Drone Scanner / DJI Mini 3 Pro working yet????
3637 13 2022-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse7a1a294
lvl.2
Flight distance : 579114 ft
United States

I have installed the latest firmware on my DJI Mini 3 Pro and installed the Drone Scanner app on my iPhone.  I wanted to see if Remote ID was working and what kind of information was reported in Drone Scanner.  I made sure to turn on Bluetooth on my RC controller.

I waited until the homepoint was updated and opened Drone Scanner for several minutes.  It did NOT report anything about my Mini 3 Pro.

Wonder if anyone else has looked into this and what experience you can share.
2022-11-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Drone scanner is not yet working.  Yes, your Mini 3 IS broadcasting RID. Open Drone ID DOES work.
2022-11-13
Use props
fanse7a1a294
lvl.2
United States

I could not find Open Drone ID in the (Apple) App store.
2022-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, fanse7a1a294. Thank you for your inquiry. We have forwarded your concern to our related team for feedback. We will provide an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. To give an update, DJI does not have a recommended third-party app you can use to check the RID function. Alternatively, you may check the Remote ID serial number through your WLAN. You may use your DJI remote controller to control the drone to start the motors, then use the WLAN of your cell phone or tablet to scan the Remote ID serial number broadcast by the drone at a location close to the drone. If you see “RID-” followed by a 20-digit alphanumeric Remote ID serial number in the "Available networks", it means that the Remote ID is broadcasted properly. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-13
Use props
overdrive1337
lvl.2
United States

Drone Scanner app on iPhone only detects legacy Bluetooth RID broadcasts. DJI drones broadcast via WiFi Beacon, so Drone Scanner app on iPhone or iPad for that matter, will not detect the broadcast. I recently tested both Drone Scanner and OpenDroneID apps on a fully supported Android phone with a friend's DJI Air 2S. Drone Scanner failed to detect, while OpenDroneID immediately detected the Drone. I reported the issue to the Drone Scanner Github repo and they have a fix coming in a app update within the next few days.
2022-11-14
Use props
fanse7a1a294
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the replies.  I do not have a 'need' to track Remote ID, but am interested in following how it evolves and works since it seems to be somewhat controversial.  
2022-11-14
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I totally get your request.  You want to know if their app is doing anything, or working.  I have it installed on an android device with wifi and bt enabled.  It did not see my M3C or M3E which are both supposedly remote id compliant.  I think their app is ridiculous.

Once RID becomes a real thing, I am thinking about putting a RID scanner app in the store just to educate the public on why that drone they see is not illegal per se.  : )
2022-11-14
Use props
overdrive1337
lvl.2
United States

Drone Scanner updated both the Android and iOS apps. Drone Scanner on Android devices should now be working with WiFi Remote ID drones. I haven’t tested it, to know for sure, but I reported the issue and they assured me it would be fixed in this update. Drone Scanner on iOS still only works with Bluetooth 4 and now has the WiFi features removed with an explanation as to why in the Preferences.
2022-11-25
Use props
teemutityz
lvl.1

United States

Environment is clear and free of obstacles. After takeoff hover the aircraft at the altitude you want to record at focus track supports three modes. When the app enters the camera. Go for the Barcode Scanner Android that comes from the Munbyn brand and it works perfect in that case!
2023-6-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

overdrive1337 Posted at 2022-11-25 16:05
Drone Scanner updated both the Android and iOS apps. Drone Scanner on Android devices should now be working with WiFi Remote ID drones. I haven’t tested it, to know for sure, but I reported the issue and they assured me it would be fixed in this update. Drone Scanner on iOS still only works with Bluetooth 4 and now has the WiFi features removed with an explanation as to why in the Preferences.

An utterly useless and nonsensical app.  How on earth does this help anybody with anything?  
2023-6-21
Use props
teemutityz
lvl.1

Canada

Environment is clear and free of obstacles. After takeoff hover the aircraft at the altitude you want to record at focus track supports three modes. When the app enters the camera. Go for the barcode scanner Android that comes from the Munbyn brand and it works perfect in that case!https://munbynscan.com/munbyn-handheld-computers-scanner-pda/

eeeee
2023-6-23
Use props
beezyspeezyvf
New

Israel

MUNBYN IZP053 point of sale system is a state-of-the-art POS 2D android scanner that delivers exceptional performance and reliability. With its advanced features and flexible configuration options, this system is designed to meet the needs of businesses in a wide range of industries, from retail and hospitality to healthcare and more.
2023-8-24
Use props
beezyspeezyvf
New

Pakistan

beezyspeezyvf Posted at 8-24 19:21
MUNBYN IZP053 point of sale system is a state-of-the-art POS 2D android scanner that delivers exceptional performance and reliability. With its advanced features and flexible configuration options, this system is designed to meet the needs of businesses in a wide range of industries, from retail and hospitality to healthcare and more.

2023-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules