DJI AVATA no downward facing sensors
941 5 2022-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orelliz
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi

I just recently got my dji avata and it seems impossible to fly indoors. It's like my 7th fpv drone but I can't manage to fly indoor in normal mode. There are no satelites which makes sense but why are the downwards sensor not working?

The drone keeps shifting and floating around and doesn't really care about my stick inputs.

It's literally unflyable.

Is there something I miss?

Thanks
2022-10-26
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Could be not enough light, or the surface characteristic of the floor.I believe it doesn't work well in reflective surfaces.
Try turning on all the lights and try different floor surface.
2022-10-26
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

nosnoop Posted at 10-26 17:09
Could be not enough light, or the surface characteristic of the floor.I believe it doesn't work well in reflective surfaces.
Try turning on all the lights and try different floor surface.

Agreed with you.
I have done many flights inside my house at night with fpv controller 2, it needs enough light and not too reflective floor.
Hint:
Make sure you set HOVER when there is no signal, return to home will cause the Avata hit the ceiling or objects hehe.
Motion Control needs good satellites signal to control the Avata so be careful when flight inside.
Enjoy your flight
2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Orelliz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Avata's vision system cannot work properly over surfaces without clear pattern variations or where the light is too weak or too strong. The vision system cannot work properly in the following situations listed below. Thank you.

2022-10-26
Use props
Orelliz
lvl.1
Switzerland

nosnoop Posted at 10-26 17:09
Try turning on all the lights and try different floor surface.

okay thanks for the information.

the light should not be a problem but my floor is made of white square plates. i thought by the square shape (black lines between the squares) the floor would have enough structure.
I will try to fly the drone at a later time in another house.
2022-10-27
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Hint: Make sure you set HOVER when there is no signal, return to home will cause the Avata hit the ceiling or objects hehe.
2022-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules