MapBox won't download geo zones so can't take off
1556 6 2022-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ScubaFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2263845 ft
United States

EDIT: don't see how to delete my post but I reset the controller and it finally started asking to update the flysafe info. Not sure why it didn't do it before or how to manually do it but for now, my issue is fixed.

I'm setting up a smart controller for my Mavic 2 pro with the DJI go 4 app but the geo zones to come up on the map box and it won't let me take off because of this it says im in a no fly zone.  Also, whe trying to check restriction areas it takes me to the dji website with the geo-map but it never finishes loading.  It always has the progress bar...the three dots that shows its still loading.  Not sure of those 2 issues are related or not but maybe...

Is the Smart ontroller no longer supported or is there something else I need to do?  Ive tried my home internet as well as my phones with no luck and as far as i can tell the firmwear is updated and the dji go 4 app is current. I downloaded GEO4 app apx from dji and installed it just make sure it was up to date.

I am able to take off when useing the original controller with my phone.  The geo zones show in the map box just fine with that one but not with the smart controller.  I'm also able to take off using my mini 3 pro and the dji RC.  Unfortunatly the smart controler cant find the ge zones.... How do I get them?

2022-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, ScubaFlyer. Thank you for reaching out and for providing us an update. It's glad to know that the issue with the Geo zone has been fixed already. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-6
Use props
ScubaFlyer
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-6 12:19
Hello, ScubaFlyer. Thank you for reaching out and for providing us an update. It's glad to know that the issue with the Geo zone has been fixed already. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support.

It was fixed but I'm having  the same issue again although this time I do get the zones when on wifi.  When offline i don't.

I cant take off because it says I'm in a no fly zone but when connected to wifi the map box shows that I'm an auth zone, not a no fly and now it won't let me take off anymore.  Not sure why it thinks I'm in a no fly when clearly the map box shows that I'm not.  I've flown here before.

Still, when I try to take off it asks if I want to self unlock.  I check the boxes and say yes...I get the notification of success but when I try to take off again it still wont let me and asks about unlocking again.

The map box only shows the zones when on wifi so I thought maybe somehow flysafe was removed...Id like to try to update it again but i cant find any way to do it.

Either way, why would it say no fly zone when it shows my location in an auth zone....and when i unlock and it says success why isn't it letting me take off.  I have my part 107.  Can i just disable the zones and fly at my own discretion?

System version V01.01.0072
About remote controller:  Android 7.1.2
dji go 4 version -4.3.54

2022-11-8
Use props
ScubaFlyer
lvl.2
United States

--- Oops, double post
2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ScubaFlyer Posted at 11-8 09:27
It was fixed but I'm having  the same issue again although this time I do get the zones when on wifi.  When offline i don't.

I cant take off because it says I'm in a no fly zone but when connected to wifi the map box shows that I'm an auth zone, not a no fly and now it won't let me take off anymore.  Not sure why it thinks I'm in a no fly when clearly the map box shows that I'm not.  I've flown here before.

Hello, ScubaFlyer. Thank you for the update and we're sorry to read about this issue. Unfortunately, you cannot disable the zones by yourself. If you already have the license to fly in a restricted area, the next thing to do is to import it to the aircraft. Below are the steps on how to import it:

Step 1: Power on the aircraft and remote controller and ensure that the remote controller has
been linked to the aircraft successfully.
Step 2: Launch DJI GO 4 and log into the DJI account that was submitted while
requesting the custom unlocking online.
Step 3: Go to the camera view and General Settings. Tap “Unlocking List”—>”App”.
Step 4: Tap “Sync”, then the unlocking license will be shown on the Unlocking License List
screen. Choose the license and tap “Import to Aircraft”. Once the license is uploaded
successfully, you will be able to turn it on or off on the Aircraft page.
Step 5: Place the aircraft in the area that you requested to be unlocked. When the number of
GPS satellites connected reaches more than 10, tap “Unlocking List”—>” Aircraft” and slide the
switch to the right to enable it. Now, the area is unlocked.
Step 6: When the switch is turned on, go to the map view in DJI GO 4, and a green zone will be
shown on the map indicating the area that you have requested to unlock. You can only fly the
aircraft within the green zone. To fly outside of the green zone, turn off the switch in DJI GO 4.

If you would like to check for updates, make sure that you are connected to a strong Wi-Fi then open the DJI Go 4 App, click the 3 dots on the image transmission/camera page then go to General Settings>About. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2022-11-8
Use props
ScubaFlyer
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-8 15:20
Hello, ScubaFlyer. Thank you for the update and we're sorry to read about this issue. Unfortunately, you cannot disable the zones by yourself. If you already have the license to fly in a restricted area, the next thing to do is to import it to the aircraft. Below are the steps on how to import it:

Step 1: Power on the aircraft and remote controller and ensure that the remote controller has

My main issue is that the upper left side of the screen saying I'm in a "no fly zone" but the map box zone shows an auth zone.  I've flown here before without issue using this setup as well as my mini 3.

Any idea why they'd be different?
2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ScubaFlyer Posted at 11-8 15:24
My main issue is that the upper left side of the screen saying I'm in a "no fly zone" but the map box zone shows an auth zone.  I've flown here before without issue using this setup as well as my mini 3.

Any idea why they'd be different?

Hi, ScubaFlyer. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Since you mentioned that you were able to fly in the same area with no issues before, we highly recommend that you contact our FlySafe team for further verification. You may send them an email at flysafe@dji.com. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules