Phantom 3 Standard not connecting to DJI Go App
13949 23 2015-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goren1818
lvl.1
United States

My Phantom 3 Standard just got delivered today! I charged it up and powered it on and connected to the Drone's wifi. I downloaded the DJI go app and tried to open up Camera Mode. When I open the app it shows no option for camera mode and shows no options for the Phantom 3 Standard. I was in airplane mode and was connected to wifi. Can anyone help?
2015-8-12
Use props
soerheim.emil
lvl.2
Norway

Maybe a stupid question, but did you use the cable between the phone and the controller?
2015-8-12
Use props
goren1818
lvl.1
United States

The light bridge? The standard doesn't have a light bridge. There's nothing I can plug in. I believe it's just over wifi
2015-8-12
Use props
hoffman.nir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1757073 ft
  • >>>
Israel

goren1818 Posted at 2015-8-13 02:59
The light bridge? The standard doesn't have a light bridge. There's nothing I can plug in. I believe ...

Try to update the drone and the RC, a new update just come out few days ago
2015-8-12
Use props
tylerlc
lvl.1

United States

Having the same issue with my Phantom 3 Standard.
2015-8-12
Use props
goren1818
lvl.1
United States

Where would I find the updates?
2015-8-12
Use props
goren1818
lvl.1
United States

hoffman.nir@gma Posted at 2015-8-13 03:06
Try to update the drone and the RC, a new update just come out few days ago

I just checked and the Phantom 3 Standard currently has no firmware updates availnle for download
2015-8-12
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Are you using iOS? I  just looked at the Android version of the GO app and it says it was updated today to support the Standard.
The iOS version doesn't say that, not saying that it doesn't support it yet but it doesn't specifically state it.
2015-8-12
Use props
goren1818
lvl.1
United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-8-13 07:35
Are you using iOS? I  just looked at the Android version of the GO app and it says it was updated to ...

Yeah the IOS version does not support it! That is ridiculous!
2015-8-12
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118665 ft
United States

goren1818 Posted at 2015-8-13 08:11
Yeah the IOS version does not support it! That is ridiculous!

Good job DJI - another "dumbest thing I've heard today" award to that team.
2015-8-12
Use props
rkkcf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12054 ft
United States

Does anybody have an idea how or when this will be fixed........not in a god mood over this screw-up!!
2015-8-12
Use props
squidlyboy
lvl.1

United States

I just got my Phantom 3 Standard today as well - i'm glad there was a mandatory 30 min probation before i could do my first post, because it gave me some time to calm down.  If not, this post woulda had a lot more CAPS in it.   With that said...  The Out-Of-Box experience for the P3S has pretty much been a complete nightmare.  I have to say right off the bat, whoever at DJI is in charge of Quality Control for the P3S should pretty much be fired.   Does anyone think its a good idea to release a product to the public which effectively won't even connect to the Go App when it first started shipping?  I mean, like WTF...

When i found that the "Follow Me" feature in the Go App was not available for the Phantom 3 Standard yet, i immediately tried to cancel the order.  I didn't hear back from them for like a couple of days, and when i did, they conveniently informed me that the unit had already shipped and there was nothing they could do.  As i waited for it to arrive, i slowly changed my mind, and thought, Ok, I can live without that feature for now, and i'll just make the best of it, and use the time to practice flying.  Little did i realize that this would be the least of the problems.   Here are the others:

1) DJI Go App in IOS AppStore and DJI website does not support P3S.   Its cool with the P3S you don't need a physical cable to connect remote controller to iPhone anymore (remote is a mini WiFi server/Access Point and your iPhone becomes a WiFi client to the remote), but after connection your iPhone to the remote's WiFi, nothing else happens.  It doesn't see the P3S, so you never bring up the main UI.  Grrrr.   Who freaking tested this and green-lighted the P3S to ship??  WTF....

2) I read that P3S would only support IOS when first released.  Perfect, i have an iPhone6 running IOS 8.4.  Come to find out that only Android supports P3S??  Wtf...

3) In the quick-start guide (See Pic below), it says "Activate your phantom if you are using it for the first time.  This requires an internet connection."  Thats it.  Nothing more.  Well, what the f does that mean??   Ummm... i'm guessing this is pretty important?  You think it would have been a good idea to elaborate a little here?   Wtf...

4) Just below that in the quick-start guide, it talks about entering Camera View, then tapping the Aircraft Status Bar.  Well, those are nowhere to be found either.  I'm guessing those magically appear once you can connect to your aircraft.  Grrrr

5) The other pic shows the DJI Go app on the 'Equipment' screen.  Pressing the "How to Connect" just brings up instructions.  But of course, not for the P3S because thats the one I have, and thats not supported yet.  So i have the remote powered on, the aircraft powered on, the iPhone connected to remote via WiFi.  And i'm pressing every button in the Go App, but it refuses to connect.  It took a full 45 minutes of wasting my time in the app before i started googling around and finally found this thread ... well, at least i'm not the only one.

6) This is more of an aside, but what i found equally annoying is that there was not much in the way of a standard side-by-side-by-side comparison of the 3 Phantom 3 models in table/graph like format that compares all the features so that you can see what you are getting and not getting.  Nothing on their marketing materials or website that i was able to find.  I'm sure the information is mostly there, but scattered in different places, definitely not in a way that easily digestable or easy to compare.  If i'm the marketing manager, i got to think this would be THE MOST IMPORTANT question on people's mind as they are presented with a bunch of different P3 options and they are weighing the decision of how much to spend $$$ and which features they are willing to live with/without.

All in all, very seriously disappointed that this is my first experience with DJI.  They showed so much promise in their video ads, and all the articles i have read.

However, what baffles me the most is that I seriously can not even begin to comprehend the sheer and complete level of incompetence in making the decision to release this product when it is not even in pre-pre-alpha stage.  Nothing in the way of even basic system level integration activities appears to have been even attempted.  The sheer lack of any sort of system level engineering validation is truly mind-boggling.

IMG_9659_sm.jpg
IMG_9660_sm.jpg
2015-8-12
Use props
hundleton1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The IOS app is awaiting Apple approval. Sometimes Apple are quick and sometimes they drag things out. Nothing DJI can do about Apple approval process other than submit earlier. DJI do have a habit of pushing it to the last minutes though.
2015-8-12
Use props
tomtnt.gmail
lvl.2

United States

would love to know what firmware you have on your p3 standard....  hopefully the ios app gets updated tomorrow
2015-8-12
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

Dear All,
Android App (DJI GO) for phantom 3 standard is available now. You can download it on our website or Google play.
IOS version is still under Apple's review. It will be available in a few working days. We will try our best to push it.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2015-8-12
Use props
L8again
lvl.3

Canada

I don't have the GO app yet, but think I read where you have to choose which bird you are flying, (equipment), as the app is used for the Inspire, as well as P3A, P3P, and P3S, and then you can connect...my understanding anyway. May not be your issue, and I didn't realize the app wasn't ready for ios, so may not help anyway.
2015-8-13
Use props
pgil1724
New

United States

Hello, I'm having a similar problem with my P3P. Brand new out the box (9/17/15) running iPad mini, Phantom upgraded to the latest version no problem (1.4.0010) Rc will not upgrade (usb, supplied cable, gimbal, sd card reader and flash drive) Nothing seems to work.  I saw somewhere that last upgrade does not include the RC package, so I'm not too worried about that (yet). My main concern is that the DJI Go app won't let me go further than the "Connect your Aircraft " screen. There's no camera button or access to the app it self. Never used the DJI Pilot app, so only one I downloaded was DJI Go. Tried to look for the DJI Pilot app and can't find it anywhere. I guess that app upgrade/replacement was for good (DJI Pilot is gone). I wanted to know if you guys were able to fix your app problems... Could use some inspirational hope
2015-9-18
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

pgil1724@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-19 07:40
Hello, I'm having a similar problem with my P3P. Brand new out the box (9/17/15) running iPad mini,  ...

There are a few things for you to consider - for me I got mine as the go app came out and everything worked perfectly.

You havent said what kind of ipad you are using - first of all check that it is on the compatable list - I have an Ipad 2 without GPS card - it wont work.

1 - make sure you have the lastest version of the app.
2 - take off the gimble protection - there might be 2 parts.
3 - if asked to download the firmware - make sure you are connected to your wifi and not the phantom
4 - when/if the firmware needed updating make sure that the remote and the phantom are turned on (gimble protector taken off - memory card in the camera)
5 - seach for the wifi called Phantom xxxxxxx and put in the wifi code to connect
6 it should tell you what to do from then on.

If you can find the wifi of the phantom - maybe look to see if your lap top or pc/mac picks up the wifi - another user recently had a problem where the wifi wasnt working and had to send it back.

Also sometime I have found that the wifi doesnt appear just wait patiently or turn the wifi off on your phone/tablet and turn it on again - this only tends to happen in my house where there are lots and lots of wifi's about to choose from

Good luck
2015-9-19
Use props
pgil1724
New

United States

Ok, so I then need to perform step #5 (looking for phantom wifi) even if I have a P3P? To be more clear on my question, do I need wifi to connect the P3P to the DJI Go app ? I'm using IPad mini 3 btw. Thank for input.
2015-9-20
Use props
EsteeNJ
New

United States

pgil1724@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-20 12:25
Ok, so I then need to perform step #5 (looking for phantom wifi) even if I have a P3P? To be more cl ...

im having the same issue as pgil1724.  P3P right out of the box, upgraded to 1.4.  This is my 2nd P3P but this one wont connect to any of the devices the 1st one did (also 1.4)..
2015-9-21
Use props
rmphoto
New
Flight distance : 42641 ft
United Kingdom

Righto folks!
2015-9-24
Use props
rmphoto
New
Flight distance : 42641 ft
United Kingdom

I picked up my P3S today and was having a right nightmare with it.  After a few hours of ripping my hair out, nothing connecting to the wifi, firmware not updating and a really pointless conversation with online support (they're about as useful as a chocolate fire guard) I managed to get everything working.... By simply moving to a different room to that of my Mac/ router!!  So stupidly simple, but that's all it was!!
2015-9-24
Use props
pgil1724
New

United States

Ok guys, my problem is resolved. I contacted DJI and long story short they ask if I could send the unit in for evaluation. They provided me with a shipping label and an e-mail with instructions on the correct way to send the unit. I send the phantom 3P and its Rc and I got an e-mail saying they received my phantom on 10/01/15. On 10/5/15 I received an email saying that the ticket was resolved. On 10/7/15 got email with shipping and tracking information and today 10/12/15 my phantom arrived at the house. Already flew 2 batteries and everything works great. I have to say this is my first experience with DJI customer service/Repair and it went AWSOME ! No complains. Great work, quick turnaround and at no cost to the consumer (me)
2015-10-12
Use props
t.g.m
New

Brazil

rmphoto@hotmail Posted at 2015-9-25 05:34
I picked up my P3S today and was having a right nightmare with it.  After a few hours of ripping my  ...

Friend ... How did you do ? I'm completely lost . Help me please
2016-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules