DJI Assistant 2 MSVCR100.DLL errors with Avata drone
3410 13 2022-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JiminMorris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 230 ft
United States

DJI Assistant 2 (consumer...) had two issues on Windows 11 when connected to the Avata Drone:

1. It would hang up with a continuous MSVCR100.DLL not found error until the DLL was reinstalled from a suitable Microsoft installer.

2. It would not perform calibration of the sensors, walking through the steps of instructions, then going into an infinite wait loop.

Any suggestions?
2022-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JiminMorris. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 ( https://www.dji.com/avata/downloads ) on your PC for us to see if still the issue will persist. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different PC for us to be able to isolate the issue. Thank you.

2022-9-21
Use props
Jakob Winter
New

Germany

I have the same problem. On my main computer I get the same "MSVCR100.DLL not found error ". Also, no drives are being shown (neither for Avata's internal storage nor for the SD-Card).

When I look closer, using Windows' disk management tool, there are two undefined volumes with the correct size.

I tried on a different machine. I installed the Assistant 2 software and actually got a connection (showing that the Avata has the current firmware). On this computer, two external data storage volumes were recognized. However, the computer suggests to format them, because it cannot recognize the file system...

Any help would be appreciated (its just very little fun without being able to save videos)

[UPDATE]
I could solve the file storage issue by formatting the SD-Cards and internal storage to exFat on my PC (instead of formatting them via the settings menu of the Goggles). Now they are being recognized.

The "MSVCR100.DLL not found error " still remains on my main computer though
[/UPDATE]

2022-9-22
Use props
JiminMorris
lvl.2
United States

Problem 1 did not happen again after installation, but was not expected given that the Visual C++ Runtime had been installed from Microsoft.
2022-9-22
Use props
JiminMorris
lvl.2
United States

Problem 2 remains after reinstallation.  The tutorial ends, but the Calibrate Now button is still grayed out and an infinite wait begins.
2022-9-22
Use props
JiminMorris
lvl.2
United States

Problem 1 happened again after a fresh install on another computer.  Installing only the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable for the x86 architecture resolved problem 1.  This particular redistributable doesn't generally exist on Windows 11. Problem 2 persists.
2022-9-22
Use props
djiuser_xHd2FFdiypzK
New

United States

JiminMorris Posted at 9-22 09:29
Problem 1 happened again after a fresh install on another computer.  Installing only the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable for the x86 architecture resolved problem 1.  This particular redistributable doesn't generally exist on Windows 11. Problem 2 persists.

Mr. Morris. Thank you for the Windows 11 tip. I resolved to installing DJI Assistant 2 to my Windows 10 machine and it runs without a hitch. I will try your solution for Win 11 as soon as I post this.

As for Problem 2, the calibration being greyed out happens when the Drone is not powered on. I just calibrated my Avata after facing the same issues. I charged my battery, connected the drone via the USB cable and started the calibration sequence. I was able to complete it only when the drone had the battery installed and was powered on.
2022-9-26
Use props
JiminMorris
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_xHd2FFdiypzK Posted at 9-26 14:11
Mr. Morris. Thank you for the Windows 11 tip. I resolved to installing DJI Assistant 2 to my Windows 10 machine and it runs without a hitch. I will try your solution for Win 11 as soon as I post this.

As for Problem 2, the calibration being greyed out happens when the Drone is not powered on. I just calibrated my Avata after facing the same issues. I charged my battery, connected the drone via the USB cable and started the calibration sequence. I was able to complete it only when the drone had the battery installed and was powered on.

Will (hesitantly) try this tomorrow.  Don't like the idea of powering up the Avata with a USB casble running into the blades....
2022-9-26
Use props
JiminMorris
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_xHd2FFdiypzK Posted at 9-26 14:11

As for Problem 2, the calibration being greyed out happens when the Drone is not powered on. I just calibrated my Avata after facing the same issues. I charged my battery, connected the drone via the USB cable and started the calibration sequence. I was able to complete it only when the drone had the battery installed and was powered on.

Did not work for me.  The calibration still goes into an infinite loop on a PC.
2022-9-27
Use props
djiuser_rI8FxfsNI2be
New

Slovakia

please dji to solve this problem.  unable to start calibration.  neither Windows 7 nor 11. I tried absolutely every connection option.  please move.
2023-2-5
Use props
iemmadavis24
lvl.1

India

msvcr100.dll issue

Hello JiminMorris,
Have you ever tried to download and install latest version or any older version of the msvcr100.dll from the internet, there are some other options to fix dll problems at https://pcpatchedup.com/msvcr100-dll as well,
If this doesn't work, you can DM me or post here, I will surely try my best to help you.
Emma
2023-4-3
Use props
iemmadavis24
lvl.1

India

Hope that helps
2023-4-3
Use props
iemmadavis24
lvl.1

India

did thet link worked?
2023-4-12
Use props
The Jack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32326 ft
United States

I was having the same problem with win 10 and 11. I got it work with win 10 using the zip file. Just make sure you  have a camera and don't have your camera covered.  it needs it to calibrate.
dji assistant 2.png
2023-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules