Searching for Avata in the forest
2007 7 2022-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Today I flew with Avata in the forest. I lost the drone twice, each time a weak signal, during RTH the machine got caught on a branch. Searching according to the video recorded in the glasses was difficult, the forest is the same everywhere. How to start "Find My Drone" and use the map?
I see the only solution in a phone with the DJI Fly application and connecting it with a cable to the glasses. The data about the last flight from the "Flight Data Center" will be transferred, in DJI Fly and FDC I will call up a map with the last flight where I can orient myself better.
Does it have to be that complicated or is there another option? I'm sorry if I'm writing and asking stupid questions. Thanks for the advice!

2022-11-8
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

There is no other much better option. You could also explore your last flight via AirData, but you will see the same.
Just use the gps-coordinates which you can see in the DJI Fly app and maybe use google maps for better orientation.
2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Ross14. Thank you for reaching out and we are sorry to read about the accident encountered. Currently, the only method to get the location is through the DJI Fly app using your mobile phone. The app will record the last flight coordinates of the drone. Once you're able to connect the goggles to the phone, please make sure to sync your flight records as well. We hope that you will be able to get the exact location and retrieve the drone. Kindly keep us updated. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-8
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Hmm, thanks for confirming this inconvenient "operation" when searching for an Avata. I found the machine, but it was a long search, only according to the last video with the flight record. I didn't have the ability to sync the glasses with my phone in the forest and I couldn't use the map. In the forest, instead of using a cable, is it possible to create a hotspot on the phone and thus synchronize the necessary data from the glasses (I only thought of that at home)?
2022-11-9
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly it is this complicated but quite accurate. Were you flying in FCC or CE mode ? I ask as you mentioned weak signal ?
2022-11-9
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

I have the FCC mode "on", unfortunately the trees probably shade a lot, especially when flying low. I concentrated on the flight between the trees and did not monitor the signal, I would not have thought that I would lose it already at a distance of 300 meters. We have "dense" and impenetrable forests.
2022-11-9
Use props
CTT Channel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7843156 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

When I fly in such conditions and without sensors, I set the RTH to hovering then I walk towards the drone until I recover the connection
2022-11-9
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

I will take the necessary precautions and, above all, I will keep the machine close to my "body" in the forest and not take any unnecessary risks.
2022-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules