743 11 2022-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndroiFy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82359 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

I send my drone to repair and from a cosmetic damage, the support repair it free of charge. I received the email from DJI that they are sending the drone back but I discover that serial number is different. I do not see R or S in the serial number, but DJI Support on chat and email send me different replies: 2 email as refurbished. On chat, after 20 minutes of confusions they told that could be refurbished and then a some point is a brand new unit. I asked them how I can confirm this, they cannot do it. I saw a previous discussion where the DJI agent recommended to reach the support.

I worked in customer support for smartphone and this information should be given without riddles / confusion ahead during the repair/exchange.

Edit: looks like the unit is refurbished, but yesterday they told me that was new. So, R and S is not indicating that is a refurbished.
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand-new goods in function and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand-new parts or units will be issued. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers. If you have any issues with the product, please feel free to contact us. For the services you feedback, we will confirm with our teams. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2022-11-1
Use props
AndroiFy
lvl.2
Ireland

Ok, but the problem is that one agent told me was a new one, after few days another told me was a refurbished one. The support is missing of transparency on what you are giving to a user.

If I have a problem with my smartphone, I have the option to exchange within the warranty or repair it, when I ask to repair it, they will send me the same device. Assessment was a cosmetic damage by non user error (defective unit) and not only a damaged drone, but a refurbished one without check with me.

2022-11-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Its in your warranty. But one thing I can tell you its very rare that you will see or read of anyone complaining about a refurb. Maybe because they get checked twice and believe me it will look exactly like new.
2022-11-1
Use props
AndroiFy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-1 06:02
Its in your warranty. But one thing I can tell you its very rare that you will see or read of anyone complaining about a refurb. Maybe because they get checked twice and believe me it will look exactly like new.

I'm the one complaining, I send a device to repair which has a cosmetic damage due to the landing (one arm went off, no even broken plastic) and they claimed that was unrepairable. Today, in the chat, the motherboard was damaged. If I open another chat tomorrow, the drone walk off from the repair center, and they lost track of it.

One of the agents told me, yesterday, was a new unit. Why such lie then? I worked in customer support and I never see something like that.
2022-11-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AndroiFy Posted at 11-1 06:37
I'm the one complaining, I send a device to repair which has a cosmetic damage due to the landing (one arm went off, no even broken plastic) and they claimed that was unrepairable. Today, in the chat, the motherboard was damaged. If I open another chat tomorrow, the drone walk off from the repair center, and they lost track of it.

One of the agents told me, yesterday, was a new unit. Why such lie then? I worked in customer support and I never see something like that.

I think language could also be a barrier, but dji policy is very simple. You arrange a return and unless its not covered by warranty they will send out a new or refurbished as new craft sound bad but when you see it you will be convinced its new. Its a very similar process as apple except they exchange at the door. Good luck hope it works out.
2022-11-1
Use props
AndroiFy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-1 07:15
I think language could also be a barrier, but dji policy is very simple. You arrange a return and unless its not covered by warranty they will send out a new or refurbished as new craft sound bad but when you see it you will be convinced its new. Its a very similar process as apple except they exchange at the door. Good luck hope it works out.

Another reason why I don't have an Apple device and I prefer other manufacturer where the support declares on the chat what type of device you'll receive back and type. I managed to find a solution with DJI Support.
2022-11-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i remember the old days where a customer was unable to reach anyone or talk to anybody in teh company besides the person answering the phone or their manager.  i was told there is nothing relevant that the customer needs to know and/or they couldn't handle the information being told to them.  i recalling pushing for the company to be more open with specific detailed replies instead of form letters and generic answers.  "your device is currently at the repair operation in the falklands and is scheduled to be dispatched on friday, he're the tracking number for your refurb device with s/n....." instead of "repairs are handled at the authorized repair center within 4-6 weeks please call back then.  you'll get your device back when it arrives."  i was told this was too much information and will lead to frustration because the operations are not precise, everything is variable, and unexpected changes or delays could happen."  it is 2022 and the customer wants to know where their product is at all times, what the names of the people who touched their property, and exactly what was done.  as a result, there are thousands of systems, mechanisms, and reporting programs centering around the customer-update process which provides absolutely unnecessary useless information that is mostly irrelevant.  the only way to ensure accurate and timely information is to have the details scanned and logged and then provided thru a database.  calling and talking to humans is a waste of time.
2022-11-1
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

The drone you will get will be new or like new. You'll be fine.
2022-11-1
Use props
AndroiFy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

now it will be new as far I understood on the interaction with the customer support.
2022-11-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

AndroiFy Posted at 11-3 04:14
now it will be new as far I understood on the interaction with the customer support.

Thank you for the updated information, we have confirmed with the team and they will follow your case, if you have any problems, you can contact them or contact us here anytime.
Thank you for your support.
2022-11-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

The Saint Posted at 11-1 07:20
i remember the old days where a customer was unable to reach anyone or talk to anybody in teh company besides the person answering the phone or their manager.  i was told there is nothing relevant that the customer needs to know and/or they couldn't handle the information being told to them.  i recalling pushing for the company to be more open with specific detailed replies instead of form letters and generic answers.  "your device is currently at the repair operation in the falklands and is scheduled to be dispatched on friday, he're the tracking number for your refurb device with s/n....." instead of "repairs are handled at the authorized repair center within 4-6 weeks please call back then.  you'll get your device back when it arrives."  i was told this was too much information and will lead to frustration because the operations are not precise, everything is variable, and unexpected changes or delays could happen."  it is 2022 and the customer wants to know where their product is at all times, what the names of the people who touched their property, and exactly what was done.  as a result, there are thousands of systems, mechanisms, and reporting programs centering around the customer-update process which provides absolutely unnecessary useless information that is mostly irrelevant.  the only way to ensure accurate and timely information is to have the details scanned and logged and then provided thru a database.  calling and talking to humans is a waste of time.

Hi, there. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.We will forward your feedback to the relevant team.
May we know if you meet any problems now as well?
If yes, you can tell us more details? We will see how we can help you more.
Thank you in advance.

2022-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules