Request for Better Warranty Support Options
561 6 2022-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kring1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161073 ft
United States

I think DJI might be loosing out on both a revenue stream and a way to take care of it's customers by not offering ANY extended or improved warranty options.  I have my first drone (Mini 3 Pro) and something is wrong with the camera and it's a WARRANTY issues (not damage)  I found out that CareRefresh does nothing for warranty support and because DJI service facility is on the west coast and they issue the shipping both ways.  Us east coast customers are in a bind,  it's one full month to get a warranty repair (10 day coastal transit to return to DJI, 8-14 day repair time, 10 day return shipping to customer).   

DJI not offering any improved warranty options is at minimum a substantial loss of revenue opportunity, but also a ding for customer satistfaction.   Nearly every single company I know of in technology consumer goods offers advanced support options.  Express repairs, faster shipping, cross-ship repairs, extended warranty, etc...   all options that a percentage of your customers would pay for, but you don't offer it.  it's also VERY easy to offer this as it's just establishing a product offering on paper and changing internal processes and support models.

You could do a simple add-on at purchase to upgrade warranty, offer it for sale within 30-days of purchase at time of registration, or make it a point-in-time service when a customer needs faster turnaround,  or bake it into DJI CareRefresh in a way that doesn't penalize and place the burdon of "warranty" cost on the customer by making them burn 1 of 2 accidental damage claims.  DJI CareRefresh is NOT a warranty service, it's an expendible and limited replacement service for FlyAway's or accidental damage - this is great (I boght it), but this level of service usally comes AFTER having upgradable warranty options.

So having a new drone, paid for DJI CareRefresh, I experience a defect/warranty issue and I'm waiting a month to get it service with NO option.  I'm heading out on a cross country trip and my drone is sitting in warranty repair and I won't have it for my trip. (the main reason I bought the drone for two trips this fall)

Overall, disappointed in the warranty repair process, especially for a brand new drone.  I easily would have paid for better warranty options.
2022-10-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I hope you know you cannot fly in National Parks.
2022-10-10
Use props
Kring1
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-10 13:16
I hope you know you cannot fly in National Parks.

Thx, I'm aware - I'm not just at the park on this trip.  I updated my original post since I don't want that insignificant point to distract from the reason for this post or the topic of the warranty.
2022-10-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First off ignore the drone police ;+)

I think in reality it may not take as long as you think , you could contact dji to say you’re are shipping expedited and try asking if they can also arrange for this by return, time for repair will not take 8 days and its highly likely they won’t repair your drone but just send out a replacement. Contact either a mod here to see if they can help or alternatively CS.
Repairs for me in Europe door to door take 10 working days max and shipping for me is across land over 5 different countries.
2022-10-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Kring1 Posted at 10-10 13:22
Thx, I'm aware - I'm not just at the park on this trip.  I updated my original post since I don't want that insignificant point to distract from the reason for this post or the topic of the warranty.

Pay no attention to hallmark. He's a troll. I'm gald you know and changed your post. FYI, if you buy one year of Care Refresh and then renew it for another year at the end, that extends the warranty for another year as well. If you purchase the two year CR plan, you also get two years warranty. Plus. there are many examples here where DJI has paid for warranty shipping both ways.
2022-10-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will check your case and see how we can help you better with your case.Besides, we will also forward your feedback to the relevant team.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know as well.
Thank you for your support.
2022-10-10
Use props
Kring1
lvl.2
United States

thanks Hallmark007 & Mobilhomer.  I contacted support to try to expedite.  They looked at it today but they incorrectly processed it, instead of reviewing it for the reason I sent it in (the camera buzzes after the last firmware update), they processed it as an out of warrant repair quote, when it's still in warranty. I contacted support again after getting the email and they have no details on why they processed it as an out of warrant repair quote and she speculated maybe there was damage but has no details or proof to send me.   so now it's stuck and she said it's 4-5 more business days to ask for it to be reassessed.

This isn't going well at all.  If I damaged it, I would have just used DJI refresh expediate and would have had a replacement in 2 days... instead I followed their recommendation to send in for warranty, and then again followed their recommendation when I contacted support yesterday to stick with the warranty repair - and I'm loosing days and time and now it appears to me DJI is going to force me either way to use CareRefresh and not take care of the buzzing camera.   it's looking like there is no warranty service at all.

Pretty frustrated dealing with warranty service since 9/16 and  in the end all for nothing, they will make me use CareRefresh.

Natalia, not sure if you were able to help to get it looked at, so thank you if you did.. but I'm at a loss for what to do... I even gave up in frustration and asked if I could just use CareRefresh now, and she said no.. it has to sit in 2nd review for the week.
2022-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules