Question before buy the DJI Pocket 2
2374 8 2022-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Volsi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116089 ft
Japan

Happy owner of a DJI drone I am interested in buying the DJI pocket 2. Before that I have two questions, I hope you can help me.

- I would like to replace my standard video camera (normal Sony HD) with the DJI pocket 2. I often use my camcorder to film children's shows at school, is the DJI pocket 2 suitable for this use?

- I heard that the DJI pocket 3 was going to be released in November, is it better to wait?

(sorry for my bad English)

Thank you for your help

2022-10-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for showing interest in our product. Yes, you may use the DJI Pocket 2 when filming indoors with children's shows also this handy camera provides the best quality. With regards to the said product, we don't have any information with regard to DJI's future products. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-3
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

Hi. The pocket 2 it's a very handy camera for sure. You can use it to film almost everything with it. You can add an extension pole to get higher perspective and there's a lot of accessories in China for it. But if it was today probably I would wait for the pocket 3.

Hope it helps.
2022-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I'm a happy owner of a Pocket 2.
I like it the most for when I'm walking with the camera.
(it gives super steady shots)
I'm not sure about static recordings. Maybe a regular camcorder will do a better job, as you can also zoom in (the Pocket 2 does not have a zoom lens).
Only if you need something super portable, but otherwise a regular camcorder feels like a better option for indoor static shots.

You don't have to wait for Pocket 3 if you ask me.
There is always a 'newer' camera on the horizon. And for all we know, this could still take months or longer and the Pocket 3 won't magically make you a better filmmaker .
2022-10-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Personally. Im waiting for pocket 3.  
2022-10-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pocket 2 is a nice camera but I'd wait and see what all the Pocket 3 offers as it is rumored to be out next month.  
2022-10-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

A few days ago I purchased a camera from another company, to upgrade one I already had.  The actual picture quality offered by this new camera was not radicallly better than the previous one (but is usefully better), but the user interface and general pleasantness to use of the new one is way ahead of the old one.  Someone who is used to more conventional video cameras may find it hard to get used to working with the tiny screen of the Pocket 2 (of course you can link it to a phone, if your phone is compatible...), but something tells me the Pocket 3 will have a significantly larger one - not to mention all sorts of other improvements mentioned in other discussions here - so maybe it will be worth waiting.  Then a choice can be made between the old and the new, not least bearing in mind the price - my instinct is that the Pocket 3 may be a be a significantly more expensive device, but we'll see...

Indeed the Pocket 2 doesn't have a real zoom function, but due to the clever way the sensor is used, its digital zoom isn't a complete disaster, although it only goes to x2 or less, as far as I recall.
2022-10-4
Use props
Volsi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116089 ft
Japan

Thank you all for you help and your tips.

After read all I choosed to wait the next DJI Pocket 3 (maybe will be available next month)

Thank you again!
2022-10-6
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Pocket 2 wouldn't be a bad choice for that use either, but it could be that the Pocket 3 might have some additional aces up it's sleeve. We'll just have to wait and see to know.
2022-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules