'DJI GO Library' video footage quality.
4499 4 2015-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
semaj2480
lvl.3

Australia

I have a P3P, and shoot video in 1080, 50fps. I use an iPad Air 2 with the DJI GO app.
Video/photos are saved to the P3's SD card, but I still get video files automatically saved to the iPad.., located in the DJI GO library, where they can be edited, and saved etc.
Kinda cool.

Are these video files found in the DJI GO library, going to be full 1080HD? Or are these just low quality video files for previewing footage?
If I save them to the iPad's 'Camera Roll' the quality is very low. Around 720p or so.

In short. The SD card footage is full 1080HD. I'm just wondering about the DJI GO app footage found in the library.
2015-8-15
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

im new to Apple devices, so I'm finding it difficult to navigate the OS.
2015-8-15
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

I can't even find this thread in the forum...
2015-8-15
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

I am just a Newbie (first flight August 15th)  but I just figured that the P3 sends HD (720p) video of the flight to remote and is viewed on your tablet.  The DJI GO app just caches that video (If you press record).  I think there is a threshold of storage for these in the cache before they are automatically deleted.   You can tell that these are being recorded through the Lightbridge transmission because if you see interference while you fly, you will see interference in the cached video.   But if you play from the SD card you won't see the interference.  
2015-8-17
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-8-17 21:05
I am just a Newbie (first flight August 15th)  but I just figured that the P3 sends HD (720p) video  ...

Thank you kind sir. Lol.

I think this will tie in with another thread, posted by Phresh5, where he asks about the 'Convert to HD' setting.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-28042-1-1.html

The DJI video editor is VERY restricting in many ways.., and can only edit low res footage.
Seems kinda useless, unless you just want to do a quick edit, to see what shots/scenes you are missing.., and need to shoot while on location.
2015-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules