3385 6 2022-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone have any thoughts about Freewell vs Skyreat for ND filters?  Freewell has a ND64 for the hightest, where Skyreat has a ND32.  I'm leaning towards Freewell since I don't see where I would use an ND4 which is the smallest Skyreat has.  On the plus side Skyreat has a PL, but has anyone ever had the need to use a PL on an FPV?

FYI noob on FPV.

Freewell

[url=https://www.amazon.com/Skyreat-F ... 5-8bc7-93deae8f9840]Amazon Skyreat[/url]
2022-9-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Freewell on all my drones.  I have tried Skyreat and a few other brands but always keep coming back to Freewell.  They just seem to be better made.  I will say that PolarPro run a close second to Freewell though.  I'm sure you'll be happy with Freewell filters.  
2022-9-25
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-25 15:13
I use Freewell on all my drones.  I have tried Skyreat and a few other brands but always keep coming back to Freewell.  They just seem to be better made.  I will say that PolarPro run a close second to Freewell though.  I'm sure you'll be happy with Freewell filters.

Yeah, I have their VND for my mirrorless, and got the set for the mini 3, and have always been happy with Freewell, so I went ahead and ordered those.  I was curious about the Skyreat, but in the end, why risk it?

I was looking at PolarPro because they do make some nice glass for cameras, but they don't seem to have any for the Avata at all, which is odd since they offered them for the mini 3 almost at launch.
2022-9-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A1C Posted at 9-25 15:23
Yeah, I have their VND for my mirrorless, and got the set for the mini 3, and have always been happy with Freewell, so I went ahead and ordered those.  I was curious about the Skyreat, but in the end, why risk it?

I was looking at PolarPro because they do make some nice glass for cameras, but they don't seem to have any for the Avata at all, which is odd since they offered them for the mini 3 almost at launch.

Yeah, it seems Freewell is more tuned to the market and what is coming so they get filters out much quicker that many other brands.  Nice, I also just got the VND set for the Mini 3.  Unfortunately, winds and rain have kept me grounded so really haven't been able to give them a good testing.  
2022-9-25
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-25 15:39
Yeah, it seems Freewell is more tuned to the market and what is coming so they get filters out much quicker that many other brands.  Nice, I also just got the VND set for the Mini 3.  Unfortunately, winds and rain have kept me grounded so really haven't been able to give them a good testing.

The weather hasn't been that great for me either, and I've been itching to take the mini 3 out for a spin.  

It will take me a while before I get the courage to take the Avata out once I get it.  Plus, I am waiting to get the controller so I can use that with the goggles to practice in the sim a ton.  Even though I got the refresh package, I don't want to take it out and have to send it in after smashing it within 2 minutes, lol.
2022-9-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A1C Posted at 9-25 15:55
The weather hasn't been that great for me either, and I've been itching to take the mini 3 out for a spin.  

It will take me a while before I get the courage to take the Avata out once I get it.  Plus, I am waiting to get the controller so I can use that with the goggles to practice in the sim a ton.  Even though I got the refresh package, I don't want to take it out and have to send it in after smashing it within 2 minutes, lol.

Don't blame you a bit.  I can't remember how many times I had to rebuild my homebuilt cinewhoop.  At least parts were cheap although shipping was always slow.

I'm sure with some time in the Simulator you'll do just fine.  A local Avata says he has found it easier to fly with the Controller 2 vice the Motion Controller.   
2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best suggestion from our fellow DJI Pilots about the 3rd party lens that you are looking for. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules