Record button on Motion controller not working?
1579 14 2022-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thisisjoey1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1214393 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,
Just got my avata and have taken it on a handful of flights, and just recently the record button on the motion controller is no longer responding and I cannot initiate the drone to record video. Any insight why this might be? All firmware I up to date, no visual damage on the motion controller itself. Do I need to have the drone itself in any sort of "flight state" in order to initiate recording? Thanks!
2022-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please update/refresh the firmware of all the components then link them again to check if the issue persists? You may refer to the tutorial below for your reference on connecting the DJI Avata. Please keep us posted.

2022-10-23
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Sweden

Just a tip, format your SD cards with the menu option in the goggles (get data from them if you still need it)
This might fix it. Had a strange issue once and formated and was fine again.
2022-10-23
Use props
thisisjoey1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-23 19:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please update/refresh the firmware of all the components then link them again to check if the issue persists? You may refer to the tutorial below for your reference on connecting the DJI Avata. Please keep us posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFo_KpXHcYE&t=416s

Hi there, this did not unfortunately work. refreshed the firmware on the motion controller and the record button is still unresponsive. Currently, my only workaround is to apply the setting for the drone to begin recording immediately upon take off.
2022-10-24
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

thisisjoey1 Posted at 10-24 13:02
Hi there, this did not unfortunately work. refreshed the firmware on the motion controller and the record button is still unresponsive. Currently, my only workaround is to apply the setting for the drone to begin recording immediately upon take off.

Did you reset the firmware on all of the Avata components? Just the MC? Be sure to update all components as Paladin mentioned.
2022-10-24
Use props
thisisjoey1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 10-24 13:19
Did you reset the firmware on all of the Avata components? Just the MC? Be sure to update all components as Paladin mentioned.

So the only thing that is showing up for me in the DJI assistant app (I am using the FPV series version), is the motion controller. Should the goggles and the drone itself show up as well when plugged into my PC? Right now neither the goggles nor the drone are showing up in the assistant...
2022-10-24
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Sweden

thisisjoey1 Posted at 10-24 16:32
So the only thing that is showing up for me in the DJI assistant app (I am using the FPV series version), is the motion controller. Should the goggles and the drone itself show up as well when plugged into my PC? Right now neither the goggles nor the drone are showing up in the assistant...

Looks like you just ignored my message... and didnt try it...
2022-10-24
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

So the only thing that is showing up for me in the DJI assistant app (I am using the FPV series version), is the motion controller. Should the goggles and the drone itself show up as well when plugged into my PC? Right now neither the goggles nor the drone are showing up in the assistant...

You have to use the
     DJI Assitant 2 "for consumer drones"!

That's really important for all components of the Avata...
2022-10-24
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

So the only thing that is showing up for me in the DJI assistant app (I am using the FPV series version), is the motion controller. Should the goggles and the drone itself show up as well when plugged into my PC? Right now neither the goggles nor the drone are showing up in the assistant...

I'm sorry, I should have been a bit more clear. You need to use the "Assistant 2 Consumer" app for the Avata and Goggles. The MC is discovered via the "DJI FPV Series" version of the app as you have discovered.
2022-10-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

thisisjoey1 Posted at 10-24 13:02
Hi there, this did not unfortunately work. refreshed the firmware on the motion controller and the record button is still unresponsive. Currently, my only workaround is to apply the setting for the drone to begin recording immediately upon take off.

Thank you for your response. Kindly please use the DJI Assistant 2 version below and please connect all the components then try to link them again to see if the issue persists.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-10-25
Use props
thisisjoey1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Nees Posted at 10-24 20:53
Looks like you just ignored my message... and didnt try it...

I didn't ignore your message. I reformatted the SD card, and that did not work. The record button is not functioning when I separately attempt to record to either the internal storage or to an SD card. Thanks for your suggestion.
2022-10-25
Use props
thisisjoey1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-25 03:18
Thank you for your response. Kindly please use the DJI Assistant 2 version below and please connect all the components then try to link them again to see if the issue persists.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Thanks, I refreshed the goggles, Avata, as well as the motion controller and unfortunately, the record button on the controller is still not responding. I will call customer service to dig further into this.
2022-10-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

thisisjoey1 Posted at 10-25 13:31
Thanks, I refreshed the goggles, Avata, as well as the motion controller and unfortunately, the record button on the controller is still not responding. I will call customer service to dig further into this.

Hi, Thisisjoey1. Thank you for the update. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-25
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

thisisjoey1 Posted at 10-25 13:29
I didn't ignore your message. I reformatted the SD card, and that did not work. The record button is not functioning when I separately attempt to record to either the internal storage or to an SD card. Thanks for your suggestion.

To be sure, you also have an SD card in the goggles?

What I had was the goggles doing something very weird with auto record on. And had to format the SD Card in the goggles again.

Also, try to enable record on liftoff. Then try to fly and see if it WILL start to recrod on both your goggles and aircraft. If that doesnt work, not sure its the MC. But its a good test.
2022-10-25
Use props
thisisjoey1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Nees Posted at 10-25 19:46
To be sure, you also have an SD card in the goggles?

What I had was the goggles doing something very weird with auto record on. And had to format the SD Card in the goggles again.

I don't have an SD card in the goggles, just the Avata. The record button on the MC had been working for the first couple of days or so. Thankfully, record on liftoff does work, which I am using as a workaround for now, and makes me believe it has something to do with the MC itself, but I'm not certain.
2022-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules