1233 8 2022-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrippleDelta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2228182 ft
Belgium

Hi All,

Some bad news. My Mavic 2 Zoom was stolen from my car last week.
Will the new owner be able to use the drone? Any change to block the drone?

Thanks
2022-9-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unfortunately yes they will be able to use it with no restrictions and, sadly, there is nothing you can do to block it. Obviously they will need a controller and at some point, to open its full capabilities, the Go4 app but again there isn't a problem in doing that..
2022-9-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear your news.  I also had my M2P stolen a while back so I know the feeling.  
2022-9-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

As a fellow M2Z owner, I empathize with you.  Maybe it will turn up on an auction / craigs list type scenario??
2022-9-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we are sorry to hear about this unfortunate experience. Sorry to inform you we are unable to block your aircraft. Blocking the aircraft will require the synced flight data via DJI APP by the pilot and also the DJI account that the pilot flies your drone with. We strongly recommend that you report this theft incident to the local authorities, authorizing the police to run investigations on this case. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-9-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's a website you can report stolen drones to and hopefully a potential buyer might check and see its stolen -  http://stolendrone.info
2022-9-24
Use props
TrippleDelta
Second Officer
Belgium

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-24 03:12
Unfortunately yes they will be able to use it with no restrictions and, sadly, there is nothing you can do to block it. Obviously they will need a controller and at some point, to open its full capabilities, the Go4 app but again there isn't a problem in doing that..

Thanks for your answer.
2022-9-25
Use props
TrippleDelta
Second Officer
Belgium

TonyPHX Posted at 9-24 12:19
As a fellow M2Z owner, I empathize with you.  Maybe it will turn up on an auction / craigs list type scenario??

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on some French sites but not yet.
2022-9-25
Use props
TrippleDelta
Second Officer
Belgium

DAFlys Posted at 9-24 23:21
There's a website you can report stolen drones to and hopefully a potential buyer might check and see its stolen -  http://stolendrone.info

Thanks. Reported.
But I couldn't create an account. Keeps asking for reCaptcha but no image to confirm.
2022-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules