Mini 3 pro gimbal vibrating noise on startup
7064 19 2022-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MacGyver007
lvl.1
Colombia

Something strange manifested on my mini 3, now all of a sudden when I first turn it on, the gimbal makes a strange buzzing sound for a few seconds which never happened before.
No crashes or mishaps, just out of the blue this annoying vibrating buzzing sound. Sometimes it makes a noise for longer period of time, but it used to be completely silent.
I did auto gimbal calibration and made no difference. It sounds like something is grinding up inside, whatever the case, it is a new unwanted development.
What to do in this situation?

2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience. Please make sure to remove first the gimbal protector before you turn on the Mini 3 Pro. We recommend also doing all the updates as there are new updates released today, October 26. 2022. Firmware versions are as follows:
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400
DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.14.0400
DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.02.0000
DJI RC Pro Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.1000
DJI Fly App iOS: v1.7.8
DJI Fly App Android: v1.7.8

After performing all the updates, kindly do the gimbal calibration once again. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-10-26
Use props
MacGyver007
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for thinking that people are too stupid to realize that a gimbal cover must be removed and have no concept of what it is, how insulting...
I did not just buy the drone and make a first post here, I have had the mini 3 for over 3 months without issue and without gimbal problems.
I dont see how a firmware update can fix something which has manifested itself for no reason, whereby the drone was working 100% with the same firmware.
For what its worth, the mini 3 is using the 1.03 firmware since it was released, and since 1.04 is a point of no return I dont see that as any means of fixing anything, more of a "lets hope and pray". Due to the horrible track record of DJI with firmware I dont want to take a chance to brick my drone.

I have powered the mini 3 on over a hundred times and it has always been silent, now suddenly it makes a vibrating noise for around 3 seconds during startup check.
It has been clearly stated that the drone has NO DAMAGE WHATSOEVER, but as usual a uselss canned response from DJI support is the only "support".
I have seen others post on this forum having the same exact issue and seemingly with similar circumstances, at present I dont feel like scouring this forum for the responses, it would be like looking for a 30064 error on here with over 800 responses (just 1 example)
2022-10-27
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

I had 2 drones do this. Had DJI replace them each time.
2022-10-27
Use props
MacGyver007
lvl.1
Colombia

It seems that this issue even happens right out of the box before a flight, such amazing quality control....
I found a couple of other threads with the same issue:
Gimbal noise
More gimbal noise

Why does DJI always act like the incident is a one-off and like they have never heard of such a thing?
This should be in a "known issues thread" along with all the wonderful 30064 errors and other shortfalls
2022-10-28
Use props
djiuser_doHJMnrndiES
New
Flight distance : 131247 ft
Portugal

Good Morning.
I have precisely the same problem since yesterday. I turned on the MP3 to take a flight and noticed that the gimbal made a noise I had never made before. I've turned it on and off a number of times, sometimes it takes 2 to 3 seconds, other times it takes a little longer!
Then it stops and the system seems to work normally.
What could have happened? the noise is really uncomfortable.
2022-10-29
Use props
MacGyver007
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-26 15:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience. Please make sure to remove first the gimbal protector before you turn on the Mini 3 Pro. We recommend also doing all the updates as there are new updates released today, October 26. 2022. Firmware versions are as follows:
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400
DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.14.0400

Well, I updated the firmware and it made no difference at all, if anything, it buzzes more during the startup, now it is 2 tones of vibration lasting around 5 seconds.
I knew a firmware update would not stop motor buzzing but DJI loves to give useless information and try to evade issues.
There are plenty of other users with this same DEFECT.
So since I am in South America what is the procedure to get this fixed?
Now my mini 3 is stuck on 1.04 firmware and cannot downgrade.
FWIW the issue started out of the blue using the 1.03 firmware and the drone was never involved in any crash or accident.

2022-11-4
Use props
RogerLswe
lvl.2
Sweden

My drone also have the gimbal noise at startup. I feels like it started to appear when I upgraded to 1.00.0300 firmware. I would love to downgrade if it was possible.
2022-11-4
Use props
MacGyver007
lvl.1
Colombia

RogerLswe Posted at 11-4 10:39
My drone also have the gimbal noise at startup. I feels like it started to appear when I upgraded to 1.00.0300 firmware. I would love to downgrade if it was possible.

Mine was fine on the 1.03 until a couple of weeks ago, and the noise just started randomly, sometimes it vibrates longer than others, sometimes only vibrates with 1 tone, sometimes 2.
This seems to be a hardware defect where no firmware can fix it.
Just to rule out the firmware, I followed DJI instructions to update to 1.04 and now I cannot revert to the old firmware.

2022-11-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MacGyver007 Posted at 11-4 08:17
Well, I updated the firmware and it made no difference at all, if anything, it buzzes more during the startup, now it is 2 tones of vibration lasting around 5 seconds.
I knew a firmware update would not stop motor buzzing but DJI loves to give useless information and try to evade issues.
There are plenty of other users with this same DEFECT.

Hi, MacGyver007. Thank you for the response. We apologize for the confusion, we don't mean to feel you that way, we just need to put every small and big detail to help with the customer's concerns. Moving on, please send us a video with following the methods below for further assessment:
1. In a quiet environment, place the aircraft on a horizontal platform. Remove the propellers and power on the aircraft. Push the remote controller sticks to start up the motors.
2. After the motors rotate without a load, listen carefully to determine whether each motor has a metal friction sound. If there is the sound of any friction or foreign matter, proceed to Step 3.
3. At a place 50 cm above the aircraft, shoot a video more than 20 seconds long without blocking the recording device’s microphone.

Please upload the video/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-6
Use props
MacGyver007
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-6 15:45
Hi, MacGyver007. Thank you for the response. We apologize for the confusion, we don't mean to feel you that way, we just need to put every small and big detail to help with the customer's concerns. Moving on, please send us a video with following the methods below for further assessment:
1. In a quiet environment, place the aircraft on a horizontal platform. Remove the propellers and power on the aircraft. Push the remote controller sticks to start up the motors.
2. After the motors rotate without a load, listen carefully to determine whether each motor has a metal friction sound. If there is the sound of any friction or foreign matter, proceed to Step 3.

Hi,
The prop motors are fine so your suggestion for that test seems to be pointless.
My GIMBAL makes a noise similar to this video, but for a longer period, and now its a higher pitched vibration followed by a lower pitch lasting around 3-5 seconds.
2022-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MacGyver007 Posted at 11-6 16:29
Hi,
The prop motors are fine so your suggestion for that test seems to be pointless.
My GIMBAL makes a noise similar to this video, but for a longer period, and now its a higher pitched vibration followed by a lower pitch lasting around 3-5 seconds.

Hi, MacGyver007. Thank you for the video. This concern is already been forwarded to our designated team and we are waiting for updates. As soon as we get one, we will surely keep you posted. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MacGyver007 Posted at 11-6 16:29
Hi,

Hi, MacGyver007.  Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received an update from our relevant team. They would like to know if there's any error message on the app.  If there is an error please let us know the error message and code, otherwise please try to shoot a video and see if a jello effect appears; If yes, please send it back to us for testing.  Kindly start creating a case here: https://www.dji.com/support/repair. If you need assistance with creating a repair case, you can contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2022-11-8
Use props
MacGyver007
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-8 08:48
Hi, MacGyver007.  Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received an update from our relevant team. They would like to know if there's any error message on the app.  If there is an error please let us know the error message and code, otherwise please try to shoot a video and see if a jello effect appears; If yes, please send it back to us for testing.  Kindly start creating a case here: https://www.dji.com/support/repair. If you need assistance with creating a repair case, you can contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

There is no error message in the app, gimbal calibration works fine, I will try to shoot some video to see if there is any instability, but at any rate, my mini 3 was not like this when I bought it over 3 months ago, it was completely silent for the gimbal. To me it is a hardware defect similar to the faulty o-ring in the camera assembly.
This product was rushed to market with too many issues, and still has too many unresolved ones.
Edit: I just did a test flight with video and there is no jello effect as seen in other videos, video looks ok to me.

2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MacGyver007 Posted at 11-8 11:40
There is no error message in the app, gimbal calibration works fine, I will try to shoot some video to see if there is any instability, but at any rate, my mini 3 was not like this when I bought it over 3 months ago, it was completely silent for the gimbal. To me it is a hardware defect similar to the faulty o-ring in the camera assembly.
This product was rushed to market with too many issues, and still has too many unresolved ones.
Edit: I just did a test flight with video and there is no jello effect as seen in other videos, video looks ok to me.

Hi, MacGyver007. Thank you for the update and we are sincerely sorry you are going through these difficulties. Even if it does not have a jello effect, we highly recommend that you send your drone back to us for further diagnosis and repair. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-9
Use props
MacGyver007
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 10:35
Hi, MacGyver007. Thank you for the update and we are sincerely sorry you are going through these difficulties. Even if it does not have a jello effect, we highly recommend that you send your drone back to us for further diagnosis and repair. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

I followed the link and it says for Colombia South america to contact DJI support, is that via phone?
2022-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MacGyver007 Posted at 11-8 11:40

Hi there. We have chat, email, and phone support that can assist you with creating a repair ticket, you may contact them at this link: https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your support. Stay safe always!
2022-11-16
Use props
djiuser_b3i4zPDfJRhf
New
Flight distance : 9721 ft
Malaysia

Hi Dji Team,

I Have bought a DJi Mini 3 Pro Drone from Malaysia
And facing thr same issue where gimbal is making a sqerky noise , and on High Altitudes Drone Footage is wobbly , But in Sinilar Heights in Night drone footage looks good.
What can be the Problem?
2023-5-18
Use props
djiuser_9LVX0v44Jxrh
New

United States

MacGyver007 Posted at 2022-11-6 16:29
Hi,

Hey man. My mini 3 pro was doing the same thing. Its the shock absorber in the gambal. The gimbal has 3 plastic tabs that pressure fit in the rubber shock absorber. I fixed my with no new parts. Poped it back in. And it's fine. Back to normal. Let me know if you have any questions.
2023-9-4
Use props
Cedric “Ceddi2Cold” Grandberry
New

United States

djiuser_9LVX0v44Jxrh Posted at 9-4 12:05
Hey man. My mini 3 pro was doing the same thing. Its the shock absorber in the gambal. The gimbal has 3 plastic tabs that pressure fit in the rubber shock absorber. I fixed my with no new parts. Poped it back in. And it's fine. Back to normal. Let me know if you have any questions.

How did you fix do you have a video you followed?
2023-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules