IOS 16.1 and DJI GO 4 issue?
3770 13 2022-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeaDon
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

I had an image transmission isssue when trying to use my Mavic 2 Pro. Just a black screen, it could take pictures still and i assume fly, just no preview. After all day of downgrading firmware and upgrading firmware and uninstalling and re-installing GO 4 app i was about to give up. I decided to try my wife's iPhone without the newest update and bam it works. So it has to be a compatibility issue with the new iOS? Anyone else have this issue?
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there LeaDon. I am sorry to read and to know about this issue and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.
2022-10-27
Use props
LeaDon
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-27 20:20
Hello there LeaDon. I am sorry to read and to know about this issue and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

Thanks for replying. I’m currently using an iPhone 12 Pro Max.
2022-10-28
Use props
LeaDon
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-27 20:20

I also don’t know why it says Mavic mini under my name, I fly a Mavic 2 Pro.
2022-10-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

LeaDon Posted at 10-28 01:42
Thanks for replying. I’m currently using an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Hi there LeaDon. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these information. After checking the mobile device ( iPhone 12 Pro Max ) that you are using on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 Pro Max will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ). Thank you.
2022-10-28
Use props
LeaDon
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-28 02:35
Hi there LeaDon. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these information. After checking the mobile device ( iPhone 12 Pro Max ) that you are using on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 Pro Max will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ). Thank you.

I should mention that my wife’s phone is the 12 Pro Max as well but not updated to the ios 16.1 update and it works fine. Up until I updated mine I’ve been using the 12 Pro max dozens of times with M2P since I bought it almost 2 years ago. I’m not sure why it’s “not optimized yet” As I’ve been using it and personally know it worked fine till my software update. But by your link you referenced it says up to iPhone X. Are you saying in order for me to use my M2P I have to buy an older device and DJI GO 4 you guys aren’t updating to the newer iPhone and android phones?
2022-10-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

LeaDon Posted at 10-28 03:05
I should mention that my wife’s phone is the 12 Pro Max as well but not updated to the ios 16.1 update and it works fine. Up until I updated mine I’ve been using the 12 Pro max dozens of times with M2P since I bought it almost 2 years ago. I’m not sure why it’s “not optimized yet” As I’ve been using it and personally know it worked fine till my software update. But by your link you referenced it says up to iPhone X. Are you saying in order for me to use my M2P I have to buy an older device and DJI GO 4 you guys aren’t updating to the newer iPhone and android phones?

Hi there LeaDon. Thank you for giving out these update. Please rest assured that support for additional mobile devices available as testing and development continues for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.
2022-10-30
Use props
GloriaH
lvl.1

United States

same problem
2022-11-2
Use props
LeaDon
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

GloriaH Posted at 11-2 00:17
same problem
I’m not sure if this helps but once I connected it to phone that wasn’t updated to iOS 16.1 and was able to get a preview I shut it down and reconnected my phone that does have iOS 16.1, it just started working. It was definitely odd and I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s a fix but… that worked for me.
2022-11-2
Use props
DaGickXx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 549656 ft

France

hi all,
did you guys noticed anything better with the 16.1.1 update ?
I'm wondering if I have to do this update (I'm currently still in v15)
2022-12-10
Use props
DaGickXx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 549656 ft

France

and now 16.3....
2022-12-15
Use props
LeaDon
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

DaGickXx Posted at 12-15 17:53
and now 16.3....

Everything works fine I’m happy to say now with any update I’ve done with my phone. Hope you have no issues with yours.
2022-12-16
Use props
PNP
New

Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-10-30 22:46
Hi there LeaDon. Thank you for giving out these update. Please rest assured that support for additional mobile devices available as testing and development continues for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

Same issue here with IOS 16.2 (Iphone 14 Pro MAX) and a Spark
Any suggestion to have this fixed?

2023-1-19
Use props
djiuser_aPjjjIp3IVjV
New
Flight distance : 13704 ft

United States

hola mi mavic pro lo vuelo en un iphone 8plus con ios 16.2 ahora dji go no conecta la aeronave si lo puedo hacer con android pero no en ios 16.2
2023-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules