Polar Pro Filters
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sotirisphoka
lvl.1

Cyprus

Hi there all,

I have the Phantom 3 Pro and i will like to get ND Filters. I have read that the Polar Pro filters are very good. At their site there are two options. The six filter pack which includes Includes CP, ND8, ND16, ND32, ND8/PL, ND16/PL and the three pack filter which includes Circular Polarizer, 2-stop ND, and 3-Stop ND Filters.

I am not a professional photographer or a movie maker but i would like to take good quality photos and movies for my own use. Do you think that the three pack filter will be enough for my needs? It also cost less.

Do i have any other good options in your opinion to get ?

Thank you.
2015-8-10
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the 6 filter kit and have been happy with it.  I just wish it came with the ND4 that the 3 filter kit has...  I might just order a 3 filter kit too.
2015-8-11
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

Personally, I think a polarizer is useless on any aerial camera.   
2015-8-11
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

I would like to try a polarizer, but if it's not graduated, I'm not sure how useful it would be. If it is graduated, there is no way to adjust it once up in the air. So, I would be interested in hearing feedback from those that have it. If it works, you should be able to get some really nice saturated sky.

As for the ND filters, I have heard good things about the ones you are looking at, although, I have a different set.

-Brad
2015-8-11
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

sotirisphoka, you can find a list of all commonly used lens filters here:
http://ww.PhantomHelp.com/#CameraP3

No matter which brand you go with, you're going to want at least an ND8 filter. The ND16 filter would be a good one to have too for extremely sunny conditions. If you purchase others, you probably won't use them often.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-11
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

I like polar pro and I would recommend them! As for the  polarize filter... They have there place but I am not too sure I am going to use it a lot. I have the 3 back and I Would much rather have a ND16 instead of the  polarizer
2015-8-11
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Spankybear Posted at 2015-8-12 01:52
I like polar pro and I would recommend them! As for the  polarize filter... They have there place bu ...

l got the 3-pack just for the polarizer. l'm going to try the polarizer with the PhantomFilters filters inserted to see what results l get. The PhantomFilters pack came with ND2, 4, 8, and 16.
2015-8-11
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-8-12 01:56
l got the 3-pack just for the polarizer. l'm going to try the polarizer with the PhantomFilters fi ...

I have the 6 pack from polar pro and I like the ND 16 PL.  The polarizer has worked beautifully on bright days.  Im not a pro by a long shot but the video and pics look amazing to me using that filter.   That has become my go to filter for bright days now especially flying over water.  
2015-8-11
Use props
ljwsteenbergen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 959783 ft
Netherlands

I bought the 6 filter kit, so including the polarisers. Use the ND8 or the ND8PL on sunny days. The standard polariser I guess also gives a 1 stop maybe even 2 stop reduction, so even if the polariser is of less use in aerial videography (you change position towards the sun most likely more often), it may help as shutter time reduction on clouded or partially covered days. I like my set from PolarPro, but screwing them on your camera is sometimes a bit more cumbersome than the standard Dji lens over.
2015-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules