Filming/Photographing Fireworks Advice Please
461 10 2022-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

I intend to try and film/photography an organised firework display next week in the UK.https://www.deanclough.com/event ... rework-extravaganza

Can anyone offer any video and photo settings advice, please?
1080p instead of 4K for example?
Would orbiting the area result in blurred video, compared to flying in straight lines towards/away from the area?

I'm not going to fly through them or over crownds of people. Maybe orbit around the location (the fireworks will be launched from the top of a building, according to the photo in the link above).

Thank you.
2022-10-29
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Only 4k@30, 4k@60
Manual camera settings. Otherwise, bright flashes may change the parameters.
2022-10-29
Use props
55Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Figured out that turning sharpening to -2 decreases noise in dark areas quite a bit, also improves detail in darker areas.
2022-10-29
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Drone.Hunter Posted at 10-29 08:08
Only 4k@30, 4k@60
Manual camera settings. Otherwise, bright flashes may change the parameters.

Thank you.
2022-10-29
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

55Media Posted at 10-29 08:36
Figured out that turning sharpening to -2 decreases noise in dark areas quite a bit, also improves detail in darker areas.

Thank you.
2022-10-29
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-29 12:02
I record in 4K Auto at 30 fps with good results from various birds..  I would not use 60 fps as in Auto this will double the ISO & increase noise.  Make sure to get a good focus.

Mavic 2 Pro

Thank you very much. The videos are spectacular.

Would you recommend keeping the drone as still as possible when filming at night? I noticed, apart from flying straight towards the fireworks, you mainly hovered. Would orbiting the fireworks (if they were in range) give blurred footage (especially the building lights)?
2022-10-29
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-29 12:35
I was flying in from a mile or two out & had to keep aware of circling helicopters else I would have moved around more.  You should be fine moving or orbiting just be smooth.  A Mini 3 should be really good with the F 1.7 lens gathering even more light than those in in these videos.

Thank you.
That's good to know.
2022-10-29
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-29 12:55
If you're curious about results moving around at night, provided there is plenty of lights to define the area, even old birds like the Phantom 3 Standard did a decent job.  The newer birds are much better.  This was only recorded in standard HD (1080), again in 30 fps Auto.

https://youtu.be/0Fl0e91hAi4

Again, thank you post the video. Truly amazing piloting and footage.
I'm very impressed by the dynamic range, range of the drone and no loss of the signal as you fly around the buildings.
2022-10-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here. You may also want to check other tips and techniques on Youtube for you to work on this footage. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-29
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you Dirty Bird and DJI Paladin  :-)
2022-10-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-29 12:02
I record in 4K Auto at 30 fps with good results from various birds..  I would not use 60 fps as in Auto this will double the ISO & increase noise.  Make sure to get a good focus.

Mavic 2 Pro

Spectacular fireworks videos Dirty Bird.  
2022-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules