Massive loss in quality DJI MINI 3 PRO compressor
1545 3 2022-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
madthing8
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi folks

I have a beautiful 4k file ( recorded in h264, 23.98 frames and 4k) and the file straight out of FCP looks wow... but I put it into compressor and it just ruins it.  Same settings on the compressor (h264, 23.98 etc)

I also tried handbrake and I am still getting a big loss.  Its horrible to have amazing files ruined by compression.   Someone surely knows the settigns to avoid this type of loss?

All help/advice appreacited.

2022-10-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there madthing8. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI Co pilots who uses these editing software can give out the best information and recommendation on this matter. Thank you.
2022-10-10
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Thanks for sharing.
2022-11-10
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

Compressor "compresses" according to the setting you are choosing. If you are using Final Cut Pro you can choose Export File (default) and that should be a large but high quality export. Choosing 4K Apple devices will also create a good file but will be much smaller. Youtube encoding will take much longer.  There are a great variety of settings and you can also "roll your own" in Compressor. There will always be a tradeoff between file size and quality. My most recent upload to youtube was a 1min 28 sec at 482MB.
2023-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules