Mini 3 Pro AEB 5 shoots Output Issue
1648 12 2022-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
famu
lvl.2
Italy

Hello, I'm profsisonal photographer since 1985. That's to say that  know well how work AEB Bracketing mode.
I attached 5 shoot AEB mode get with Mini 3; also 2 shoots of the underexposed shoots of AEB mode get with Mini 3, but well representing, into the red circle line, the irregular abnormal signal output issue that afflictive the High Light Areas.

During the AEB procession mode, using the 5 shoots, the drone as digital cameras usually produce same images with different exposition. The first shoot starts with regular exposition at 0 Ev ( file DJI_0629 ), other 2 increasing + EV to produce
better results/digital details for the shadows ( overexposition – files DJI_0631 and DJI_0633 ), and other 2 decreasing – EV to produce
better results/digital details for the highlights ( underexposition – files DJI_0632 and DJI_0634 ).

So, now, check the Mini 3 AEB shoots, the UNDEREXPOSED shoots ( files DJI_0632 and DJI_0634 ), you can see that the High Light Areas, instead have recovered-achieved more digital information/readable details for the highlights, because EVERY UNDER EXPOSITION works to recover this part of lights rendering it darker as for the rest of part of the entire image, these High Light Areas are burned, solarized, completely clarified. Exactly opposed.

This is an abnormal result of signal output processing during the works in AEB mode that distress my Mini3.
And this issue is not casual, but occurring on every night scene ( well visible ) when I need to works in bracketing AEB mode to produce the BEST quality images from Mini 3.

And NEVER occurred into the other AEB bracketing mode of my other 5 DJI drones. All is fine and work very very well.

I update Mini 3 Pro with latest firwmare. The issue is presento in JPG and DNG files.

Anyone occurred a similar issue?

Any ideas to solve it ?

THANKS so much for assistance.

Fabio.

Normalexp EV

Normalexp EV

Underexp EV

Underexp EV

Overexp EV

Overexp EV

+Underexp EV

+Underexp EV

+Overexp EV

+Overexp EV

Overexp Burn Light Area

Overexp Burn Light Area

Overexp Burn Light Area

Overexp Burn Light Area
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. We may need to coordinate this concern of yours to our designated team for attention. We will keep you posted once we receive some updates. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-25
Use props
famu
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-25 19:29
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. We may need to coordinate this concern of yours to our designated team for attention. We will keep you posted once we receive some updates. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi Paladin/DJI,

Thanks so much for your reply.
Please keep all time thet DJI needs to solve this abnormal issue.
In case of need, from here, it’ s possible download the original DNG + JPG files afflicted by the issue:

https://www.filemail.com/d/jnacxcmslbizvhm

I wait for your help,

Best Regards.
2022-9-25
Use props
chrisvomradio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3241519 ft
Germany

These are my example images. Seems like this issue is not mine alone.

2022-9-25
Use props
famu
lvl.2
Italy

chrisvomradio Posted at 9-25 23:16
These are my example images. Seems like this issue is not mine alone.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Yes. You are NOT Alone. Also that me, PLEASE send your reports to DJI asking for solve this great issue.
2022-9-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is concerning.
2022-9-26
Use props
famu
lvl.2
Italy

Montfrooij Posted at 9-26 01:05
That is concerning.

Sure!!! For me, also for many many other people  that working as professional, that’s representing a great  problems.
2022-9-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

famu Posted at 9-26 01:16
Sure!!! For me, also for many many other people  that working as professional, that’s representing a great  problems.

I hope they will fix it.
2022-9-26
Use props
CarbonT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 693848 ft
Poland

Exactly the same issue. so it is at least 3 of us. I had to stop using this function, it is literally useless as described.

2022-9-26
Use props
famu
lvl.2
Italy

CarbonT Posted at 9-26 01:55
Exactly the same issue. so it is at least 3 of us. I had to stop using this function, it is literally useless as described.

[view_image]

Open a ticket to DJI Assistance requesting to solve this Specific issue occurring once use AEB shooting mode, sending your images samples.
2022-9-26
Use props
chrisvomradio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3241519 ft
Germany

I recieved a response from DJI. Seems like it's an firmware issue.

'Hi Chris,
Greetings!
We received feedback from our engineers  about the  Blown out Highlights  Image on your ( DJI mini 3 pro)  when taking AEB photos, the R&D department has identified the problem, and the firmware will be optimized in the future updates. Thank you for your feedback.'
2022-10-10
Use props
famu
lvl.2
Italy

chrisvomradio Posted at 10-10 00:30
I recieved a response from DJI. Seems like it's an firmware issue.

'Hi Chris,

THANKS Chris,  "good" news, I still waiting for DJI reply to me. I'll update post once informed. THANKS, Famu.
2022-10-10
Use props
famu
lvl.2
Italy

Hello,
I had reply from DJI assistance concerning this specific issue.

Sofia (DJI Support)
Oct 14, 2022, 01:26 GMT+8
"Dear Fabio,
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
First of all, we would like to apologize for the delayed update on this issue. We received feedback that our R&D department has identified the problem,
and the firmware will be optimized in the future (expected in November) to fix this issue.
We hope for your understanding on this issue and wait patiently for the next firmware update. "

Thanks to everyone that collaborate to me to solve this specific issue.

Famu.
2022-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules