List of tags
1514 6 2022-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb5035101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277995 ft
United States

Hey all, please excuse the ignorance here, but I was wondering where a list of XML tags can be found for mission programming using KML files. I know enough here to be dangerous and I am looking for any infomration or knowledge I can in order to understand what I need to regarding the topic. We all have to start somewhere, right? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks to all in advance.
2022-9-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. If you want to import KML into PILOT, we recommend that you try a map platform that supports the creation of KML files. Such as the Ovital Map and so on.
Although we only tested for compatibility with KML of Google Maps, KML is a coding specification based on XML syntax and format for describing and saving geographic information (such as points, lines, images, polygons, and models, etc.) The created KML file, as long as the KML type that meets the requirements of the APP, such as line segment or polygon, can import geographic information into the APP to generate the range, but cannot save and perform some additional actions, such as the PTZ angle or actions under other tags.
Besides, if there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know.
2022-9-24
Use props
fansb5035101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277995 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-24 02:00
Hi, there. If you want to import KML into PILOT, we recommend that you try a map platform that supports the creation of KML files. Such as the Ovital Map and so on.
Although we only tested for compatibility with KML of Google Maps, KML is a coding specification based on XML syntax and format for describing and saving geographic information (such as points, lines, images, polygons, and models, etc.) The created KML file, as long as the KML type that meets the requirements of the APP, such as line segment or polygon, can import geographic information into the APP to generate the range, but cannot save and perform some additional actions, such as the PTZ angle or actions under other tags.
Besides, if there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you for your reply Natalia. Specifically I am looking for documentation on those KML requirments and in particular all of the possible varibles that canbe utilized, such as those in the KML code sample below. As you mentioned there is a coding specification based on XML specifically for KML and I would like to get document on it so I can meet the requirements of the app as you suggested.
kml-mission.jpg
2022-9-24
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most DJI automated flight apps are finicky about KMLs- those exported from some GIS software won't open in Pilot, for example.
2022-9-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansb5035101 Posted at 9-24 06:58
Thank you for your reply Natalia. Specifically I am looking for documentation on those KML requirments and in particular all of the possible varibles that canbe utilized, such as those in the KML code sample below. As you mentioned there is a coding specification based on XML specifically for KML and I would like to get document on it so I can meet the requirements of the app as you suggested.
[view_image]

Thanks for the update as well.
We will confirm with our engineer and reply to your question asap.
Thank you.
2022-9-24
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2570446 ft
Switzerland

Maybe this will help you:
https://developer.dji.com/doc/cl ... l/template-kml.html
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Update:
We have confirmed with the relevant team.
Please refer to this link to get more information: https://developer.dji.com/doc/cl ... -wpml/overview.html
Thank you.
2022-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules