My Mini Took A Bath
1021 9 2022-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

I have an original Mini, we were out camping last week and I put the Mini up to get some fall color shots.

As I was bringing it in I heard the app (Litchi) say landing, wait what? I looked over the water as I pegged the throttle up jsut in time to see the Mini dip into the water and then pull out. I brought it straight back, landed, pulled the battery and blew it out with a hair dryer. I let it sit for a few hours and then tried it out, it appears fine. It was totally operator error.

It looked really cool as it hit the water and then came back up. Unfortunately I did not have the video running.

I've been looking for an excuse to upgrade to a Mini 3 but I kind of wanted to keep the Mini I have as a spare.

A couple pics from the outing. I was not aware of the hotair ballons until the drone went up.

DJI_0596_edited.JPG
DJI_0599_edited.JPG
2022-11-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, WrongWay Feldman. Thank you for sharing your flight experience and these super cool pictures! We are sorry to read that the drone accidentally fell into the water though. We highly suggest that you continue to monitor the drone's performance as our consumer drones are not waterproof. In case any error appears on the app or any abnormalities show on the aircraft, please let us know right away. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Nice shots, with the Autumn colours and all. Lucky escape for the Mini One.  I used to fly mine with Litchi, as that gave me more possibilities than the DJI Fly App. But earlier this year I took the plunge and upgraded to the Mini3Pro. It was a good decision. And the Mini One has gone to a new home.
2022-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great Shots       
2022-11-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice shots and hope it stays working fine
2022-11-5
Use props
freewilly134
First Officer
Flight distance : 42008 ft
Netherlands

The beautifull colors of the autumn....nice pictures man
2022-11-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shots showing some awesome fall colors.  

I still have my Mini but it sits on the shelf since getting the Air 2S and the Mini 3 Pro.  By the way, the Mini 3 Pro is a huge upgrade over the Mini and Mini 2.  If your funds permit you should seriously considering getting the Mini 3 Pro.
2022-11-5
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

This photo of the autumn colours I have to comment on. It is just fantastic.  Wish I have this on the wall at home. Well caught.
2022-11-5
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

Thank you for the compliments but when mother nature/God just hands this to you it's easy.
2022-11-5
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Beautifully Awesome Shots of the Fall, I love the rusty colours of Fall time.
2022-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules