Ronin RS3 and Canon R5 issue
3602 9 2022-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Straker_X
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi

I have a Canon R5 and a Ronin RS3 (fantastic Gimbal btw) but I have a small issue with Bluetooth connection. The Camera connects to the Gimbal no problem and they both say connected. As far as I'm aware; when in movie mode on the R5, the record button on the Gimbal should start the camera recording when connected to bluetooth. Is this correct? All firmwares are up to date. But the record button does not start the R5 recording. Anyone come across this or any idea how to sort it. Knowing me it's really simple

Kind Regards

2022-9-22
Use props
Stabilus
lvl.1

Switzerland

Make sure camera menu 6 "Remote Control" is set to "Enable". I have however also noticed difficulties getting a confident and reliable start and stop action from the gimbal record button.
2022-9-30
Use props
Straker_X
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Stabilus Posted at 9-30 08:31
Make sure camera menu 6 "Remote Control" is set to "Enable". I have however also noticed difficulties getting a confident and reliable start and stop action from the gimbal record button.

Ah thank you. I knew it would be simple lol. And yeah I have noticed that Start and Stop recording is hit and miss too. I thought it was an issue with my Gimbal but I guess it's not. Hopefully DJI can look into this as it kinda makes the connection almost useless doesn't it?
2022-9-30
Use props
onymar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 564400 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That works in video mode but not in photo mode for Timelapse’s
2023-4-20
Use props
djiuser_KvZPuQvH7Od7
New
Flight distance : 302694 ft
United States

I am having the same problem, everyone is saying go to camera setting page 6 but I do not have the remote enable button on my Canon r5. Does anyone know why my camera doesn't have the same pages as everyone else??
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Straker_X. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this to our relevant team for further checking. We will keep you posted. Thank you.
2023-6-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Straker_X. Thank you for patiently waiting. Please try the steps below:
1. Confirm that the R5 camera is in video mode and that the remote control function is turned on.
2. Use Ronin APP to enter the virtual joystick function, whether it can normally trigger the video system function (the camera needs to switch to video gear), if it can trigger the video function, it is possible that the RS3 button is abnormal, guide the RS3 to send back to the repair center for testing.
3. Reset the camera network function.
4. Reset the Bluetooth password of DJI RS 3.
5. If it still does not work, please provide us a video of the operation and provide us as well the product firmware version for further checking.
Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_KvZPuQvH7Od7 Posted at 6-11 14:36
I am having the same problem, everyone is saying go to camera setting page 6 but I do not have the remote enable button on my Canon r5. Does anyone know why my camera doesn't have the same pages as everyone else??

Hi, djiuser_KvZPuQvH7Od7. We're sorry to read about this. Please check our reply above. Thank you.
2023-6-16
Use props
Taylor Vasu
New

United States

Hello,
I am having the same issue. I do NOT have the option to enable remote control. It is not showing on the 6th tab. So my RS3 stabilizer is not connecting to my canon R5 and therefore I cannot video. Can someone please help? Do I need to update my camera?
2023-10-25
Use props
fansee3f2471
New

Canada

The remote enable button on the R5 is in the first menu (camera icon) and 6th page.  You need to have the R5 already in video mode
2-12 11:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules