HLG Video looks weird after uploading to Youtube.
4201 22 2022-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Morotezuki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1651473 ft
United States

Hi all,
  I film with my Mavic 3 Cine on HLG and Pro-Res HQ, and edit my videos in Premiere Pro and export in Pro-Res 422 HQ and Rec.2100 HLG. However, when this video is uploaded to YouTube it looks oversaturated and the result looks exactly like the video has been converted into Rec.709. I know YouTube supports HDR in Rec.2022 however Premiere can only export in Rec.709 or Rec.2100. If I export in Rec.709 color space, it would look exactly like the YouTube version. If I export in Rec.2100, it looks right when you play with a player that supports it however YouTube will convert 2100 into 709 and makes everything look oversaturated. Has anyone encountered this before and knows the solution?
Correct color:

Youtube:

2022-11-8
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Morotezuki, I have come across exactly the same issue. As long as you upload your video in rec.2020 HLG or rec.2100 HLG , it would initially save it as rec.709 and after a day or two , you should see it upconvert to rec.2020 HLG. I am not sure if this is b/c free version of youtube studio (which I also use) comes with low priority on processing SDR to HDR videos , but it seems to be the case for me as well. You can just give it a day or two and it should convert it to rec.2020 and you will see in the bottom right corner "HDR" in it. You can also check you current color space of the video you uploaded by right clicking anywhere on the video while it's playing or paused and choosing "Stats for nerds". It would say there rec.709 initially , but after a day or two it should say HLG BT.2020. Hope this helps.  Thanks, Mike.
2022-11-8
Use props
Morotezuki
lvl.2
United States

Mzp Posted at 11-8 16:08
Hi Morotezuki, I have come across exactly the same issue. As long as you upload your video in rec.2020 HLG or rec.2100 HLG , it would initially save it as rec.709 and after a day or two , you should see it upconvert to rec.2020 HLG. I am not sure if this is b/c free version of youtube studio (which I also use) comes with low priority on processing SDR to HDR videos , but it seems to be the case for me as well. You can just give it a day or two and it should convert it to rec.2020 and you will see in the bottom right corner "HDR" in it. You can also check you current color space of the video you uploaded by right clicking anywhere on the video while it's playing or paused and choosing "Stats for nerds". It would say there rec.709 initially , but after a day or two it should say HLG BT.2020. Hope this helps.  Thanks, Mike.

Dear Mike,
  Thanks for the tip! I've noticed just after uploading on my phone it will not say HDR, however, now the video in question does have the HDR option on mobile device, however on both this video and one of my earlier videos it still uses bt702 on PC. My phone recognizes both videos as HDR however the newest video is still in the wrong color. Could you take a look here?
Newest video (Shows up as HDR on mobile, bt702 on PC, incorrect color on both device)

Old Video (Shows up as HDR on mobile, bt702 on PC, correct color on mobile, slightly over-saturated on PC

2022-11-8
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Morotezuki Posted at 11-8 16:19
Dear Mike,
  Thanks for the tip! I've noticed just after uploading on my phone it will not say HDR, however, now the video in question does have the HDR option on mobile device, however on both this video and one of my earlier videos it still uses bt702 on PC. My phone recognizes both videos as HDR however the newest video is still in the wrong color. Could you take a look here?
Newest video (Shows up as HDR on mobile, bt702 on PC, incorrect color on both device)

Hi Bud,

Yes I am seeing the color shift you mentioned. In the sky where sun is setting, sorry this one I am not sure about. You video is in HDR , HLG 10 bit HDR. Something did not go well with transcoding of your video to Youtube. I can tell it's contrasty enough for HDR , but sorry I am not sure about this color shift. It might be a bug in Google YouTube compression algorithm as Youtube heavily compresses the videos. Maybe you can raise it to Youtube Support team , but sorry I am not sure how to contact them, or maybe someone else on this forum could chime in and advise. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-11-8
Use props
mcde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621906 ft
Greece

It does take time for Youtube to prepare the HDR versions of your video. At first only the SDR versions are available. Regarding the color shift you have noticed, it may be an export setting issue, you have to be very careful with these. If I remember correctly you have to choose Main 10 and HDR metadata.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7126552
2022-11-9
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

1. You need to save it in Wide Gamut with HLG profile manual selected in order to not make mistakes. As a standard HDR camera have a HDR container that is having all data inside, the HLG does not have it, so if you export in HLG make sure you check the profile used (In DaVinci is staying in "As Project", if you did not put in project from first time that is Wide Gamut with HLG, it is possible to make a forced conversion to REC709 and colors will look completely wrong). Also you can use the Conversion of Color Space in Editing, is also good.
2. Do not expect to get real HDR in that video...Will get 10bit color space, but HDR10 will be missing in info as you do not have a HDR camera on this drone.
3. I believe you know that the editing from monitor will be different from playback in case of real HDR, as any HDR editing is made with Control Monitor that is having a separate output as HDR...The real HDR10 can be also edited "in blind" but you need to use the Color Space as output to put it REC709, then to disable it at end to remain HDR format. Still, this will also alter a part of colors as it will be perceived at final...
4. Be careful at darks, HLG and conversion to HDR will add a deeper dark and you can go underexposed very easy, having no metadata the decoder will not be able to correct it.

If you ask me, I would be reserved in using HDR content from DJI cameras....because HDR10 is missing and is no HDR10 metadata injected in file, you will miss 2 important things: Mastering display color volume and Content light level information....that 2 practically gives the HDR10 quality in TV's (if you use a monitor, you need to move into HDR mode manually at playback, still will be under a TV HDR display if you do not have a 4000 nits monitor - and this i doubt many can afford). This is the reason you will have a HUE shift at playback on the monitor/TV, as the HDR metadata in HLG is NONE, in HDR10 is static (applied one setting for all stream) and in HDR10+ is dynamic.

So, to simplify a complex knowledge:
- HDR10 and HDR10+, because of metadata container, will look the same on all monitors/TV that support HDR10 decoding (calibrated, of course).
- HLG because of lack of metadata will depend on each decoder from each monitor or TV, so you will see noticeable differences in HUE shifting from one unit to other, no matter how calibrated they are. This is why is preferred REC709 conversion, in order to reduce this risk of HUE shift (even if you loose the power of that 10bit/1000nits scale).

Another advice for novices: edit a small like 5 seconds video and export it, put your monitor in HDR mode and use POT PLAYER with HDR checked in order to see "the final result"...will help you see what you will get at final touch. If is OK, you can just copy paste the settings to final clip.
Cheers.
2022-11-9
Use props
Morotezuki
lvl.2
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-9 02:40
1. You need to save it in Wide Gamut with HLG profile manual selected in order to not make mistakes. As a standard HDR camera have a HDR container that is having all data inside, the HLG does not have it, so if you export in HLG make sure you check the profile used (In DaVinci is staying in "As Project", if you did not put in project from first time that is Wide Gamut with HLG, it is possible to make a forced conversion to REC709 and colors will look completely wrong). Also you can use the Conversion of Color Space in Editing, is also good.
2. Do not expect to get real HDR in that video...Will get 10bit color space, but HDR10 will be missing in info as you do not have a HDR camera on this drone.
3. I believe you know that the editing from monitor will be different from playback in case of real HDR, as any HDR editing is made with Control Monitor that is having a separate output as HDR...The real HDR10 can be also edited "in blind" but you need to use the Color Space as output to put it REC709, then to disable it at end to remain HDR format. Still, this will also alter a part of colors as it will be perceived at final...

Bravo my man, you gave a university lecture level of explanation here! I wish I can thank you for your time writing this. This explains a lot!! I got a couple additional questions for you.

1. I've decided to not go HDR, however in order to still use the 10 bit color of Mavic 3, would Rec.709 still be a good color space to edit in? Premieres detects Mavic 3 HLG footage as Rec.2100.

2. On its own basis, does HLG preserve more colors than D-log? Is HLG with Pro-Res slightly better than H.264/265 HLG or D-log?

Thanks again for your professional explanation.

2022-11-9
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Morotezuki Posted at 11-9 05:15
Bravo my man, you gave a university lecture level of explanation here! I wish I can thank you for your time writing this. This explains a lot!! I got a couple additional questions for you.

1. I've decided to not go HDR, however in order to still use the 10 bit color of Mavic 3, would Rec.709 still be a good color space to edit in? Premieres detects Mavic 3 HLG footage as Rec.2100.

1. The color can be preserved in full 10bit only in a 10bit profile. Resolve have a hybrid profile that allows you to use Wide Gamut, but is not usable if your TV is not HLG compatible.
In order to get max from Mavic 3, you can use REC2100 (HLG) without checking HDR metadata, practically you get into a "HDR like" mode that is HLG, but will also get some HUE shift (on LG TV I have seen that is minimal and is HLG compatible at a LED from 3 years ago, I cannot say about others as I never tested on Samsung and so on).
So, to answer your question:
- if you want to preserve 10bit, need to export 10bit, meaning R2100 HLG. HUE shift will vary from decoder to decoder. You cannot save 10bit color in Rec709 as it will be treated by most decoders as 8bit...
- If you want to edit 10bit in order to benefit of full power of it, but convert at the end in Rec709 (like all movies does), then you can go to HLG fist, edit all, than can use the Color Space Convertor from DaVinci and export as R709...
After all, the thing important here is that you get 10 bit editing in order to have that 10 bit color spectrum to control and at end you will not necessarily need 10bit colors but that 8bit that will look movie-like and is enough for a very nice movie. Of course, HDR movie will look a lot better, but HDR editing is not easy, also without HDR container is like chasing ducks with a canon-ball.

One more thing: DJI does not have Full range 0-255 RGB...and:
- The Dynamic range is lower with around 15% as DR is calculated as texture visible from the lowest point to the highest one, and because is 16-235 instead of 0-255, you should be aware that in HDR mode you will have crushed blacks and overexposed whites, as Premiere does not detect Limited RGB versus Full RGB all time. You need to define manually as limited range RGB, or Premiere will treat 16 as 0 and will lower the darks once, then you will use histogram to align the darks to 0 again and you double crush it....putting it manually in Limited range RGB when you make a New Project will solve this. Also make sure your monitor is Limited Range, or you will not see what will be on a TV for example.

2. HLG vs D-LOG vs Pro-Res.
Well, in order to answer this, is needed to explain you how they form the image...is a long story, from color coding, curves, encoding blocks and so on...to resume at basic:

HLG is basically the D-LOG, but imagine that you edit the Luma curve and boost the light....
- Log basically boost the light in all range from 0 to 255, that means that darks, middle and highlights get same amount of boost. In Mavic 3 D-Log will be not so nice, because is boosting the darks from 0 and as you remember, Mavic 3 have a Limited RGB, meaning that in LOG you will see that lower shadows practically have no texture as 0-16 RGB contains no info but is considered Pure Black and is getting this boost that make it grey but without any data...that part being boosted, will look creepy and in edit you need to lower it back down to 0, so no benefit from Log here. So when you use LOG, need to do 2 things:
A. Align Hystogram to right, in order not to get blown highlights
B. Correct using a S shape in curves in order to lower the shadows until you get that 0 info back to Pure Black.

- HLG - or Hybrid Log Gama...Is like LOG, but not linear, meaning is boosting the light from middle to highlights (remember I keep this explain basic, is not boosting light, but is easy to explain it to you as what you "see"). So you will manage to get a bigger DR in upper part, meaning that darks and shadows remains where should be, but information related to highlights is better preserved (if you film in HLG and appears overexposed, you will be able to lower highlights and regain some data back).
This is why HLG in Mavic 3 will look better than LOG, as is not "boosting" areas where is no data. Also is easier to edit.
The colors remains the same, 10 bit profile, but HLG will have colors appropriate to REC709, LOG have colors encoded and you need a little saturation to be added back. (sometimes HLG profile is oversaturated and you even need to get saturation 3-5% lower as from 100% to 95%).
So between LOG and HLG, in this particular case, is better HLG for Mavic 3.
In rest, at better cameras, LOG is exceeding HLG as you can work also with darks that contains information and DR is greater.

H264 vs H265 vs ProRes.
H264 is good...blocks for encoding are bigger so decoding is made easier and works in all computers...think at the screen that is split in small areas...this are blocks...encoding is taking one block and if nothing is changed, will set a sequence to repeat that block from the Primary block...this is called Key Frame. Still, at 4K resolution, H264 will make very small artifacts, as this blocks are bigger and sometimes can be seen.
H265 is optimized for 4K and 8K, the blocks are grouped differently and smaller than H264. This gives you a nice crisp image that is also compressed enough. As encoding is very powerful, you need a better computer to encode-decode, Resolve mainly is using the GPU from video card that is powerful enough, Premiere is mainly using CPU...This is why you will see users that edit faster in one of programs, depends of CPU and/or GPU they have used. (Live edit can be made on I5 or AMD medium  computers if you do not use 32/64 effects and also do not put Optical Flow...if you do...well...you will need a 4x Xeon CPU blade with 12 processors each = 48 total cores and a Quattro video card to edit live as encoding-decoding power).
ProRes is uncompressed format...from my point of view is just a marketing thing, as there is no visible difference between Prores and H265...on contrary, ProRes will get more noise, as the compression in H265 will slightly reduce also noise pattern. Main advantage in ProRes is speed of editing, but same thing you get also if convert H265 in DNxHR format. Some people say that 422 from Prores is superior to 420 from H265 in color editing, personally I have seen that is supporting same push in color grading.

So:
- For personal videos use H264, is easier and edits faster. If you have night footage, go to H265 as the darks in H264 will degrade faster and you will see "blocks".
- For work use H265 as will give you enough limits to "save the day" in case you make a small mistake.
- For cinematography and stupid clients, feel free to use ProRes, will not help but will get their EGO in place.

Hope not to be too expanded in explanations ))))
Cheers
2022-11-10
Use props
Morotezuki
lvl.2
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-10 01:16
1. The color can be preserved in full 10bit only in a 10bit profile. Resolve have a hybrid profile that allows you to use Wide Gamut, but is not usable if your TV is not HLG compatible.
In order to get max from Mavic 3, you can use REC2100 (HLG) without checking HDR metadata, practically you get into a "HDR like" mode that is HLG, but will also get some HUE shift (on LG TV I have seen that is minimal and is HLG compatible at a LED from 3 years ago, I cannot say about others as I never tested on Samsung and so on).

You should be teaching about color spaces haha. Say for a 4k YouTube video, would it be best to just shoot in HLG and edit in 709? If seems like if I edit in 2100 and export in 709, there will be a big difference in the video. But if I edit HLG in 709, would the HLG just be pointless? How to get the most out of the HLG footage if YouTube is going to forcefully convert 2100 into 709??
2022-11-10
Use props
ZmootheOperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187516 ft
Norway

Did you read Google's guidelines?

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7126552

2022-11-10
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Morotezuki Posted at 11-10 10:08
You should be teaching about color spaces haha. Say for a 4k YouTube video, would it be best to just shoot in HLG and edit in 709? If seems like if I edit in 2100 and export in 709, there will be a big difference in the video. But if I edit HLG in 709, would the HLG just be pointless? How to get the most out of the HLG footage if YouTube is going to forcefully convert 2100 into 709??

HLG shooting is not pointless, as the point is to get a lot of data in filmed material in order to correct any errors and deliver a great R709.
         So, is good to shoot HLG as will allow you to edit a lot of colors and also have a tolerance in Highlights for correction in post. Export will be Rec 709 as is compatible with all units.
           IF you want HDR, should get a camera that support real HDR in order to have the HDR container embedded in video. You can emulate it if you have only HLG, but is not the same, the result will be pretty strange in some HUE areas.
2022-11-11
Use props
mcde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621906 ft
Greece

I have been shooting HLG with Mavic 3 since this summer and the resulting image is very good. It can be natively edited in premiere pro without any issues.

If you only intend to upload footage edited in Premiere Pro to Youtube then you should be editing natively in rec 2100 and be careful with the project and export settings you are using. However if you read Google's guidelines (that both me and ZmootheOperator suggested) they recommend uploading hdr footage as an hevc mp4 file. Just try to upload a small hevc mp4 file with different settings to find out where the problem is.

You should also read this thread.
2022-11-11
Use props
Morotezuki
lvl.2
United States

mcde Posted at 11-11 03:38
I have been shooting HLG with Mavic 3 since this summer and the resulting image is very good. It can be natively edited in premiere pro without any issues.

If you only intend to upload footage edited in Premiere Pro to Youtube then you should be editing natively in rec 2100 and be careful with the project and export settings you are using. However if you read Google's guidelines (that both me and ZmootheOperator suggested) they recommend uploading hdr footage as an hevc mp4 file. Just try to upload a small hevc mp4 file with different settings to find out where the problem is.

Hi,
  Yes editing natively as Rec.2100 was all fine, however after exporting to YouTube the color was off, which was the whole point of this post. My export settings was Pro Res HQ, Rec.2100. I've tried yesterday with H.265 with Main 10 and Rec.2020, results are also bad.
2022-11-11
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-10 01:16
1. The color can be preserved in full 10bit only in a 10bit profile. Resolve have a hybrid profile that allows you to use Wide Gamut, but is not usable if your TV is not HLG compatible.
In order to get max from Mavic 3, you can use REC2100 (HLG) without checking HDR metadata, practically you get into a "HDR like" mode that is HLG, but will also get some HUE shift (on LG TV I have seen that is minimal and is HLG compatible at a LED from 3 years ago, I cannot say about others as I never tested on Samsung and so on).

Premiere now makes full use of the GPU encoding and decoding. In fact, if you have an intel cpu with a gpu and say a nvidia gpu it will decode with the intel and encode with the nvidia gpu. I can encode video stupid fast even in HDR.

What it still stuffers from is a lot of the effects are cpu bound still.
2022-11-15
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 11-15 18:13
Premiere now makes full use of the GPU encoding and decoding. In fact, if you have an intel cpu with a gpu and say a nvidia gpu it will decode with the intel and encode with the nvidia gpu. I can encode video stupid fast even in HDR.

Versus 2 years ago, yes, but still does not approach to the GPU optimization of DaVinci Resolve.
         Try to use any 32 effect, will degrade instantly as is no longer processed in effects by GPU, but CPU.
        And we do not talk about Full in preview, but Half or even Quarter.
        Also a warning: in Premiere 2022 is a new approach of HLG versus 2021, they simplified the HLG profile but screwed the ICC profile, you need to reinterpret footage according to real project/movie profile, or it will appear all colors washed...is already known issue, all old projects need to be reinterpreted manually in profile.
        Not to mention that if you want to see the LIVE HDR output in a HDR editing, you need an additional card and output to another montor/TV hdr, you cannot see it Live on your editing monitor...so any person that edit in HDR with only one monitor must pay attention to histogram, is very easy to make mistakes as you make a blind work...export, put the video into a HDR TV to see it, back to editing, and cycle repeats....this is why I believe HDR remains a very good standard but cannot be used by home users, only if you have a dedicated studio for HDR. Until then, HLG is very good for editing and converting it to Rec709, as is allowing you to work with a wide gamut and recover a lot of information.
Cheers.
2022-11-21
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 11-15 18:13

Hi Djiuser,

I use Davinci Resolve, but just curios if Adobe Premier would decode with AMD  as well as Intel. I moved to AMD platform and that's why I am curios.

Thanks in advance, Mike.
2022-11-21
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-21 01:24
Versus 2 years ago, yes, but still does not approach to the GPU optimization of DaVinci Resolve.
         Try to use any 32 effect, will degrade instantly as is no longer processed in effects by GPU, but CPU.
        And we do not talk about Full in preview, but Half or even Quarter.

Hi Geo bud,

I use Davinci Resolve, btw with recent updates and also possible due to upgrading my CPU to newer AMD, I am now able to view HLG video in true HDR with a single HDR monitor , which is a gaming HDR monitor in Davinci Resolve. I was very surprised myself when I launch Resolve after updating it to the latest version and on new AMD hardware and I am now able to see HLG in true HDR in Resolve on my only one gaming HDR monitor. Just wanted to share this.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-11-21
Use props
ZmoothOperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187516 ft
Norway

Morotezuki Posted at 11-11 08:17
Hi,
  Yes editing natively as Rec.2100 was all fine, however after exporting to YouTube the color was off, which was the whole point of this post. My export settings was Pro Res HQ, Rec.2100. I've tried yesterday with H.265 with Main 10 and Rec.2020, results are also bad.

Sure you didn't master it in P3 color space?

"A common mistake is to master in P3, then tag the result using Rec. 2020 primaries. Doing so will result in an oversaturated look with shifted hues."
2022-11-21
Use props
Morotezuki
lvl.2
United States

ZmoothOperator Posted at 11-21 09:42
Sure you didn't master it in P3 color space?

"A common mistake is to master in P3, then tag the result using Rec. 2020 primaries. Doing so will result in an oversaturated look with shifted hues."

No, I colored in Rec.2100
2022-11-21
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Mzp Posted at 11-21 06:08
Hi Geo bud,

I use Davinci Resolve, btw with recent updates and also possible due to upgrading my CPU to newer AMD, I am now able to view HLG video in true HDR with a single HDR monitor , which is a gaming HDR monitor in Davinci Resolve. I was very surprised myself when I launch Resolve after updating it to the latest version and on new AMD hardware and I am now able to see HLG in true HDR in Resolve on my only one gaming HDR monitor. Just wanted to share this.

Hi Mike,
Thanks for info, will try it, but I do not get it, how does the HDR preview will be able to use same HDMI as standard REC709 display, for me seems impossible.

We have EIZO true HDR mastering monitor, but never was able to edit and display on same unit, always use LG for editing and Eizo for preview and live corrections.

Will have a try between Christmas and New Year as we will close the works and remain only with fun, but with some doubts...even if you put the display in HDR output and Full RGB mode, Resolve preview (2021, not yet updated as we do not know all bugs and cannot afford now a disruption in workflow) cannot render on same output a HDR preview LIVE because of technical issues that appear, as needs to process practically 2 flows of HDR data, one the display and one the preview, this being not possible on a HDMI2.1...always was needed another card and another output. Will give a try to new Resolve in order to see if they managed things differently.

Cheers,
Your Buddy George.
2022-11-23
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-23 00:16
Hi Mike,
Thanks for info, will try it, but I do not get it, how does the HDR preview will be able to use same HDMI as standard REC709 display, for me seems impossible.

Hi George buddy,

Just wanted to mention one thing this is on the very latest Davinci Resovle Studio app 18.1.0 and Windows 11 (HDR turned on) in Windows 11 and also not sure if it makes a difference I am using Display Port 1.4a with DSC (display port compression) connection from my Nvidia RTX graphics card to the HDR monitor.  My monitor is Asus 4k 144hz using 10 bit RGB color in Display Settings on Windows 11.

Cheers,
Your Buddy Mike.
2022-11-23
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Mzp Posted at 11-23 06:32
Hi George buddy,

Just wanted to mention one thing this is on the very latest Davinci Resovle Studio app 18.1.0 and Windows 11 (HDR turned on) in Windows 11 and also not sure if it makes a difference I am using Display Port 1.4a with DSC (display port compression) connection from my Nvidia RTX graphics card to the HDR monitor.  My monitor is Asus 4k 144hz using 10 bit RGB color in Display Settings on Windows 11.

Sure friend,
Will give it a try  
I will also make a short video related to Night video quality between Mini3, Mavic 3 and Evo2Pro, and how it helps the HLG\HDR in night...not on Auto, but all drones in manual mode and all processed at max quality that can be obtained in order for people to see how DR works and how important is to have a Full Range RGB....a lot of people is not knowing and scream how good is one drone or other...
The simple fact is that each drone have own advantages, no drone can have it all, as that one will be a Best Buy to all.

Cheers.
2022-11-24
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-24 03:27
Sure friend,
Will give it a try   
I will also make a short video related to Night video quality between Mini3, Mavic 3 and Evo2Pro, and how it helps the HLG\HDR in night...not on Auto, but all drones in manual mode and all processed at max quality that can be obtained in order for people to see how DR works and how important is to have a Full Range RGB....a lot of people is not knowing and scream how good is one drone or other...

Sounds good buddy! That would be very interesting to see ! I personally have not done much of night shooting at all. I know Mavic 3 recently unlocked higher ISOs and called it a night mode. I know Evo 2 has a similar thing called Moonlight I think and also allows to use for higher ISO. It would be very interesting to see what you come up with.

Take care.

You friend, Mike
2022-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules