Using an ACER Iconia Tab 8
4451 6 2015-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
donstang165
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216683 ft
United States

Just checking to see if anyone can give me advise on using this tablet? It loads the new GO software fine but will not let me into the camera mode thru the equipment tab. So I cannot access any of the camera or flight functions.

Thanks!

2015-8-13
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

The only obvious observation I can make is that your device is NOT on the recommended list for Android devices. At a minimum, identify the operating system of your device and compare it with the DJI "supported" Android devices. If your OS is at the minimum level, you may have a chance, but you're probably on your own for solutions (or advice from another user of the same device). If yours is "below" the Android OS level, good luck.

Don't give up. There are a number (not very many, but at least there are some) of "non-supported" devices being used successfully.
2015-8-13
Use props
OutFlyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216683 ft
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-13 23:00
The only obvious observation I can make is that your device is NOT on the recommended list for Andro ...

Thanks!! starting over on this part of the system I think.
2015-8-13
Use props
braine
New

Canada

I also use the Acer Icona 8 and it has been working good with 1.3.2 firmware update. I did have to get rid of as many apps as possible and don't let it record vids and works great. I too was wondering about the new go app and have yet to load it. Here is another Acer Icona 8 user and a post he put in the other forum http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... een-released.50655/   At first it wouldn't work for him and than a few post done he says he's got it working after dumping the DJI directory off the table.
Hope this helps
Let me know if it does if I haven't done it by than.
2015-8-13
Use props
sjhallmn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369206 ft
United States

have the same Acer Iconia Tab 8 and it works great.  I know this sounds obvious but is your P3 turned on when you try to go into the app.  The Go software will not allow you to look at anything until the quad is powered up and connected.
2015-8-13
Use props
waxahachie tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47169 ft
United States

sjhallmn Posted at 2015-8-14 03:36
have the same Acer Iconia Tab 8 and it works great.  I know this sounds obvious but is your P3 turne ...

DJI GO 2.01 crashes on launch on my Iconia Tab 8. I get "Unfortunately, DJI GO has stopped". I dumped the cache, no help. Any help? I'm an iOS guy, so i'm not too versed in droid repair.
2015-8-16
Use props
Grossi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14199 ft
Poland

it's gettmig me irritating that you spend a lot of money on P3 and then you have to spend half of it just to run ONLY APP... if this goes further you will have to have high end LAPTOP by hand to drive this thing.... I don't see that other vendors have so super high requirements on the application....... c'mon... in DJI I think they don't know the word - optimalization in any sort of software : /
2015-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules