DJI MIC NOT WORKING
3102 28 2022-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hirsi
lvl.1
Mexico

Greetings Everyone,

I just recieved my Action 3 today and my Dji MIC does not work. my DJi MIC works with my action 2.

The Action 3 works with other usbc mics I have but not my DJI MIC.

It does work sometimes but it doesn't work most of the time

Thanks
2022-10-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Hirsi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Osmo Action 3 is compatible with the DJI Mic. Kinldy please try to follow the information below on how to properly connect the DJI Mic and the DJI Osmo Action 3 and for us to be able to see if still the issue will persist.

1. Connect the receiver of the DJI Mic to the Osmo Action 3 USB-C port using a Type-C phone adapter.
2. Link the receiver and transmitter of the DJI Mic.

In addition, kindly please remove the DJI Osmo Action 3 Horizontal-Vertical Protective Frame when connecting your DJI Osmo Action 3 to the DJI Mic. Thank you.
2022-10-19
Use props
Hirsi
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-19 21:38
Hello there Hirsi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Osmo Action 3 is compatible with the DJI Mic. Kinldy please try to follow the information below on how to properly connect the DJI Mic and the DJI Osmo Action 3 and for us to be able to see if still the issue will persist.

1. Connect the receiver of the DJI Mic to the Osmo Action 3 USB-C port using a Type-C phone adapter.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The DJI does work with the Action 3. But most of the time it doesn't work.
It works with the Action 2.

I think its a software problem. Because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I attached a youtube link with the problem. its a unlisted video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDdZSuuyDOo&t=15s&ab_channel=FelixReed
2022-10-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hirsi Posted at 10-19 22:52
Thanks for the quick reply.

The DJI does work with the Action 3. But most of the time it doesn't work.

Hi there Hirsi. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these additional information and for providing this video link as well. I will forward these matter to the designated DJI Department for attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you.
2022-10-19
Use props
Hirsi
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-19 23:44
Hi there Hirsi. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these additional information and for providing this video link as well. I will forward these matter to the designated DJI Department for attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you.

I am wondering if a different firmware would help
2022-10-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hirsi Posted at 10-19 23:52
I am wondering if a different firmware would help

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please export the camera logs for us? We would forward it to our engineers and let them further analyze the issue.
1. Go to camera unit System Settings - Device Info. Tap “Export Logs”.
2. Mount the camera unit and front touchscreen module/power module.
Osmo Action 3: Use the USB-C cable to connect Osmo Action 3 to a computer.
3. Select “File Transfer” on the Osmo Action 3/DJI Action 2 screen. Go to “My Computer”. Find the corresponding disc for the Osmo Action 3 (internal storage).
4. export all log files and zip them. Send the entire zipfile back for analysis and confirmation (Also check the time point when the abnormality occurred to determine the log position).
You may upload Logs to Cloud Drive and share the link with us.
2022-10-21
Use props
djiuser_JZOcskWhwfiL
lvl.1

Germany

Good day, I am wondering if you get this issue fixed, as I am experiencing exactly the same. Appreciate your update.
2023-4-4
Use props
AJota23
lvl.1
Spain

Hello Is happeng the same to me.
Is really annoying as I bought the adventure kit the osmo action 3 + the DJI mic because I'm uploading content to social networks. and more than half of the time it doesn't work.
If I connect it to the iphone or Android yes, but not back to the camera.
At first I thought it was when you introduced a new battery, but lately it happens very often. Please, I have spent more than €800 so that now, less than 1 month later, I cannot work because it does not work.

I can't attach the logs as I do not haver permision to place a URL.

Please I need a fix asap, im really happy with the camera + dji mic, but for the price that you are paying whe need an guarantee.
2023-4-11
Use props
AJota23
lvl.1
Spain

AJota23 Posted at 4-11 22:52
Hello Is happeng the same to me.
Is really annoying as I bought the adventure kit the osmo action 3 + the DJI mic because I'm uploading content to social networks. and more than half of the time it doesn't work.
If I connect it to the iphone or Android yes, but not back to the camera.

Hello, do we have any news about this?
2023-4-17
Use props
Andrei sinu
lvl.1
Romania

Any news about this problem? I have the same but even worse when is not showing the mic icon on the screen is just buzzing infernaly
2023-4-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

no video   do show a video example of your issue
2023-4-26
Use props
Andrei sinu
lvl.1
Romania

Fishycomics Posted at 4-26 02:34
no video   do show a video example of your issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA_JKnfsAEU
Hope the link is working
Thanks for the fast response
2023-4-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Andrei sinu Posted at 4-26 04:12

Hope the link is working
Thanks for the fast response

Btw if you go to Advanced and click that Video icon and put video link inside there, it will show up clickable video.

About your video, see mic icon is all red, did you put down db to like -12db or have it at normal volume? Just a thought.

2023-4-26
Use props
Andrei sinu
lvl.1
Romania

johansenfoto Posted at 4-26 04:38
Btw if you go to Advanced and click that Video icon and put video link inside there, it will show up clickable video.

I have just try with -12db is still doing the same thing
Also some time is not connecting at all.
2023-4-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Andrei sinu Posted at 4-26 04:54
I have just try with -12db is still doing the same thing
Also some time is not connecting at all.

Ok, then you have to wait for some solution from DJI
2023-4-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

2023-4-26
Use props
Andrei sinu
lvl.1
Romania

johansenfoto Posted at 4-26 05:01
Ok, then you have to wait for some solution from DJI

Thanks for your time, hope we solve it some how
2023-4-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

to me that is a ground issue , Rf , can it be the  DJI mic, or the DJI action 3. my Rode wireless go was my issue  if I plug to the 3.5MM port. so  if the  DJI mic on your Action was fine, then It points to the Action 3, as the issue, I return for a new one then wait for DJI to  ask  for that sample clip to  give to their Engineer team, and when they have that chance to say its not our camera.

good luck
2023-4-26
Use props
Andrei sinu
lvl.1
Romania

Fishycomics Posted at 4-26 05:20
to me that is a ground issue , Rf , can it be the  DJI mic, or the DJI action 3. my Rode wireless go was my issue  if I plug to the 3.5MM port. so  if the  DJI mic on your Action was fine, then It points to the Action 3, as the issue, I return for a new one then wait for DJI to  ask  for that sample clip to  give to their Engineer team, and when they have that chance to say its not our camera.

good luck

What do I have to do next, is my first time running into issue like this. Do I have to get in contact with Dji service or someone from here will contact me or this topic?
2023-4-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Andrei sinu Posted at 4-26 22:53
What do I have to do next, is my first time running into issue like this. Do I have to get in contact with Dji service or someone from here will contact me or this topic?

You should open a ticket with DJI https://repair.dji.com/no/repair/index
if nobody of them answer here
2023-4-27
Use props
Andrei sinu
lvl.1
Romania

johansenfoto Posted at 4-27 00:01
You should open a ticket with DJI https://repair.dji.com/no/repair/index
if nobody of them answer here

Thanks a lot, have a great day
2023-4-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Andrei sinu Posted at 4-26 22:53

AsJohansenfoto answered.  We are members Like you,  You will need to navigate to the  account page  or so,. if you bought the camera through DJI.

if its new no repair ticket, a return. if pass the  return period then do the repair

no one here will answer   within five minutes of a post of DJI
2023-4-27
Use props
labartkava
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi! Just a quick update. I had this issue and as there was no software fix for it, I have opened a claim and sent it for repairs together with my mics. I have provided the videos same like you guys have made, but the answer was that “technicians have tested and it works with no issues”. So there was an extensive correspondence on how to get this faulty condition, but they were saying that it is just works fine. As an act of good will they have replaced the camera for the new one and I was hoping that it would really solve the issue. After I have received I didn’t use it for some time and today I went traveling and was hoping to get some videos with nice audio, but after 1 hours of working I got the same issue… Mic not being recognized at all or being recognized and recording the high pitch…. Really disappointed off with the outcome. The only thing I noticed is that the first time you use mic it is working Ok, but after you start recording/stopping from the off position of the camera for approximately 10 times the issue comes back…. Frustrated of the fact that DJI doesn’t really try to investigate in that issue.
Update #2. As I was trying to do something on the go before I can claim to DJI again, I've re-boot the receiver for DJI Mic and the issue was gone. Not sure for how long but at least I can carry on with some videos during my travel.
2023-8-7
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

sorry to hear  your issues:

So you recieved your product back and shelved  it so when ready to use, why?  I would want to  test it out as soon as it comes in

1 how firmly are you seating the adapter in to the wireless Mic, do you see the confirmation? maybe send it over and it works ....
2  buy a Fulaim X5, the cost be a lot less and it will work  with no troubles, but let me tell you this, if it is the camera and another does not work, then you got answers

good luck
2023-8-8
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

what are your settings
mic 1. mic 2
receiver  osmo action?

when the mic symbol is permanent red, power off and battery out , start again
2023-8-8
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

what happend you connct the mic with phone??
2023-8-8
Use props
labartkava
lvl.1

Sweden

Fishycomics Posted at 8-8 02:27
sorry to hear  your issues:

So you recieved your product back and shelved  it so when ready to use, why?  I would want to  test it out as soon as it comes in

The camera was shelved, as I was hoping to get camera back by the time I went to 3 months business trip, but DJI had a delay with sending it back to me, so I managed to test it only once I’ve returned back home. As I mentioned, after the issues came back again, I have re-started the DJI mic receiver and it started to work. So I guess the issues might be the receiver, not the camera.
2023-8-12
Use props
labartkava
lvl.1

Sweden

lutzmix Posted at 8-8 09:02
what happend you connct the mic with phone??

It works perfectly. I checked with Apple and Android products.
2023-8-12
Use props
labartkava
lvl.1

Sweden

lutzmix Posted at 8-8 05:10
what are your settings
mic 1. mic 2
receiver  osmo action?

The settings are deafult. Receiver is DJI MIC connected to DJI Osmo Action 3 with adapter. Actually re-setting the receiver helped, without re-setting the camera.
2023-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules