1929 16 2022-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
domin45670
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225118 ft
Poland

Hi everyone

I would like to share with you my observations about the newest DJI FLY 1.7.8 on Android.

I believe that you will be able to check them by yourself and the DJI will be able to prepare some fixes in the next version ;)

1. In the previous version (DJI FLY 1.7.5) I was able to export video cache file to my Google Drive using DJI FLY. I had to click export icon and then "..." to see more options and there was an option to export it to my Google Drive.
In DJI FLY 1.7.8 when I click "..." to see more options I can see a message translated to my language which is similar to "application not installed". And nothing is happening. My friend also tried it on his phone and got the same message. So we were unable to export these files directly from the DJI FLY 1.7.8. This has been checked on Android 8 and 10.

2. If I try to change my avatar on my DJI FLY account, I have to click "done" (or save, I'm not sure what is the english name of this button) to save the changes and then I can see a message similar to "check your internet connection". I know that this is completely not so important and I am not sure if it was possible in the previous version. This has been checked on Android 8 only.

I hope that you will add some other observations

2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_buE5kUWEsqmy
New
Denmark

I've updated (by force, the app crashed over and over until I updated) and my drone is practically bricked. I am limited to 100ft vertical, 160 ft horizontal, in open countryside 20 miles from the nearest warning zone. There's no indication of a "beginner mode" being force set, and my sliders are way above those limits. Which update did this come in on, and is there any way to roll it back?
2022-10-30
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Poland

Did you try to uninstal DJI FLY and install it again?
2022-10-30
Use props
PesoCat
New
Denmark

domin45670 Posted at 10-30 08:09
Did you try to uninstal DJI FLY and install it again?

I didn't reinstall the new update, only replaced the old version of the app (which was 1.2.something iirc). It seems like the kind of thing that's some hidden optional switch, or, much worse, a "safety" setting hardcoded because as any gov regulator will tell you, drones more than 160ft from the operator are flying buzzsaws aimed straight at airliners. I don't have a way of testing without a bit of a journey, and there's no indication I'm on some sort of anti-terror mode, it's never happened before.
2022-10-30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Delete the app.  Reboot the device.  Then reinstall.
2022-10-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_buE5kUWEsqmy Posted at 10-30 07:23
I've updated (by force, the app crashed over and over until I updated) and my drone is practically bricked. I am limited to 100ft vertical, 160 ft horizontal, in open countryside 20 miles from the nearest warning zone. There's no indication of a "beginner mode" being force set, and my sliders are way above those limits. Which update did this come in on, and is there any way to roll it back?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to fly the unit to a different location to see if the issue persists? In addition, please make sure that you are logged in to the DJI Fly app to avoid any flight restrictions also fly the unit in an open space away from any possible signal interference. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hi there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please take a screen recording showing the issue with exporting the video cache? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-30
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-30 19:25
Hi there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please take a screen recording showing the issue with exporting the video cache? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi DJI Paladin

Please see a snip below as I don't have an app to record my screen

I checked again if it's possible to change my avatar but it seems that today is working fine. So probably it could be some kind of the server issue.
2022-10-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

domin45670 Posted at 10-30 23:18
Hi DJI Paladin

Please see a snip below as I don't have an app to record my screen[view_image]

Thank you for your response. Were you able to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device again for the last time and check if the issue persists? Please let us know. Thank you.
2022-10-31
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-31 02:45
Thank you for your response. Were you able to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device again for the last time and check if the issue persists? Please let us know. Thank you.

Hi DJI Paladin

Unfortunately at this moment I am unable to do this because that probably may cause that my flight logs will be removed.
I have an opened request on DJI Support so I may need these logs and cache files.

However I'm sure that my friend who also has the newest DJI FLY 1.7.8 also has this issue. In the DJI FLY 1.7.5 we both were able to upload cache files to other destinations. In 1.7.8 we are not.
2022-10-31
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

domin45670 Posted at 10-31 04:49
Hi DJI Paladin

Unfortunately at this moment I am unable to do this because that probably may cause that my flight logs will be removed.

You can just copy the TXT files off to your computer and then reinstall the app.
2022-10-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ditto the above, copy every thing you want to save to computer. Additionally then manually delete, via computer, every "dji.go.v5" you can find then instal the app of your choice..
2022-10-31
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Poland

I did it
Meanwhile DJI FLY 1.8.0 has been released. I checked export cache file and in 1.8.0 is exactly the same situation (application not installed). During reviewing DJI FLY 1.8.0 I realised that advanced gimbal settings are gone so I am unable to set yaw speed etc. I returned to 1.7.8 and in this version advanced gimbal settings are present. I checked again exporting cache files. Still nothing changed.
2022-11-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

domin45670 Posted at 11-2 12:40
I did it
Meanwhile DJI FLY 1.8.0 has been released. I checked export cache file and in 1.8.0 is exactly the same situation (application not installed). During reviewing DJI FLY 1.8.0 I realised that advanced gimbal settings are gone so I am unable to set yaw speed etc. I returned to 1.7.8 and in this version advanced gimbal settings are present. I checked again exporting cache files. Still nothing changed.

Yes, the settings are there. just under a different name. Reinstall 1.8.0 and look around a little longer under the Control tab.
2022-11-2
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Poland

Hm, I checked it a few times and there was no new name. Just there was something missing. I checked it a couple of times under every option. For example, under gimbal there was only FPV/normal (I forgot the name for non FPV gimbal mode ), gimbal up enable/disable and gimbal calibration. I didn't see anything else. So I checked everywhere and couldn't find it. Of course it may be possible that I'm too tired today to see it
I finally back to 1.7.8 because I had to make some snips of the gimbal settings. Tomorrow my drone will fly away to DJI because of some preview issues Maybe until it will back, there will be a stable DJI FLY version.
In my opinion the last stable version for me it was 1.6.8 and maybe 1.7.5 but I didn't fly too long on 1.7.5.
2022-11-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

domin45670 Posted at 11-2 13:59
Hm, I checked it a few times and there was no new name. Just there was something missing. I checked it a couple of times under every option. For example, under gimbal there was only FPV/normal (I forgot the name for non FPV gimbal mode  ), gimbal up enable/disable and gimbal calibration. I didn't see anything else. So I checked everywhere and couldn't find it. Of course it may be possible that I'm too tired today to see it
I finally back to 1.7.8 because I had to make some snips of the gimbal settings. Tomorrow my drone will fly away to DJI because of some preview issues  Maybe until it will back, there will be a stable DJI FLY version.
In my opinion the last stable version for me it was 1.6.8 and maybe 1.7.5 but I didn't fly too long on 1.7.5.

Try this. I posted them backward. Go from bottom to top.
Screenshot_20221102-171422.png
Screenshot_20221102-171358.png
Screenshot_20221102-171352.png
2022-11-2
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Poland

Thank you
I'll check it when I get my drone back
2022-11-2