Phantom 3 pro firmware update
1830 14 2015-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phuzman1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39964 ft
United States

Just decided after fighting with myself to buy one of the Phantom 3 drones. I made the decision to buy the Phantom 3 pro.I'am new to the hobby but I wanted the best I could get.
I have a question I bought it yesterday do you think it will come the the latest firmware? or will I have to install it?Thanks.
2015-8-11
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

Doubt it because the one you bought probably has been sitting in a box for before the update was released.  
2015-8-11
Use props
phuzman1
lvl.1
United States

DrACE Posted at 2015-8-11 20:40
Doubt it because the one you bought probably has been sitting in a box for before the update was rel ...

Thanks, hopefully it will go smooth.
2015-8-11
Use props
gsp171
lvl.3

United States

It will come with 1.19, DO NOT upgrade as 1.1.9 works great IMO
2015-8-11
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

gsp171@mchsi.co Posted at 2015-8-11 21:11
It will come with 1.19, DO NOT upgrade as 1.1.9 works great IMO

I disagree.  1.3.2 works great.
2015-8-11
Use props
ward
lvl.1

Canada

Phuzman you should have read the forums on DJI sales and service before purchasing. Hope you have lots of time on your hands cause your going to waiting a long time, but they will hold onto your money meanwhile. And suppose you have a fly away or firmware issue, cause these things are happening, then you will be waiting another 8 weeks or so. Hopefully you know this already.
2015-8-11
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

I have logged around 4 hours post latest upgrade without any issues at all.  I think there is more human error than anything..........(calibrating compass wrong...etc).
2015-8-11
Use props
phuzman1
lvl.1
United States

DrACE Posted at 2015-8-12 00:23
I have logged around 4 hours post latest upgrade without any issues at all.  I think there is more h ...

Do you think I can just leave it for now the way it came?or do I have to do the upgrade?
2015-8-12
Use props
dcaton55
lvl.1

United States

Bought my P3P one week ago.  Updated firmware, calibrated IMU, Gimbal, and Compass.  Flies great!  No problems whatsoever.  Suggest you read and review everything on web before flying.  
2015-8-12
Use props
phuzman1
lvl.1
United States

ward@nelsonroof Posted at 2015-8-11 10:08
Phuzman you should have read the forums on DJI sales and service before purchasing. Hope you have lo ...

I got mine a week after I ordered it.Been flying it for about 3 weeks.Have not one issue flys great and the 4k vid is outstanding.One thing I did do is take baby steps with it.Read everything I could find before really stretching its legs.
2015-9-5
Use props
MDuLQQk1
New
United States

dcaton55@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-12 19:01
Bought my P3P one week ago.  Updated firmware, calibrated IMU, Gimbal, and Compass.  Flies great!  N ...

Updated my firmware on the Phantom 3 pro... went and flew it, was fine.  Turned it on the next day, and it started again with the double beep as if it was going through the update process again.  Do you know what I'm doing wrong?
2015-9-6
Use props
michaelangelo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1821913 ft
United States

Upgrade. It works great with the latest version.
2015-9-6
Use props
michaelangelo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1821913 ft
United States

Perhaps you didn't remove the card with firmware on it.
2015-9-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Only mere hours to count down now... The new Firmware will be installed on my Phantom 3 Pro before breakfast, Monday morning.
I plan on flying a couple of intelligent batteries before lunch. And will happily report back here with my conclusion and response...

I am quite sure this will be another awesome update, without any troubles or concerns for me or my Phantom 3.

It's been a lot of smiles and chuckles from the start... Planning on continuing that tradition. A long time.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-6
Use props
ward
lvl.1

Canada

New firmware tomorrow and my Phantom will be back in my hands on Tuesday. Hopefully its a new Phantom as I was informed by E-mail. Not sure why it took nine weeks to decide but finally got the message that they were sending me a new Phantom so to speed up the repair process. I suspect they found a problem with my Phantom that they wanted to check out. None the less i'm very happy with the decision. It looks like DJI is making things better.
2015-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules