Can't link P4RTK to D-RTK2
2760 25 2022-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptainRisky
lvl.2
Australia

Hi All,

I'm having quite a bit of trouble with this P4RTK kit I bought, second hand but never used. I can't get it to link to the D-RTK2 station. I'm really hoping someone can help me here, as I've been trying for 2 days including with my drone spraying friend who uses all this gear, and I'm just getting nowhere.

I've been through the firmware, both on the app and today I hooked it up to Assistant 2. Here's what I have:

GS RTK. Version V2.18-GSP

P4RTK drone. Version 02.02.0608 Assistant 2 says this is the latest version.

D-RTK mobile station. Version 03.01.0000. Assistant 2 says this is the latest version. I thought of rolling it back but it won't let me now.

P4RTK standard controller. Version 02.03.0330. This is where it gets strange. In Assistant 2 there's the option to upgrade to version 03.01.0000, and when I do it it says it was successful but then when I check the version I'm back at 02.03.0330. When I turn it on I get the message about the drone and controller being mismatched, and to connect it to the computer to upgrade, but when I connect the drone it only offers version 02.02.0608. There's no offer to update it via the app.

The D-RTK2 mobile station has been back to DJI for a warranty repair, which they did. It wasn't turning on and they replaced the battery connector apparently. It's now turning on and getting a green light/RTK lock. It also goes into linking mode with the push of the button. My mate was able to connect his Agras T30 to it on mode 5, and I'm trying to connect the P4RTK on mode one (single green flash) as requested by the controller.

I've tried everything... initiating the linking via the home screen/top left 3 bars. Going into the flying menu and settings then turning on the RTK and selecting mobile station. I've tried single and multiple linking options as well, and tried to link with the drone on and off. Nothing has worked.

Is there anyone out there who can advise me what to do here? What firmware versions should I have in all the components? Is there another version of Assistant I don't know about? I've used both Assistant 2 for Phantom and MG series, and they both gave the same results. I'm at a complete loss as to what's going on there.

If there's anyone out there who could help me through this, I'd be really grateful. I've got a ton of money tied up in this and an Agras drone, and I can't get it to work. It's crazy.

2022-11-7
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have the RC with the built in screen, you've installed more recent FW than you should have; the latest firmware version of the remote controller with screen is V02.02.0607.

See this thread for more info and for instructions on the best way to update the RC FW.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D699%26typeid%3D699

Post your results once you get that sorted, we'll try to help if you still have issues.
2022-11-7
Use props
CaptainRisky
lvl.2
Australia

patiam Posted at 11-7 15:02
If you have the RC with the built in screen, you've installed more recent FW than you should have; the latest firmware version of the remote controller with screen is V02.02.0607.

See this thread for more info and for instructions on the best way to update the RC FW.

Ok, thank you very much!

So yes, I do have built in screen and did have too late a version and have gone back to V02.02.0607, but I did it via Assistant 2 and it's still not working properly.

So I see I need to use a micro SD card, but I'm not very "computery" and am unsure exactly what they mean here:

"Here is the related information of how to use the microSD card to upgrade: Download the corresponding firmware on the DJI official website and copy the file (AG410Fw_xxxxxx.bin) on the microSD card root directory. Insert the microSD card into the microSD card slot on the remote controller. Power on the remote controller. After approximately 10 seconds, a prompt will appear stating “firmware package detected”. Follow the prompts for operation until the update has finished. (After updating, remove the microSD card and delete the firmware package.)
Note: The firmware for the Phantom 4 RTK remote controller with a built-in screen can be updated by using the DJI Assistant for Phantom only when the firmware version is 02.01.0012 or below. If the firmware version is higher than 02.01.0012, the remote controller can only be updated via the DJI GS RTK app or microSD card."

I've never been much good with .bin files, githubs, etc... If you would take me through step by step for dummies it would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sure it would help someone else as well as I've never seen anything about the Assistant 2 download not working with this controller.

For a start, where do I find this file: (AG410Fw_xxxxxx.bin)? I've got a micro SD here ready to go.

EDIT:

OK, I'll leave my post unaltered above but I found the file here:

https://www.dji.com/au/downloads/products/phantom-4-rtk

I've put it on a micro SD and inserted it, and it all seemed to go according to plan. It's showing 02.02.0607 and hooking straight up via the network card when I had to manually retry each time before, and it's not bugging like it was before so I assume the controller is all good.

But it still won't link to the D-RTK2 on the table, and the P4 is also disconnected. Do I now need a cable adapter to connect the controller to the bird?

2022-11-7
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

not sure but maybe your D-RTK 2 FW needs to be downgraded to match the controller?
2022-11-7
Use props
CaptainRisky
lvl.2
Australia

I think the problem is somehow related to me using assistant to update the controller.

For a start I just started updating from the bottom of the list up, thinking I was updating, but it seems they weren't in order and some versions weren't even suitable (according to the post you linked me). What was really weird was that there was 2 of the same versions shown as current, and 2 of the same offered as updates. Since I used the SD card to update the controller it's all normal with just one of each version, but it won't update the drone via cable. I think it's actually the controller/drone firmware stopping connection myself, but I could be wrong.

I can't seem to upload a screenshot of the drone in Assistant 2, but it's got the same thing. 2 of each version of firmware listed.

2022-11-7
Use props
CaptainRisky
lvl.2
Australia

2022-11-7
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

try updating from within GS-RTK
2022-11-7
Use props
CaptainRisky
lvl.2
Australia

patiam Posted at 11-7 22:57
try updating from within GS-RTK

I've tried.

Went out and got a cable adaptor to connect the controller to the drone. Hit update and it shows a picture prompting to connect, but it just does nothing.

Something's wrong with this doubling up of the firmware versions. The DJI tech in Australia seemed a bit surprised about it, but he seems keen to sort it out.
2022-11-7
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Good luck, let us know how you get on. Hopefully a DJI rep will chime in here eventually with some helpful advice.
2022-11-8
Use props
CaptainRisky
lvl.2
Australia

DJI support hooked up remotely by team viewer last night.

He's sending me a loan base station to try as he said he suspects that's the problem, and if that works I'm to send mine back to him for repair/replacement. He was pretty good actually.
2022-11-8
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yes sounds more and more like a HW issue. Good luck!
2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CaptainRisky Posted at 11-8 10:32
DJI support hooked up remotely by team viewer last night.

He's sending me a loan base station to try as he said he suspects that's the problem, and if that works I'm to send mine back to him for repair/replacement. He was pretty good actually.

Hi, there.
Thanks for the updated information, please keep us updated on your issue.And if there is anything that we can help with, please let us know.  
Thank you for your support of DJI.
2022-11-11
Use props
CaptainRisky
lvl.2
Australia

Well it all started well enough, but DJI's Australian service center has gone completely dark, no response at all to calls or text messages.

Last I heard they were going to send me a base station to test, but that was a week ago and none has arrived. I've left them messages to know that I understand if I'm in a queue, but just please let me know what's happening... no response at all. A shame really, the young guy who I go on team viewer was excellent... skilled and keen to help.

I've given up on them coming back to me and have gone back to the distributor who sold me the base station. I've sent them the unit to go in for warranty again, which is a bit of a pain but at least I know he'll answer me when I call. He'll get it fixed, even if it takes a while.

I now know it's the base station by the way, as my associate set his up and it all connected fine.

In the meantime I've taken a 30 day trial subscription with a CORS RTK service, but I can't get it to connect yet. They have emailed me this:

Rover Username: PPNN***********
Rover Password: ********
NTRIP Address: NSW.alldayrtk.com.au
NTRIP Port: 2101

There is no "mountpoint" listed. Where do I find that? It seems the app requires an entry for a mountpoint.
2022-11-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

CaptainRisky Posted at 11-26 01:03
Well it all started well enough, but DJI's Australian service center has gone completely dark, no response at all to calls or text messages.

Last I heard they were going to send me a base station to test, but that was a week ago and none has arrived. I've left them messages to know that I understand if I'm in a queue, but just please let me know what's happening... no response at all. A shame really, the young guy who I go on team viewer was excellent... skilled and keen to help.

You can try with the nearest base station code http://corsnet.nsw.gov.au/Map/SensorMap.aspx
For example for Coff Harbour type COFF
Otherwise if its a dynamic NTRIP, i mean if the server choose automaticaly the nearest station, it should be mention somewhere. Have you tried to mail them ?
2022-11-26
Use props
CaptainRisky
lvl.2
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-26 01:59
You can try with the nearest base station code http://corsnet.nsw.gov.au/Map/SensorMap.aspx
For example for Coff Harbour type COFF
Otherwise if its a dynamic NTRIP, i mean if the server choose automaticaly the nearest station, it should be mention somewhere. Have you tried to mail them ?

Cheers mate.

Unfortunately you are overestimating my ability, as I don't have much of a clue what all that means. I'm fairly new to this.

I'm sure it is a dynamic service, as they claim to have nationwide coverage. The nearest station is Kempsey NSW, about 12kms and it's one of their own, not an associates.

My question is what do I enter in the "mountpoint" box on the controller when I try to connect?
2022-11-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

CaptainRisky Posted at 11-26 11:59
Cheers mate.

Unfortunately you are overestimating my ability, as I don't have much of a clue what all that means. I'm fairly new to this.

try WLWN or WTON as mountpoint
2022-11-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

CaptainRisky Posted at 11-26 11:59
Cheers mate.

Even better try :
WLWN-RTCM3
For dynamic mode (where you let the server choose the nearest station):
nearest-RTCM3
For dynamic mode with GLONASS and Beidou (where you let the server choose the nearest station):
nearest-RTCM32

RTFM : CORSnet-NSW_Web_Portal_User_Guide_V23.pdf
2022-11-26
Use props
CaptainRisky
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks very much.

This is "AllDayRTK". Their claim to fame is that they use all the worlds satellite systems.

https://www.positionpartners.com.au/alldayrtk/

Which setting would you recommend for this service?

And thanks very much for your help of course!
2022-11-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

CaptainRisky Posted at 11-26 12:58
Thanks very much.

This is "AllDayRTK". Their claim to fame is that they use all the worlds satellite systems.

Try this : 2KSY-RTCM3

I need credential to get the mountpoint list.

You can use U-Center to check the mountpoint list on a computer u-center.JPG

Or this on Apple device : Ntrip checker on the App Store (apple.com) it's also available on Android
2022-11-26
Use props
CaptainRisky
lvl.2
Australia

Just nothing, doesn't respond. Ntrip checker can't find location on my tablet despite being given permission. This is such a pain in the arse...

But thanks heaps for trying to help.
2022-11-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

CaptainRisky Posted at 11-26 20:38
Just nothing, doesn't respond. Ntrip checker can't find location on my tablet despite being given permission. This is such a pain in the arse...

But thanks heaps for trying to help.

You have to option:
-contact your rtk supplier and ask for the user manual
- PM your credentials to i can check the list

There is even not an access to a manual without credentials

2022-11-26
Use props
CaptainRisky
lvl.2
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-26 22:58
You have to option:
-contact your rtk supplier and ask for the user manual
- PM your credentials to i can check the list

Thanks mate.

I just got a bit frustrated last night. I'll contact the RTK service today and get them to sort it out, as it's Monday now and it is their job. I was hoping to do all this over the weekend as my flying assessments are coming up. I've got training over the next 2 days.

I can't deny I am amazed how DJI just leaves its paying customers hanging. I've got 40kAUD out in their gear, and if it wasn't for a couple of good resellers and help on the forums I'd be completely buggered.
2022-11-27
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

CaptainRisky Posted at 11-27 11:06
Thanks mate.

I just got a bit frustrated last night. I'll contact the RTK service today and get them to sort it out, as it's Monday now and it is their job. I was hoping to do all this over the weekend as my flying assessments are coming up. I've got training over the next 2 days.

You're welcome
DJI resellers are just resellers. They are as limited as we are in product information. Even a little more because most of them don't use the products.
RTK is good but in a country as big as yours it can quickly become complicated to catch a base station or even a phone network. Otherwise you use the DRTK-2 by positioning it on known geodetic marks, by entering the coordinates in the DJI app.

I found it for WA but not for NSW :
Geodetic Survey Marks (Point) (LGATE-076) - Web Mapping Service - data.wa.gov.au
geodetic.JPG
By clicking on the point that interests you, you get the coordinates. All that remains is to install the DRTK2.

2022-11-27
Use props
CaptainRisky
lvl.2
Australia

Hi All,

Thanks for your help.

As it went it was the DRTK 2 base station that was faulty. It's just came back from its second warranty repair, and now it's all good.

Now where do I go for "Terra Agriculture field planning for dummies"? I've mapped my entire property with the P4RTK, which worked sensationally, and have reconstructed the map in Terra ag. I am trying to set up a basic flight route in field mode (my place is very flat) for my T20 spray drone, and I'm struggling here as well.

I'm pretty amazed at how well the Phantom mapped the place. I set it at 2cm per pixel and just factory settings other than that, and image is really good. Now to try and spray the thing....
2022-12-24
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Japan

Glad to hear you got the issues with the D-RTK 2 sorted and were able to generate some mapping products you are happy with! The P4R is capable of amazing precision when used correctly. Afraid I can't offer help on the Ag stuff. You may be better off posting in the Argras forum.
2022-12-28
Use props
CaptainRisky
lvl.2
Australia

patiam Posted at 12-28 17:01
Glad to hear you got the issues with the D-RTK 2 sorted and were able to generate some mapping products you are happy with! The P4R is capable of amazing precision when used correctly. Afraid I can't offer help on the Ag stuff. You may be better off posting in the Argras forum.

Cheers mate, appreciate your help.

The P4RTK worked very nicely indeed. As it's my own property I wanted high resolution, so I lowered the height until I got it to 2cm/pixel, which was about 70m if I remember correctly. Other than that I just used completely stock settings. It does throw a lot of compass faults on startup, which I've heard about before, so I just calibrate the compass at the start of each job and it's all good.

The property has been affected by floods for almost 2 years, so the weeds are rampant and tall. I think I'll get a much nicer map after I've mowed the whole place, I'm 50% into that so far.

I'm lucky as I know what is possibly one of Australia's leading spray drone contractors, and he's the absolute expert on Terra Ag. All of that is going well too now. Just need to finish mowing and wait for some rain, then I'll spray the entire property while the weeds are fresh and young and growing.
2022-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules