RS3 Pro and Focus Motor problem
3478 10 2022-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Life Film
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi - hope someone can help please.

The focus motor moves the lens and camera up and down when I turn the focus wheel on the gimbal.

This movement of the lens and camera is therefore recorded while shooting - quite a big problem.

Is there a fix?

2022-9-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please provide us a video recording showing the issue for us to check it here on our end? In addition, what lens are you currently using with your unit? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-9-23
Use props
illuminatedRS
lvl.2

United States

I think what he is saying is that the way you designed the long pole on the latest version of the gimbal with that one adapter for the side of the arc a plate is not enough to hold it in place and the torque of the motor is actually moving and somewhat disengaging from the gears of times it seems like to have noticed that it's not staying nice against the lens like it should it's bending too much
2022-9-24
Use props
Life Film
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-23 22:08
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please provide us a video recording showing the issue for us to check it here on our end? In addition, what lens are you currently using with your unit? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi

Please see the attached video.

Many thanks
Gary

IMG_7902.MOV.zip

595.37 KB, Down times: 11

2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Life Film Posted at 9-26 05:38
Hi

Please see the attached video.

Thank you for the video provided. What specific camera/lens are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-9-27
Use props
Life Film
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-27 03:24
Thank you for the video provided. What specific camera/lens are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Canon R5C and Canon Sumire Prime 85mm.
2022-9-27
Use props
Life Film
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi DJI Paladin

Please can you update me on the problem I am experiencing.

Many thanks
Gary
2022-10-3
Use props
Vitor G.D.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70499 ft
Brazil

Same here. Rs3 combo.
2022-10-21
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Nice one   !
2022-10-30
Use props
Achyutanand
lvl.1
India

I was having the same problem if I am not mistaken, I changes the knob that tighten the rod to the plate to something more sturdy as the knob provided with the gimbal has limited ability to lock the rod and plate properly. In my case the play was between the rod and plate. the the round knob provided with the Gimbal was not able to take tighten it enough. once I replaced it with a knob that take thumb pressure I was able to resolve the issue. A basic design flaw on a pro level equipment.
2023-4-21
Use props
samsgt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1085423 ft
  • >>>
Guatemala

After several years with the RS3 Pro, I always had that problem with the focus motor. I finally managed to solve it! The problem arises because the plate where the camera is screwed has a rubber base and this generates a lack of support in the joint. Changing the location of the motor, directly to the camera cage, has been solved with the SmallRig DCS2279 piece and the Smallrig 3681 15mm to 12mm rod adapter. There is always movement of the motor, but the camera no longer moves up and down, only the motor.

4-11 12:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules