665 4 2022-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhatfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347697 ft
United States

Greetings,

I've been trying to control my dji Mini 3 Pro (dji RC) on a local disc golf course, using the hyperlapse waypoint mission method. Each time I try my drone stops due to it's obstical avoidence system. I thought I would be able to turn off the sensors, but have not figured out how, or if I can. Anybody know how to deal with is issue. As shown here in my video, it is daring venture working the joy sticks myself with the rise, drop in elevation changes, as well as the tight turns involved.

https://www.us24ever.org/cook-book/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/2011-11-08-Lakefront-Hole_C-Par_3_240FT-jvh.mp4

Many thanks,

Jerry H

2022-11-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, jhatfield. Thank you for your inquiry, and apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. We have reported your concern to our related department. We will write back as soon as we receive feedback. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, jhatfield. To give an update, we have received a confirmation that Obstacle Avoidance cannot be disabled or turned off when flying in Hyperlapse-Waypoint mode. When the lighting is sufficient and the environment is suitable for the vision systems to operate, the aircraft will brake and hover in place if an obstacle is detected in front, behind, or below during Hyperlapse. For optimal performance, use Hyperlapse at an altitude higher than 50 m and set a difference of at least two seconds between the interval time and shutter. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-12
Use props
jhatfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347697 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-12 23:39
Hi, jhatfield. To give an update, we have received a confirmation that Obstacle Avoidance cannot be disabled or turned off when flying in Hyperlapse-Waypoint mode. When the lighting is sufficient and the environment is suitable for the vision systems to operate, the aircraft will brake and hover in place if an obstacle is detected in front, behind, or below during Hyperlapse. For optimal performance, use Hyperlapse at an altitude higher than 50 m and set a difference of at least two seconds between the interval time and shutter. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.

Thank you for giving me more insight and behavior of this flight mode in detail. In life, we don't always receive the answers we want to hear, but closure is comfort none the less.

Have a good weekend, what's left of it,

Jerry  
2022-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jhatfield Posted at 11-13 05:39
Thank you for giving me more insight and behavior of this flight mode in detail. In life, we don't always receive the answers we want to hear, but closure is comfort none the less.

Have a good weekend, what's left of it,

You are most welcome, Jerry. We appreciate your utmost understanding. Thank you for your valued support. Happy flying!
2022-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules