Unbind drone and controller
7182 14 2022-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Perl_taasinge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32828 ft
Denmark

I have bought a DJI mini 3 pro, which the first owner has not unbinded.
I have read the enclosed answer from a Supermoderator DJI Paladin.

Aint there not more ways he can unbind?

Or do I have to travel 400 km to lend him a controller and drone so he can be able to log into the account and disconnect?

Cheers

Per
drone.jpg
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Perl_taasinge. Thank you for reaching out. May I ask what remote controller came with the DJI Mini 3 Pro that you purchased? Are you still in contact with the previous owner? We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-7
Use props
Perl_taasinge
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-7 09:32
Hi, Perl_taasinge. Thank you for reaching out. May I ask what remote controller came with the DJI Mini 3 Pro that you purchased? Are you still in contact with the previous owner? We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.

Hi Gamora

It is the controller with screen

The man who sold me the drone have sent me the first owners name, address and his mailadress. I have not contacted him yet as I live quite far away from him and would like to know if there are other options to get it disconnected from his DJI account.

2022-11-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Perl_taasinge Posted at 11-7 09:54
Hi Gamora

I may be misremembering, but I recall reading where all he needs to do is open Fly go to device management and unbind it there. No need to be connected to controller or craft.
2022-11-7
Use props
Perl_taasinge
lvl.2
Denmark

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-7 10:43
If you can reach him & he is agreeable, he could temporarily change his DJI login password.  You could sign in with the drone/RC connected to his account with the termporary password & unbind the aircraft.  Afterwards he can change his password back & you can register it to your account.

Hi Dirty Bird,

Yes, it's a good suggestion - if he wants to and has a phone that can run the DJI FLY app.

If he wants to help me and no longer have a DJI drone, maybe has forgotten his password, I can perhaps trigger a password reset or a new password is sent to his email address.

But otherwise I have to try to put a little gratitude in perspective to persuade him.

Thanks for the suggestion.
2022-11-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

He can download the fly app on his phone, log into his account, go to device management, unbind the drone from his account. Not hard and you don't have to drive to him.
2022-11-7
Use props
Perl_taasinge
lvl.2
Denmark

Suren Posted at 11-7 11:38
He can download the fly app on his phone, log into his account, go to device management, unbind the drone from his account. Not hard and you don't have to drive to him.

Hi Suren
Hi only can use this solution if he have a phone which is compatible with the fly app.
2022-11-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The original owner MUST HAVE HAD  a compatible phone to create the binding in the first place, it is possible he still does have it..... or do you know that he no longer has that phone?
2022-11-7
Use props
Perl_taasinge
lvl.2
Denmark

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-7 12:34
The original owner MUST HAVE HAD  a compatible phone to create the binding in the first place, it is possible he still does have it..... or do you know that he no longer has that phone?

Hi Sean-bumble-bee

He have created the binding via the controller, and I need to have his password to his account to unbind the controller and the drone. He cant unbind it without the controller and the drone is connected.
2022-11-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Perl_taasinge Posted at 11-7 12:41
Hi Sean-bumble-bee

He have created the binding via the controller, and I need to have his password to his account to unbind the controller and the drone. He cant unbind it without the controller and the drone is connected.

Because he had the Dji RC, yes now i understand. Then maybe get him to try and download the app which is not hard onto any phone
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Perl_taasinge Posted at 11-7 09:54
Hi Gamora

Hi, Perl_taasinge. Thank you for the update. Unfortunately, only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product. The new holder can bind the drone with another account. Please try to contact your dealer to confirm with the previous owner to log in to the account and unbind the drone first. Then you can log in to your account to bind it. Please ask the previous owner to download the DJI Fly and check if he can unbind it from the app. You may also follow Dirty Bird's suggestion if the previous owner has no device to install the app to, advise him/her to temporarily change the password on our website, https://account.dji.com/login.

If you or the dealer can't contact the previous owner, please let us know and send us proof of purchase. If you have the proof of purchase, we can try to contact the previous owner. But we can't guarantee the result. We will wait for the owner's feedback and persuade them to unbind for you. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-11-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perl_taasinge Posted at 11-7 12:41
Hi Sean-bumble-bee

Ahhh now I too understand.
That's an awkward situation ....BUT....it brings an idea to mind.
I have a phone, not currently available, on which I have used two separate DJI accounts.
I have a vague recollection that the phone stored both sets of login details, if my recollection is correct I could, and did, log into either account WITHOUT having to remember the details of those accounts.
Has your DJI RC controller, by any chance, stored the login details of the original account?
If so, you would need to log out of your own account and then log into the original account then undo the bindings etc. etc..
2022-11-7
Use props
Perl_taasinge
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-7 15:06
Hi, Perl_taasinge. Thank you for the update. Unfortunately, only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product. The new holder can bind the drone with another account. Did you purchase a second-hand drone? Please try to contact your dealer to confirm with the previous owner to log in to the account and unbind the drone first. Then you can log in to your account to bind it. Please ask the previous owner to download the DJI Fly and check if he can unbind it from the app. You may also follow Dirty Bird's suggestion if the previous owner has no device to install the app to, advise him/her to temporarily change the password on our website, https://account.dji.com/login.

If you or the dealer can't contact the previous owner, please let us know and send us proof of purchase. If you have the proof of purchase, we can try to contact the previous owner. But we can't guarantee the result. We will wait for the owner's feedback and persuade them to unbind for you. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Hi Gamora

I have now written to the first owner of the drone:

Hi Christopher,

I am writing to you to find out if you still have a DJI drone or have stopped flying altogether. The thing is that I bought your old DJI mini 3 drone from Martin N***** M***** and can see that it is still registered on your DJI account.

You can usually only release it when the controller and drone are connected via the DJI account it is registered to. I.e. either I have to bring the controller and drone to Brønshøj (I live in Svendborg) and you have to log in and unbind it from your account or you have to let me log in to your DJI account via the controller and unbind the drone and controller. - (Enter [Profile] –> [Device Management] –> [Account and Device], and then unbind it.)

If you are still using your DJI account, you can change the password before you give it to me and then change back to the original one when I have released the drone and controller from your account. DJI will always send a new password to your gmail account.

Will you please help me to get it released from your account?

In the meantime, I would like to suggest to DJI that the option to unbind the drone and controller can also be done on a web page that can be accessed from a regular browser. For example, I can't install the Fly app on my Samsung A10, which is why I chose a controller with a screen and the app embedded. Thank you for your reply and understanding.
2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Perl_taasinge Posted at 11-8 02:52
Hi Gamora

Hi there. Thank you for the update. We hope that he will be able to unbind it for you. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestion. I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Mini 3 Pro and DJI Fly application updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-8
Use props
Perl_taasinge
lvl.2
Denmark

Perl_taasinge Posted at 11-8 02:52
Hi Gamora

Successfully unbind the drone.
The first owner has been very accommodating. He gave me a temporary password so I could log into his account from my RC and unbind the drone and controller. Thanks to Christopher.
Also thanks to admin and users who have contributed suggestions.
2022-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules