Latest Version of Fly App crashes when Airsense is toggled on
2334 31 2022-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Repeatable Bug:
Updated to latest version if DJI Fly App (1.7.5) and updated to latest firmware on RC Pro. Also latest firmware on M3C.
Test #1 - Repeatable - M3C powered on and completes self-check. RCPRO tuirned on. DJI Fly comes up - and all works as it should. Toggle Airsense on in menu and DJI Fly crashes and restarts in a constant loop until I succeed in quickly getting in the menu and toggling Airsense off. Fly then behaves normally. Other option is to restart the RCPRO - Airsense is toggled off on startup. All works normally

Test #2 - Repeatable - Same as above but started RCPRO and entered DJI Fly prior to starting the M3C. - Same results as above

Used DJI  Assistant 2 to refresh firmware in RCPRO and M3C

Conducted tests as above - same repeatable results

In all cases, toggling on Airsense from the menu causes DJI Fly to crash, auto restart, crash, auto restart in a continuing loop.

2022-9-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there EFRPIC. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-9-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

i am always surprised that an update cause so many problems on functions wich works great before....

2022-9-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

This happened to me and has been reported several times. DJI,  if you don't care, at least acknlowledge the problem!!
2022-9-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Do what I did and uninstall 1.7.4 and go back to 1.7.0.
2022-9-26
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

I woudl try that but I still had disconnected in close range issues with the previous version.
2022-9-26
Use props
rbad
lvl.1

United States

Having the same issues with our 2x RC-Pro controllers / 2x Mavic-3.

AND... The Mini-3 / RC combo..

THIS IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS !!

Imagine losing control of a craft handling fire department operations / SAR / Etc...??
**SCARY** !

We lived through the 6 MONTHS of 15+ minute GPS Lock.  

We lived through the FAILURE of the ADSB "AirSense" to detect aircraft that our Air-2s and other drones detect immediately.

WHY are we BETA-TESTERS ??
2022-9-26
Use props
rbad
lvl.1

United States

Forgot to mention..

Crashing occurs when clicking on the map display icon in the bottom left corner.  Just clicking the icon will crash the app 9 times out of 10.

And...  IF ONLY DJI had provided a more professional / enterprise type application for control of their newer series of drones, much of these potentially deadly failures could be prevented..

Using the GO-4 app to control our Mavic-2 Zoom drones permitted us to operate DUAL CONTROLLERS  **SIMULTANEOUSLY** .

We had the ability to have a backup controller powered up and bound to the drone.  This was great for training, operations where one operator can focus on flying the craft and the other operator can concentrate on looking / filming operations.

Why did the VERY $$ EXPENSIVE Mavic-3 series come with a cheap-ass, flimsy and lacking telemetry data display??

Obviously we chose to go with the "Smart Controller" instead of the toy-like RC-N1, but what if we had opted to stay with the toy-like RC-N1?
2022-9-26
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine had been doing that as well but the screen said the RC Pro controller needed recalibrating so after I performed that, I don't have the issue anymore. Strange
2022-9-26
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 9-26 17:18
Mine had been doing that as well but the screen said the RC Pro controller needed recalibrating so after I performed that, I don't have the issue anymore. Strange

Mine is back doing the same thing as before. When flying the M3 with all updated firmware/Fly app, when switching to map view, the app restarts and left with a blank RC Pro screen for several seconds. I can't get the map view to stay on long enough to disable the Air Sense but will keep trying but a new Fly app or firmware would be a better solution.
2022-9-28
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 9-28 17:56
Mine is back doing the same thing as before. When flying the M3 with all updated firmware/Fly app, when switching to map view, the app restarts and left with a blank RC Pro screen for several seconds. I can't get the map view to stay on long enough to disable the Air Sense but will keep trying but a new Fly app or firmware would be a better solution.

I guess not many people are having this same issue any longer?
2022-9-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 9-28 17:56
Mine is back doing the same thing as before. When flying the M3 with all updated firmware/Fly app, when switching to map view, the app restarts and left with a blank RC Pro screen for several seconds. I can't get the map view to stay on long enough to disable the Air Sense but will keep trying but a new Fly app or firmware would be a better solution.

You don't need the map to disable Airsense. Safety tab/advanced/Airsense disable. Even better is to go back to 1.7.0
2022-9-28
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-28 18:36
You don't need the map to disable Airsense. Safety tab/advanced/Airsense disable. Even better is to go back to 1.7.0

Thanks. I did know that but thank you for reminding my aging brain.
2022-9-29
Use props
deubler90
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2410935 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same issue. I have refreshed the Firmware installed on the RC Pro and the DJI Fly App still crashes when AirSense detects an Aircraft nearby. How do you report bugs to DJI? I have googled around for the answer on Bug reporting and can't find an answer.
2022-10-10
Use props
richparry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1620148 ft
  • >>>
United States

deubler90 Posted at 10-10 06:30
I am having the same issue. I have refreshed the Firmware installed on the RC Pro and the DJI Fly App still crashes when AirSense detects an Aircraft nearby. How do you report bugs to DJI? I have googled around for the answer on Bug reporting and can't find an answer.

I have the same problem using RC Pro. Just documenting the issue here in the hopes DJI will fix this.
2022-10-10
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

If you have warranty, is a good time to send it back as not working properly and demand money back
2022-10-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Just uninstall Fly 1.7.5 and revert to 1.7.0.
2022-10-11
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Folks,

I was able to resolve this issue by a workaround. You can change sensitivity of Airsense to the most top option "on the collision course only" and that resolved the issue for me. To change the sensitivity, you can click on the map in the bottom left corner and the options menu will be displayed on the right side of the screen, there is a an icon showing a plane that can be tapped and changed to "on collision course only" the most top option. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-10-11
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

Mzp Posted at 10-11 08:19
Hi Folks,

I was able to resolve this issue by a workaround. You can change sensitivity of Airsense to the most top option "on the collision course only" and that resolved the issue for me. To change the sensitivity, you can click on the map in the bottom left corner and the options menu will be displayed on the right side of the screen, there is a an icon showing a plane that can be tapped and changed to "on collision course only" the most top option. Hope this helps.

Does it just make the alerts effectively stop and avoid the bug since if everyone is flying properly you shouldn't be on a collision course, or have you gotten alerts and not have the app crash?

My solution has been just turn it off till they update and try again.
2022-10-11
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 10-11 19:27
Does it just make the alerts effectively stop and avoid the bug since if everyone is flying properly you shouldn't be on a collision course, or have you gotten alerts and not have the app crash?

My solution has been just turn it off till they update and try again.

It reduces sensitivity. imho better than no Airsense, but not ideal for sure.
2022-10-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

The best workaround is revert to Fly 1.7.0
2022-10-12
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-12 07:49
The best workaround is revert to Fly 1.7.0

1.7.0 was causing me other issues that were more of an issue than not having a working Airsense
2022-10-12
Use props
Westfield_Chris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 97126 ft
United Kingdom

I'm also having this problem but only when a manned aircraft is detected. App continually crashes until the aircraft has moved out of range. Using Air2s and rc pro with app version 1.7.5
2022-10-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Westfield_Chris Posted at 10-13 09:55
I'm also having this problem but only when a manned aircraft is detected. App continually crashes until the aircraft has moved out of range. Using Air2s and rc pro with app version 1.7.5

You can either disable AirSense in the Safety tab/Advanced setting or revert to Fly 1.7.0. Revert is what I have done.
2022-10-13
Use props
Westfield_Chris
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-13 10:04
You can either disable AirSense in the Safety tab/Advanced setting or revert to Fly 1.7.0. Revert is what I have done.

Thanks for that Mobilehomer. I was sorting of hoping someone from DJI might see these problems and put it right in an update. It is somewhat frustrating to have to either disable functionality or move to an older version which will no doubt re-introduce other problems.
2022-10-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree @Westfield_Chris.  It would be reassuring at least to know that this is acknowledged, understood and being resolved.
2022-10-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

I atarted reporting it as soon as 1.7.4 came out. They have not acknowledged it yet! Maybe they are working on a newer version that works.
2022-10-13
Use props
Westfield_Chris
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-13 10:40
I atarted reporting it as soon as 1.7.4 came out. They have not acknowledged it yet! Maybe they are working on a newer version that works.

You would like to think so Mobilehomer!
Does anyone know if this problem is limited to the rc pro?
There has been a firmware update and was wondering if it has made any difference. We don't get many manned aircraft around here so it's not easy for me to check.
2022-11-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Westfield_Chris Posted at 11-1 06:16
You would like to think so Mobilehomer!
Does anyone know if this problem is limited to the rc pro?
There has been a firmware update and was wondering if it has made any difference. We don't get many manned aircraft around here so it's not easy for me to check.

Yes, Fly 1.7.8 works fine. No crashes.
2022-11-1
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

So it is confirmed that this issue has been fixed with 1.7.8?

2022-11-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

SeehawerB Posted at 11-1 22:52
So it is confirmed that this issue has been fixed with 1.7.8?

[view_image]

Yes, the issue is fixed
2022-11-2
Use props
Westfield_Chris
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-2 06:30
Yes, the issue is fixed

Thanks for confirming Mobilehomer.
2022-11-3