2408 13 2022-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
domin45670
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225118 ft
Poland

Hi

According to DJI Fly issues that are in 2022 versions I am wondering if anyone of you returned to some older version of DJI Fly.
At this moment I have DJI Fly 1.6.8 and it seems that it may not working well because yesterday I met similar issue with preview to the one that I found on this forum: (this movie is not mine)

I have the newest firmware and I am wondering if it will be safe to back to DJI Fly 1.4.8 which has been released one year ago. This version of DJI Fly was working with some older version of firmware.

Unfortunately I have lost my patience to meet new issues (in this year there were quickshots, connection frequency, compass, app crash etc. issues). I realised that the most stable version was 1.4.8. However I am not sure what will happen if I will try this version with the present firmware.

Is anyone of you tried this?

2022-10-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use 1.4.8 for the mini 2 without a problem........but.......you may need to download your flight logs from the current version to a computer etc. and KEEP THEM THERE. Then uninstall the old app and then, using a computer or the phone's file browser, remove the residue of the old FLY app file system including the logs in the 'new' (post 1.5.something?) storage area for flight records. I might have done this with one phone but I can't remember for certain. I would be concerned that the post 1.5.something file structure might interfere with 1.4.8..

I do remember that in earlier versions there was an issue where any logs created by the newer version could not be transferred to an older version otherwise none of the logs on the old version were visible in the in-app flight 'replayer'. I think that occurred around 1.2

The above said I am not sure if my firmware is up to date so do not know if I am on 2022 firmware. But if you have backed up the flight logs to computer and if a roll back to 1.4.8 fails, you could always reinstall a newer version and then copy the logs back to the appropriate place.
I use a pre 1.2 App for my mavic mini.

Of course this only applies to Android devices, I know of no way to roll back Apple devices.
2022-10-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would be temped to open a case with DJI,  that looks like a hardware fault with the drone.
2022-10-8
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

I've only been flying for a year and have always kept my firmware and software updated and have never had a problem. I don't understand why some people seem to have such a problem with DJI's updates. I don't do anything special.....I just update and fly.

And before anyone else says 'just look at those here on the forum that do have problems'....the number of people here with issues versus the number of Mini 2's that have been sold....it's less than 1% of the Mini 2 owner population.
2022-10-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to update all the firmware to the latest version using the DJI Fly app also please reinstall the DJI Fly app for you to have the latest version then check if the issue persists. If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-8
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Poland

Thank you for all your responses

I've updated my DJI Fly from 1.6.8 to 1.7.5 to be sure that I have installed the newest firmware and there is no update for my Mini 2 ;) I didn't fly enough on 1.7.5 to be 100% sure if it helped. This problem is not regular and I am not sure when exactly it could happen.
I've also ask DJI support for assistance with this issue.

I was lucky because there was still one recorded cash file with the issue, so I am able to present it below. In the right corner there is footage recorded on my SD card:

example.jpg

I will update you if I will get some info about it.
However if anyone met similar issiue, please let me know
2022-10-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There was a thread I skimmed recently where there was similar striping but black and white only, unfortunately I can't remember the thread but there where two photos in it and the striping was evident on houses at the bottom of each photo. I guess the thread would be somewhere on the first 3 pages of 'new' posts here or perhaps mavicpilots.
2022-10-9
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Poland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-9 09:58
There was a thread I skimmed recently where there was similar striping but black and white only, unfortunately I can't remember the thread but there where two photos in it and the striping was evident on houses at the bottom of each photo. I guess the thread would be somewhere on the first 3 pages of 'new' posts here or perhaps mavicpilots.

Thank you
I found the thread mentioned by you on Mavicpilots:

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mini-2-video-problem.131307/

One person noted the same as me. When Fn button will be push, then the gimball is moving. After that the image is clear again.
However, it seems that they did not find any solution except pushing Fn button.
2022-10-9
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Poland

Update:

Few days ago I finally sent an email to DJI. My query has been forwarded to the correct department and I am still waiting.
In the meantime I updated DJI FLY from 1.6.8 to 1.7.5 but it made no possitive results.
Today I tried to back to DJI FLY 1.4.8. I thought that it may be a great idea because one year ago this version was perfect for me. Unfortunately during testing it before flight I realised that it is not possible to open the drone's gallery. I saw a message similar to "connection failed". I realised that probably the newest firmware may not working properly with the old DJI Fly.
Please note that there were no issues with fly logs. All of them have been downloaded from the cloud.
Finally I decided to uninstall DJI Fly 1.4.8 after clearing cache and install DJI Fly 1.7.5 because it seems that I have no alternative to one of the newest DJI Fly versions.
Probably the only one way is to wait for DJI support advice.
I keep my fingers crossed for satysfying solution because the preview as in the linked footage below is not this what I am expecting. Especially if last year there was no problem.

In the right corner there is footage saved to SD card. In the main window there is preview footage (DJI FLY 1.6.8)
DJI FLY 1.7.5

Update 24.10.2022

I tried to check it on a different phone. It was not so easy to rent Samsung Galaxy A50 from my friend.
I noted preview issues but they looked different. There were no colorful large pixels as in my Samsung Galaxy A7. Instead of them I saw black screen for a few seconds. During the flight I noted some lags twice.
When I got home I tried to find cache file with my flight to check with details what happened. I was really surprised because there was no cache file on my firnd's phone with this flight. It has not been recorded. But on my sd card I have the footage recorded by my Mini 2. Moreover, it seems that my one flight has been splitted to two separated flights in DJI Fly. The first one is between start and black screen and the second on is between black screen and landing.

DJI Support advised me to check it on one of the recommended cell phones. It will be really hard to find a friend who has one of these phones and then ask him to rent it.
I hope that it will be possible because I am a little bit afraid to fly my drone with these issues.

2022-10-14
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Poland

Hi everyone

I am still wondering if I should type you an answer how my problem ended or not.
DJI asked to send them my drone and the controller. After that they replaced my drone to the new one. The controller has not been replaced.
It seems like a good news. And the bad news is that for the last week I was unable to fly my new drone because of a weather condiction. Moreover, it seems that there is no good weather in the next couple of days.
Even when the good weather is beyond the window, I'm in my job and after that it's dark. I have to wait for a weekend when there will be no cold weather, no rain or snow.

So as you can see I am unable to finally confirm that now everything is correct. This is the only one thing that keeps me with no final confirmation if the problem has been solved.
2022-11-24
Use props
Mockingbird
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64393 ft
United States

I was using my iPhone 14 with my Mini 2 and never saw this issue. I bought a Samsung Tab A8 because it showed to be compatible with the DJI Fly app.  Having this to occur during flight can be dangerous near objects. I have no other use for the Samsung Tab A8 other than using it with my Mini 2. I pry that someone will a fix. Switching from video to photo would ruin videos.

I'm hoping that someone will stay on this.
2023-1-9
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Poland

Mockingbird Posted at 1-9 13:22
I was using my iPhone 14 with my Mini 2 and never saw this issue. I bought a Samsung Tab A8 because it showed to be compatible with the DJI Fly app.  Having this to occur during flight can be dangerous near objects. I have no other use for the Samsung Tab A8 other than using it with my Mini 2. I pry that someone will a fix. Switching from video to photo would ruin videos.

I'm hoping that someone will stay on this.

Hi Mockingbird

DJI found some camera issue in my drone and finally they replaced my drone. Now I have a new one and because a winter I was able to fly only 3 batteries. During these 3 flights there was no preview issue.
When the winter gone, I will be able to fly a little more.

But I think if you don't have the same problem as mine then you should not worry about it
2023-1-9
Use props
Mockingbird
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64393 ft
United States

My issue is during flight the display on my samsung tab A8 becomes pixellated.
2023-1-12
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Poland

In this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D766%26typeid%3D766 one person also has the same tablet. It seems that if he/she will change the recording parameters, then the previev is without any issues. In my opinion it's a little bit odd and I typed my answer about it in that thread.
2023-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules