Terrible Customer Service
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gmancuso
New

United States

I received my Phantom 3 professional with a defective controller.  It has a bad USB port.  In mid flight I will get a disconnected message.  I have tried using different cables with no luck.  I have contacted customer service and they gave me a control number but no RMA or return instructions.  I filled out the required form and sent it to them with no response. Also, I can't upgrade my firmware on the controller.  I can't get customer service to return any of my emails.  Their phone number cuts me off because of high call volume.  I want an exchange because I contracted them within 7 days of receiving the unit.  I live in Houston Texas.  This has been a terrible customer service experience!!!

2015-8-12
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Can you provide a screen shot of the disconnected message? The most common reason for disconnection to video display is the data link to the controller is lost, not the USB link failing.
2015-8-12
Use props
EpicDroner
New

Colombia

you should make sure your brain is working at top levels before you look stupid when DJI tells you that it was user error lol.  play with it a little... the worst thing you can do is just assume its messed up and send it back only to get a response like "your usb cable is crap... replace it."  
2015-8-12
Use props
druiz100
lvl.2

United States

Just remember that say it will take 6 to 8 weeks to repair.  However is don't say that will let the box set there for 2 weeks before they check it in for repair or that time to shipped it back.   so it more like 9 to 11 weeks.   There was a site where a bored DJI employee posted a pic of the huge number of boxes people sent in with P3Ps just sitting there for weeks.   They are backed up big time
2015-8-12
Use props
walterm
lvl.1

United States

That is very disheartening because I just entered big DJI phantom line
2015-8-12
Use props
frandenr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4026 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sent my P3P in for repair 8 weeks ago. No word yet. Good luck.
2015-8-12
Use props
pasohaze
New
United States

Its been two months since I sent my newP2V+ back in with issues. It worked great out of the box, then after updating the drone and controller, I started getting "Lost Control Signal when it got 50-100 feet away, along with the camera gimbal acting like its having a seizure. Online, I see activity on my P2 every couple of weeks. I'm thinking their moving it to a different shelf or blowing the dust off the box. It might be growing pains, but its still horrible customer service.
2015-8-16
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Call them in the morning- you'll get through then (if your phantom is in LA like mine). Be nice. They told me exactly what my status was. They told you to do this. They cannot contact you - they are repairing thousands of them mostly from crashes.  I am pleased with what they are doing. I am an adult, though.
2015-8-16
Use props
Skater67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

Wow, what a bummer.

Just another option does the credit card you used have "Purchase Protection" or "Return Protection?"  I'm sure it would take time to implement either one but it might be an option.  Also, if you bought from a authorized dealer or retailer I would check their return policy.

Best of luck and hope you get flying soon.
2015-8-16
Use props
walterm
lvl.1

United States

I wasn't able to get through on the phantom line so I just pressed the Inspire option and they switched me to a phantom rep right away.
2015-8-17
Use props
phansen2246
New

United States

Worst customer service I have ever delt with. The phone line is always overloaded and they don't respond to your email.
2015-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules