Missing Flight Record
1254 16 2022-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
navig8uk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I recently crashed my Mini 3 Pro and am sending it to DJI to be repaired. My insurance company is requesting the Flight Record for the incident however, I can retrieve all of the previous flight records (from the RC) but not the final one where the incident occured. Can anyone help me retrieve it?

2022-10-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Where have you looked?  
If you have a look at the instructions on
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/     (lower down the page)  
you will see the likely storage places.
Do you by any chance sync your logs with DJI?
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. May I please ask what RC are you using? Are you using the DJI RC, RC PRO, or just a standard controller? Also, kindly please sync your flight records on the DJI Fly app. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Open the FlyApp, go to Profile.

Do you see the flightrecord in the list ??

If yes, play back the video, this will download the flightlog.txt from the DJI server back on your device.
RC > connect to the internet via wifi or to an other hotspot device.

cheers
JJB
2022-10-17
Use props
navig8uk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-17 21:37
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. May I please ask what RC are you using? Are you using the DJI RC, RC PRO, or just a standard controller? Also, kindly please sync your flight records on the DJI Fly app. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thank You for your reply, I am using the DJI RC.
After syncing my records on the RC app, I can see the flight in question on the RC but I can still not find the txt file to download. it is obviously there somewhere but I can't find it on the RC. The RC says "1 flight records not uploaded" but when I try to upload it silently fails to do so. Can I download directly from the server or some other way?
2022-10-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

navig8uk Posted at 10-18 13:35
Thank You for your reply, I am using the DJI RC.
After syncing my records on the RC app, I can see the flight in question on the RC but I can still not find the txt file to download. it is obviously there somewhere but I can't find it on the RC. The RC says "1 flight records not uploaded" but when I try to upload it silently fails to do so. Can I download directly from the server or some other way?

Thank you for your response. For you to export the flight records on your DJI RC, you may follow the information below. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

1. Use a USB cable(A to C) to connect DJI RC to a computer. You will see “MTP USB Device” appear in “This PC.”

2. Double-click “MTP USB Device” to open the internal shared storage inside the remote controller. The DJIFlightRecord documents are the flight records. The corresponding flight records can be found, copied, and exported based on time.
2022-10-19
Use props
navig8uk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-19 03:15
Thank you for your response. For you to export the flight records on your DJI RC, you may follow the information below. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

1. Use a USB cable(A to C) to connect DJI RC to a computer. You will see “MTP USB Device” appear in “This PC.”

Thanks but this does not work on a Mac which is pretty odd!
2022-10-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... controller.127069/. it may give you some ideas
2022-10-19
Use props
navig8uk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-19 08:17
Have a look at https://mavicpilots.com/threads/how-to-copy-txt-flight-logs-from-dji-rc-remote-controller.127069/. it may give you some ideas

Thanks Sean,
I had already tried this and I could retrieve all my logs except my last flight log (hence this post topic).
I have no idea why this method didn't work for me.
Plugging the RC into my Mac did not work either (I think there might be compatibility issues that DJI need to address here).
I solved my issue by plugging the RC into a LINUX computer and I was able to access the files and download the flight log.
I haven't tried but DJI Paladin's instructions will probably work on Windows PCs
2022-10-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would just like to clarify something.
Are you saying that the missing log was not visible when you looked via a Mac but was visible when you looked via Linux? If so that's weird lol.
Did you by any chance look via Windows?
2022-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

navig8uk Posted at 10-19 04:31
Thanks but this does not work on a Mac which is pretty odd!

Thank you for your response. You may try using a Windows PC for us to check. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-22
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Hi,  Open the FlyApp, go to Profile.
2022-10-23
Use props
navig8uk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-20 12:12
I would just like to clarify something.
Are you saying that the missing log was not visible when you looked via a Mac but was visible when you looked via Linux? If so that's weird lol.
Did you by any chance look via Windows?

No, I am saying that plugging the RC into my mac (M1 macbook air) does not work full stop. It does not register as a device. I think this is something DJI should look into
2022-10-26
Use props
navig8uk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-22 05:35
Thank you for your response. You may try using a Windows PC for us to check. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Did you just ask ME to buy a windows pc in order to test a problem that YOU have with macbooks?
2022-10-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

navig8uk Posted at 10-26 15:16
No, I am saying that plugging the RC into my mac (M1 macbook air) does not work full stop. It does not register as a device. I think this is something DJI should look into

Ah, sorry I am stumped then.
To this windoze user the way things work with a macbook and iphone is weird lol especially, when between either the macbook or the windoze machine, I have to use iTunes.
I don't use the iphone much so I can't remember which machine wants/needs iTunes.
Any time I want logs off my iphone I have to read the instructions lol
2022-10-26
Use props
djiuser_bmeUPLW3ASOq
New

United States

navig8uk Posted at 2022-10-26 15:16

Clearly this issue has not been addressed as of this time (3/23). My Macbook M1 also does not recognize anything when the RC is connected via USB. And if I remove the SD card from the RC and plug it in to the Macbook via a card reader it sees all the files...but not the flight records. Nice.
2023-3-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_bmeUPLW3ASOq Posted at 3-30 04:36
Clearly this issue has not been addressed as of this time (3/23). My Macbook M1 also does not recognize anything when the RC is connected via USB. And if I remove the SD card from the RC and plug it in to the Macbook via a card reader it sees all the files...but not the flight records. Nice.

did you try this https://forum.phantomhelp.com/t/ ... ote-controller/7756

or https://www.google.co.uk/search? ... client=gws-wiz-serp

2023-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules