Black Lines in video
904 9 2015-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
taylorscottmaso
New

United States

Hello,

I'm the DP on a TV series up in Alaska and I've been using the I1 for aerial inserts.  I'm at about 100 flights and starting to have issues with the downloaded video.  See screenshot for reference (barely any internet access out here and I can't get a video reference to upload).  Essentially its black lines flickering vertically along the video.  Seems to be worse in shadows.  There doesn't seem to be a pattern to their appearance...sometimes they're present and sometimes absent.  

Shooting 4k 24fps
Log color profile
Sunny light balanceFormatted SD cards, tried multiple cards

Recently cleaned all the contacts of the gimbal to drone body but I'm still getting the lines.  I'm assuming it has something to do with the the i-frames?  Anyone had this issue?  Only had a few other minor problems with the Inspire and overall I've been thrilled with it's performance based off the price.  Thanks for looking!

Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 1.56.35 PM copy.jpg
2015-8-9
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

That doesn't look good.    Looks like a sensor issue to me, might need to go back for diagnosis.

So you say this didn't happen at first and is evolving?
2015-8-9
Use props
taylorscottmaso
New

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-8-10 06:59
That doesn't look good.    Looks like a sensor issue to me, might need to go back for diagnosis.

So ...

Thanks for the reply Jim.

Yes to confirm, it just started happening.  I've probably shot 30 hours total on this gimbal and it's performed great up to the last 4 flights.  I wish I could get a video to upload, as the lines start out super obvious and then taper off midway through the clip.  I was shooting another scene on it today and the lines are barely noticeable, but they are still faintly there.  Can't figure out whats triggering them.  
2015-8-9
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

taylorscottmaso Posted at 2015-8-10 07:12
Thanks for the reply Jim.

Yes to confirm, it just started happening.  I've probably shot 30 hours ...

I think the still image says everything.  I  really think that's happening at sensor level, not a compression or contacts thing.

I would start a support ticket and send the photo with it, but might need to be prepared to be without the Inspire a couple of months, which is painful I know!   
2015-8-9
Use props
taylorscottmaso
New

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-8-10 07:20
I think the still image says everything.  I  really think that's happening at sensor level, not a c ...

Alright thanks for the input Jim, I appreciate it.  I opened a ticket and will hopefully hear back from DJI this week.  Have a great week!
2015-8-9
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Anyone nearby with an I1 that you can do a swapover test with?
2015-8-9
Use props
taylorscottmaso
New

United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-8-10 07:54
Anyone nearby with an I1 that you can do a swapover test with?

No, we're on an island in southeast AK that is pretty remote.  Only boat or float plane access.  That would have been super helpful though....sounds like it might be the gimbal/sensor.   Good thought.  
2015-8-9
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

taylorscottmaso Posted at 2015-8-10 11:19
No, we're on an island in southeast AK that is pretty remote.  Only boat or float plane access.  T ...

Send me a ticket and I'll bring mine over!
Can you tell us what show you're working on?
2015-8-9
Use props
tornado
lvl.1

United States

I just saw this on my setup, never before 1.3 though, however it's a horizontal line with \ \ \ slash lines in the FPV ?
2015-8-10
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

tornado Posted at 2015-8-10 19:03
I just saw this on my setup, never before 1.3 though, however it's a horizontal line with \ \ \ slas ...

Are you certain you aren't looking at the over exposure warning?   This would appear as black and white slashes in the brightest area of the screen to demonstrate where the image is blowing out to white.
2015-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules