M3Pro loosing time and log times not using GPS!
888 6 2022-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mart_drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,

Used my M3Pro today in the day and on checking the footage all the timestamps are for yesterday evening. As if the time in the DJI RC stopped moving forwards.

I downloaded the logs and they too show the wrong date/time.

My RC is not connected to the internet, but I think the RC should still not loose 12 hours!

Firstly, why would it loose time?

Secondly, why would the RC/Drone not use the GPS date/time as this would always be very accurate.

Thanks
Mart
2022-9-21
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed the time issue a few weeks ago too, hadn't flown in a week or so, turned on without wifi and later that evening noticed my flightlogs had the wrong date/time. :facepalm:
now I make sure I connect the controller to Wifi/hotspot if it's been turned off...
2022-9-21
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Did you wait to start until "home point recordet" (... or somewhat like this)?
2022-9-21
Use props
mart_drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Possibly not!
2022-9-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The GPS time is indeed very accurate, and for many applications it is the best source of a time signal, however it also needs to know what time zone it is in, as the time is only given in UTC. and that can be a nightmare for software coders to determine, as the zone borders around the world are all over the place.
2022-9-21
Use props
mart_drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

@geebax, excellent point.
2022-9-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Kindly please double-check the time zone on your DJI RC to see if it is set properly. In addition, if the issue persists, kindly please sync all your flight records first to avoid being lost or deleted then reset DJI RC on the "Reset Options" page. Lastly, please make sure to enable automatic date & time in the DJI RC Settings (Not the DJI Fly app settings) then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted so we can help you further. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules