251 2 2022-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain David
lvl.1
Flight distance : 554272 ft
Spain

Hi guys .

I am not sure there is anything about this on the net, i tried different moves with the dji avata in the last weeks and i have to say, flying with the head tracking and the motion controller together offers quite good options (where as only with the motion controller, you can' t really fly in lateral.. yeah waiting for my remote controller!)

So my question here is another . I am trying to climb the mountain with the DJI and as i wanted to pass trough a natural hole made of branches, i almost crashed the drone on it because the downward sensors literally pushed it up, making it hit the frame of the branches hole.

I understand both ways the result is the same as if in upward there is the mountain steepness , on the downward one i will have to fly lower to get the right angle and fly trough the branches. In both ways i got halted by the sensors, reducing the speed and upping up the level of the drone.

My question is very simple. Is there a way to disable this sensors ? I know it' s not possible on other drones, but perhaps someone knows a way ? Is flying in manual mode once i will get the remote controller disabling it ?

Thank you , can' t wait to get rid of the motion controller as it is ok, but really a bit limited for my purposes.
2022-11-1
Use props
djiuser_rxM56ZGSn6A8
lvl.1

United States

I'm flying with a downward vision sensor error at the moment after a crash and replacement of the sensor. Can't get it to initialize a calibrate on the Assistant app. So, I have paid work to fly and decided to try flying. Couple of quirks. Does not auto land, little more floaty than with sensors working properly, but if you have gps lock you can fly it no problem with motion controller. Good luck
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Captain David. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with DJI Avata. Regretfully, there's no option to disable the sensors. We suggest using Manual mode once you have the FPV Remote Controller 2 as it disabled all flight assistance functions such as automatic stabilization but please note that only experienced pilots should use Manual mode. Failure to operate in this flight mode properly is a safety risk and may even lead to the aircraft crashing. To know more about Manual Mode please go to Page 19 of this link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual-EN.pdf
Thank you for your understanding and valued support.
2022-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules