-9-27
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1655138 ft
Hong Kong

Since i fly it in M mode as well, I have grounded my Avata after those many abnormal flip due to the quick left turn in M mode.
Definitely not pilot issue to flip like this, not even the wind after analysing those vid.

Not gonna recommend Avata to my friends before the bug is fixed
2022-9-29
Use props
Elendel
lvl.4
Philippines

arkchan Posted at 9-29 00:39
Since i fly it in M mode as well, I have grounded my Avata after those many abnormal flip due to the quick left turn in M mode.
Definitely not pilot issue to flip like this, not even the wind after analysing those vid.

Yeah same here, We are telling our friends to not yet buy one because of the ongoing issue on the manual mode not until DJI will resolve it.
2022-9-29
Use props
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Germany

If this happenes to you:

2022-9-29
Use props
fans93492ae5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 486503 ft
Brazil

So, DJI, when are you going to fix this bug?
2022-10-1
Use props
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Germany

Still a problem:

2022-10-2
Use props
Gessém
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26299 ft
Brazil

Hi guys, i bought my dji avata, waiting until it comes. I have seen this bug with different avata owners, and its scares me, why DJI dont said nothing about it?? In this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCljWJbJMl0), a guy fly with avata in manual mode, doing a lot of rolls and loops without any problem (at a certain point, even looks like he turn off the motors and turn on again). What do you think about this, this can be a bug in firmware or some bug in avata design?
2022-10-4
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gonna put this here... any thoughts? Prop Waggle but no prop wash it seems >> no tumble.

Maybe some after market prop guards will fix this?
2022-10-6
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

Here are my thoughts on this whole Avata issue. Some may agree and others may not.

2022-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules