OA3 Low Light?
2670 12 2022-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Urbsi
lvl.3
Germany

I sent my OA3 back to DJI, cos they gave me the opportunity to check the focus issue within the warranty. So, they checked it and send me a new camera. Yeah!
Date of production 08/22.

But: Every move I make, the image is like shaky. 4K30, Rocksteady on. RS off: No shaking. RS on: Shaking image. Maybe I made something wrong. But: out of the box and the the latest FW-Update: Image is shaking. Calibration: check. Image is shaking.

Edit: Could it be a Low Light thing? Would that be normal?

2022-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

it doesn’t sound like other problems, so before you ship it off again try factory re set and see if that helps.
2022-10-29
Use props
Urbsi
lvl.3
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 10-29 09:57
it doesn’t sound like other problems, so before you ship it off again try factory re set and see if that helps.

Tried it twice. Same result. I guess I’ll have to send it back again.
2022-10-29
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

Thats strange, did you make a factory reset and horizpn calibration ?

Edit. Sorry i was asked by hallmark already.

Thats what i'm worries to send back. It must be a unit 100% fixed or new produced unit wout focus issue since i need to send to Europe and wait for long. I am still taking shots and tests which im not sure mine has issue(s) when i check these kind of units have real problems.
2022-10-29
Use props
Urbsi
lvl.3
Germany

TNQ Posted at 10-29 09:59
Thats strange, did you make a factory reset and horizpn calibration ?

Yes. Both. Reset even twice.
2022-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Urbsi Posted at 10-29 09:59
Tried it twice. Same result. I guess I’ll have to send it back again.

Its an RMA So. Bummer…
2022-10-29
Use props
Urbsi
lvl.3
Germany

I'll try, what the issue could be..
2022-10-29
Use props
Urbsi
lvl.3
Germany

Ok, I did some further testing. Is it possible, that in low light you always have these shaking images? And low light means like normal light in an Appartement in the evening.

He seems to have the same issues. Is it because of low light? https://youtu.be/Sw2ykL5EpDY
2022-10-29
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This shaky in low light issue is largely resolved if you turn off EIS = Electronic Image Stabilisation.
(When not in pro mode) tap the sliders icon, there are only two buttons one scrolls a long label about prioritise EIS in low light or something similar.
It is confusing as it isn't clear if you are turning it on or off. But you want the option where screen goes a bit darker.
If you then got to Pro mode what you selected still applies.
If Rocksteady is off you won't be able to change this EIS setting it is disabled.
2022-10-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Urbsi Posted at 10-29 11:05
Ok, I did some further testing. Is it possible, that in low light you always have these shaking images? And low light means like normal light in an Appartement in the evening.

He seems to have the same issues. Is it because of low light? https://youtu.be/Sw2ykL5EpDY

Hi, Urbsi. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience.

When EIS (RockSteady, HorizonSteady, or HorizonBalancing) is enabled, the shutter speed is demanding and will magnify the motion blur generated during movement.

To ensure stable video footage in low-light/dark environments, it is recommended to use the device following the steps below:

1. Enable "Low light stabilization" mode (with PRO mode disabled).

2. Try to hold the camera stably when shooting.

3. Try to shoot in a bright environment.

4. Choose M mode in “Exposure”, and set ISO to 100-12800, and shutter speed to at least 1/200s, as in, 1/200, 1/400, and 1/500. That is, the faster the shutter speed, the better.

5. Disable EIS to see if the video footage can meet your shooting needs.
2022-10-29
Use props
Urbsi
lvl.3
Germany

Ok, thanks guys. I’ll try and sorry for the confusion and my „dumb“ questions.
2022-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Urbsi Posted at 10-29 11:57
Ok, thanks guys. I’ll try and sorry for the confusion and my „dumb“ questions.

Sorted so hope it works out for you.
2022-10-29
Use props
Urbsi
lvl.3
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 10-29 12:50
Sorted so hope it works out for you.

Yeah, now this one is fixed, we just need a solved focus issuing thing. But I can't say anything toothache topic so far..
2022-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules