Cannot calibrate IMU in Goggles 2
3731 11 2022-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeffKay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237215 ft
United States

I received a IMU error in the goggles and attempted to calibrate. Tried several times - will not finish, errors out. I have the latest firmware for everything. I refreshed the firmware with DJI assistant. Reset to factory settings, still cannot calibrate the goggles IMU.  Any tips? Do I need to be in a specific location for this to complete? (aka an empty field) I have the Goggles 2, Avata and controller 2
2022-9-22
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72864 ft
United States

Did you follow the prompts to place it on the level surface in the same orientation as what video is showing?  Took me a few times to figure it out but finally muddled my way through it.
2022-9-22
Use props
fans9f363fde
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Try putting the goggles on your head before turning on and connecting to the Avata, I'd the same issue and this worked for me, there was no need for me to calibrate it after that.
2022-9-23
Use props
JeffKay
lvl.1
United States

deeve Posted at 9-22 20:17
Did you follow the prompts to place it on the level surface in the same orientation as what video is showing?  Took me a few times to figure it out but finally muddled my way through it.

What video are you referring to? Thanks!
2022-9-23
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
United States

Sorry..the video display in the goggles. It shows different orientations you need to place the goggles in to get he IMU to calibrate. Once you hear the beep, look in the viewfinder to see the next position.
2022-9-24
Use props
JeffKay
lvl.1
United States

deeve Posted at 9-24 16:24
Sorry..the video display in the goggles. It shows different orientations you need to place the goggles in to get he IMU to calibrate. Once you hear the beep, look in the viewfinder to see the next position.

Interesting, it says to put the goggles on a level surface, so I hit the button and put it on the table.  Did not even look further. I'll check again, thanks.
2022-9-27
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
United States

JeffKay Posted at 9-27 08:13
Interesting, it says to put the goggles on a level surface, so I hit the button and put it on the table.  Did not even look further. I'll check again, thanks.

I did the same thing. Glad to have helped
2022-9-27
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

Ignore the instructions to place on a level surface, doesn’t make sense.

I just wear them, when prompted look upwards as far you neck will allow,
The look down at your feet, then left and then right. That simple
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please refer to the suggestion of our fellow DJI Pilots about the proper placing of the Goggles 2 when calibrating the IMU. If the issue still persists, connect all the components (DJI Avata - Goggles 2 - RC (FPV RC 2 or MC) to the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-9-27
Use props
gokury
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1332 ft
Brazil

I just bought the avata/motion controller/ goggles 2, I flew for about 5 min, and I can't calibrate the googles 2, I already tried it from 2 different places about 2km from each other, I already renewed the firmware version with the dji assistant 2, but the problem persists, it fails in step 2 "look 90 degrees left, 90 degrees right" could you give me any recommendations, maybe try the downgrade? Does Geo-zones have something to do with goggles 2 compass calibration fail, because my entire city is a geo-zone...
2022-12-23
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday after changing from Air Unit O3 back to Avata I was asked for the first time to calibrate the Goggles for whatever reason.  You do need to follow the position showing in the goggles exactly as it is.

It is a pain because you do need look into the goggle to see the next position, you also need to hold the goggles in the asked position horizontally, due to the design you must hold with your hands on flat surface. Each step you will hear a beep, look into the goggle to see the next position...copy exactly the position showing in the image. I had it done with no problems at first time.
2022-12-23
Use props
gokury
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1332 ft
Brazil

unfortunately I can't get past step 2, I've tried everything.. I've already spent two battery charges on the goggles just trying to get past step 2 of calibration, I hope it's just a temporary bug to be fixed in some firmware update...  If it were a manufacturing defect, it would fail directly in step 1, that's my hope, unfortunately I won't be able to try head tracking until then :d
2022-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules